• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Montreal will reportedly launch a futuristic battle royale FPS called Hyper Scape in July

Tesseract

Banned
Whats squads like Tesseract Tesseract ? I downloaded this earlier so gonna have a proper go tomorrow. Seemed fun from the training lobby. Simple. Deciding which binds are most useful. Some guns are crap though, clear the levelling weapons is a big part of the game
squads are fun: lots of recovery opportunities, rooftop battles, coercion and deception around interiors

a good healer w / wall hack can carry a fight

i'm finding great utility in most of the weapons, hate the chain gun and auto pistol (former is ugly and sorta brain dead, latter is lazy and unbecoming of competitive shooting)

riot one pistol and ripper are favorites, melee is simple (i should be able to wallop someone, where's the spring lock / knock back)

movement is aight, needs work (i see no reason to lock angular velocity off a level surface or edge)

Tesseract Tesseract your FOV offends me. Unpopular gaming opinion inbound....I hate such extreme FOVs, it makes the game look stupid and weird. Those poor artists must be rolling in their yet to be filled graves.

At any rate thanks to your vids imma download and give it a run, my first trailer watch didn't grab me but hey a free download why not give it a try. A mate plays Valorant, maybe he'll wants some games of this too.

Tesseract

Banned
Tesseract Tesseract your FOV offends me. Unpopular gaming opinion inbound....I hate such extreme FOVs, it makes the game look stupid and weird. Those poor artists must be rolling in their yet to be filled graves.

At any rate thanks to your vids imma download and give it a run, my first trailer watch didn't grab me but hey a free download why not give it a try. A mate plays Valorant, maybe he'll wants some games of this too.
it's set to 90, i prefer higher but i'm aight anywhere inbetween

default is 60, i might dial back and see what it's like

Tesseract

Banned
this def feels like quake 3 or unreal tournament in a complex sprawl

respect to the devs, hope the s01 content path is magnificent

Tesseract

Banned
recorded a solo (stoned outta my mind), be patient with me

uploading and processing ...

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
imma be playing a lot of this over the coming months, will try to record and upload one game per week

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
it's an unholy mix of dystopia, prototype, unreal tournament

i salute these bastards

3OYL.gif

thief183

Cool that some people having a good time. But I wish somebody designed a BR about stealth and strategy like early PUBG was. I've played a couple of matches of this and it's just run around until you meet the enemy and then having a quake out. Like Apex. I'd enjoy this more if it was team deathmatch.
Have you tried Hunt Showdown?

Tesseract

Banned
this is prolly my game of the year unless something comes along to best it

imma nab the redhead skin asap, 20 bones down the drain

Tesseract

Banned
High praise indeed, especially for a game that's just getting started. I made a thread a while back about why I think this game is pretty innovative for the genre. Let me know if I missed anything. https://www.neogaf.com/threads/ubis...xes-many-frustrations-with-the-genre.1553721/
good thread and original post, sorry i missed it

you nailed it and these guys are only getting started, i think this is gonna shine bright if they keep pace with development and marketing

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Way too late. Fortnight occupies the third person cartoony style, PUBG the third person realistic style, then Apex the first person futuristic angle, and now Warzone has taken the first person realistic modern day theme. What's left? The only thing I could think of is a game with Battlefield 4's macro level destruction with R6 Siege's micro level destruction. Anything else is not adding anything new to the mix. This needed to come out 2-3 years ago.

With yearly releases of cod someone could easily overtake wsrzone.

Activision treats their games as GaaS yet release a sequel every year. It's fucking cancer.

bucyou

downloaded yesterday and had time to play a few solo matches, need to get used to the hacks and lack of weapons at the start.

Nixonomics

Thanks for posting all the gameplay vids Tesseract Tesseract . Looks right up my alley. Will have to download the beta this week and give it a shot. Wish we would just get a new arena shooter but this looks like it will scratch that itch well enough.

Tesseract

Banned
store refresh in 19 minutes, i'm gonna be legitimately pissed if the smoking hot red head girl ain't for sale

DO YOU HEAR ME, UBISOFT

Last edited:

wipeout364

Played some tonight, have no idea why this would be a hit unless people are just looking for the next thing in BR to playcause they are bored . Terrible art, gunplay to me feels weak compared to apex, PUBG or war zone; no weight to the weapons. Just a overall bland look that looks like it was designed by a committee.

Game is too fast and unforgiving for new players IMO. I love quake but the thing about quake is when you screw up you are back in the game in 10 seconds with this it’s run for a few minutes maybe survive the encounter or not then load for literally three to 4 minutes waiting for the next game. IMO if you want high mobility BR play Apex it’s a way better game.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I played a few matches tonight. If you like fast paced shooters like Quake and Unreal Tournament you'll dig this. As a Battle Royale though, it seems pretty awful. It's the Battle Royale for people who don't like Battle Royale.

Fall Guys wins this one.

Top Bottom