• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft job posting suggests next Splinter Cell will have a multiplayer mode

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Splinter Cell VR of course, what did you expect ?

splinter_cell.jpg

Ubisoft announced late last year that acclaimed stealth shooter franchise Splinter Cell is getting a made-for-VR game. Now, an Ubisoft job posting strongly suggests the studio is creating a multiplayer component for the game.
Ubisoft’s Düsseldorf, Germany office is currently looking for a Senior Lead Game Designer to “define and deliver the multiplayer content of the game in time and quality.”

“Reporting to the Senior producer in Düsseldorf, as the Project Owner for multiplayer, you define and implement the multiplayer vision shared by the Creative Director and the Game Director,” the posting says.
When it was first announced in September 2020, it wasn’t certain which specific platform the game would target; the company simply said it was bringing both Splinter Cell and Assassin’s Creed exclusively to “Oculus VR.”

Check out the current job listings below:
unknown.png

More here:

Last edited:
S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
Did one of the older Splinter Cell games have multiplayer? I could have sworn I played one in the past and it was surprisingly fun. Could be remembering wrong, though.

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah starting with Pandora Tomorrow I believe they had a Spies vs Mercs mode and it was awesome
That might have been it, thanks! It could be cool if they do it right.

I have more faith in VR games since Half Life: Alyx. Interested to see how this game looks. Splinter Cell in VR does sound cool as hell.

Romulus

Wow, a thread about a VR game and we don't have a bunch or sourpuss posts about being VR only. Gaf is now the forum of tolerance.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Splinter Cell VR of course, what did you expect ?

splinter_cell.jpg

Ubisoft announced late last year that acclaimed stealth shooter franchise Splinter Cell is getting a made-for-VR game. Now, an Ubisoft job posting strongly suggests the studio is creating a multiplayer component for the game.
Ubisoft’s Düsseldorf, Germany office is currently looking for a Senior Lead Game Designer to “define and deliver the multiplayer content of the game in time and quality.”

“Reporting to the Senior producer in Düsseldorf, as the Project Owner for multiplayer, you define and implement the multiplayer vision shared by the Creative Director and the Game Director,” the posting says.
When it was first announced in September 2020, it wasn’t certain which specific platform the game would target; the company simply said it was bringing both Splinter Cell and Assassin’s Creed exclusively to “Oculus VR.”

Check out the current job listings below:
unknown.png

More here:

Seems like a PS5 + PC game, a VR game.

Top Bottom