• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Paris Working on Unannounced AAA Open-World Game

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Specifically, Ubisoft Paris has just posted a new job listing for a lead level designer to work on an unannounced AAA project. The majority of the information surrounding the game is obfuscated still, but the former Ghost Recon: Breakpoint developer might have already hinted at the nature of this mysterious title.

Now that Ubisoft ended support for Ghost Recon: Breakpoint, the publisher's Paris branch seems to have gotten reassigned to a new AAA production. According to the job listing in question, the team is looking for a level designer who has had ample experience in the production of open-world shooters, as well as a penchant for "rational" level design. Historically, Ubisoft Paris has worked on the Ghost Recon, Rayman, and Just Dance franchises, and it's really just Ghost Recon that fits the bill for this particular job listing.

Keeping that in mind, other sources claim that a new Ghost Recon game is already in development, which would suggest that Ubisoft Paris has been assigned an entirely different IP, instead. Whatever the case might be, the studio's unannounced project may well have a heavy narrative slant, according to a different job listing that reveals the team is looking for a new narrative designer. There, the pitch lists titles such as Ghost Recon Breakpoint and Watch Dogs Legion as examples of what the studio is looking for.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
wow didnt expect AAA open world game from Ubisoft.
GOTY here we come ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dog Flapping GIF by MOODMAN

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

A recent job posting has listed a vacancy for a Senior Game Designer for Ubisoft Paris, the same studio behind Ghost Recon: Breakpoint. The post details that the selected candidate will be joining a team that's already working on one of its "unannounced first-person shooter AAA projects." While Ubisoft hasn't shared specific details about the project itself, the listing suggests that the company may be working on multiple AAA first-person shooter games. As the project appears to be still in its early stages, it's unlikely that fans will hear more concrete details about what to expect any time soon.

In a similar job posting, the Ubisoft Paris studio opened up a vacancy for a level designer early this month for an unannounced AAA Ubisoft title. While it's unclear if this refers to the unannounced AAA first-person shooters in the works, evidence points that at least one of these will be an open-world game. The post mentioned that the team was looking for a level designer experienced in open-world shooter game production. Now with the recent job posting, the rumor of a new Ghost Recon title in development is starting to look more likely.

ACESHIGH

Banned
Let me guess now that team ninja released 2 nioh games and Sony released ghosts of Tsushima it's time for ubisoft to get really late to the party as usual and release to their feudal Japan game

Assasins creed: Ronin

187 hours to complete. 357 towers to climb 582 bandit camps to clean and 4673 sacred kimonos to collect.
Also with good ol PC unoptimization that will or will not be fixed one year down the line, pegging that CPU0 to death like a prime 95 run.

Kumomeme

to be honest im not really interested with ubisoft open world game anymore. it feels too formulaic like their other game particularly assasins creed.

hopefully they bring out something 'different' than what they usually did

20cent

Banned
I'm always amazed with the Ubisoft bashing.

Horizon, Tsushima or Spiderman use the exact same formula, with even worse story development, combat system or exploration but these games are all GOTY material...right.

Oh yeah...they are PS exclusives...

Guilty_AI

I really enjoyed Mario + Rabbits but thats the ONLY game I enjoyed from Ubisoft.
Well, Driver SF, which i honestly consider to be one of the best racing games of all time, was made by them. So their current state really saddens me.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Ubisoft Leamington is now hiring developers for different roles at the studio, including Lead Technical Artist, Senior Level Designer, Character Concept Artist, Senior Associate Producer, Vegetation Artist, and more. In the Senior Level Designer posting, the studio outlined that the candidate must have experience in at least one triple-A game. "You’ll be accountable for the design of content that improves game levels and worlds to ensure optimum playability as well as operate with a higher level of competency and velocity." Ubisoft also claimed that selected candidates will be part of the next big IP in AAA gaming." We’re at the early stage of production, so you’ll play a pivotal part in the development, progress, and success of the project," the job posting reads.

Top Bottom