• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft prepares for rebound with five AAA titles planned for this fiscal year

hyperbertha

I am a big From Software fanboy but let's not make shit up. In no way is Sekrio, Bloodborne or any of the Souls games are open world lol. Sure, they're open ended and do a very good job of making an illusion that they are open world, but they are not.

TLOU is a linear cinematic simulator, Prey is not open world and neither is Deus ex...
Point me to where I said any of them were openworld?

Point me to where I said any of them were openworld?

Your very first sentence said try "openworlds" then you gave a list of a bunch of games which implied every game on that list was open world. And you said "deep combat" for Bloodborne implied that it was an open world game with deep combat. You have to structure your sentences better my dude otherwise you'll confuse people.

Camreezie

I wish they would release some UbiArt games again those games were great. They release a lot of similar games when they still have stuff like Rayman , South Park and Splinter Cell up their sleeves

Banned
just make new IP, I'm bored with yearly ass creed, was hoping more of child of light but well... the sales figure says otherwise

Andodalf

Banned
just make new IP, I'm bored with yearly ass creed, was hoping more of child of light but well... the sales figure says otherwise

In the last 4 years they put out 2 AC games. This entire post is really about how all the games they delayed as part of a published wide shift to give games more dev time finally coming out.

Child of Light was bland and forgettable imo. A good turn-based RPG can sell well but since this one failed it’s unlikely Ubisoft will give the genre another try.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
That lineup will make Ubisoft untouchable, not all their philosophies connect with everyone (open world, subjects, big themes etc.), and they had some set backs (trying to reinvent the wheel, shaming people into using uPlay etc) too but their games have a personality and that's important in game development.

yurinka

Is Far Cry 6 their next reveal?
Sounds very likely, this or a new IP. I'd keep Ghost Recon in the fridge for a while and replace it with an open world Splinter Cell that would have took many lessons from MGSV, the Soulsborne games, MHW and BotW.

I don't think they won't be on time for this FY, but they also have BGE2, Avatar or Skull & Bones.

Last edited:
Top Bottom