• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft is turning Watch Dogs into a “cybermystery” cartoon for tweens

Kagey K

Banned
Can’t wait for the episode about the bank robbing granny gang that I’m surely going to be making in this game.
I say they do that by episode 3.

Shifty

Ah, kid-friendly tie-ins.

Remember when the grim feudal houses and political machinations of the BattleTech / MechWarrior franchise got a kid-friendly cartoon adaptation?

Gotta get the hooks in 'em while they're young. Fuck me marketing is such depressing shit.

Original grimness for reference:

Last edited:

Lunk

This is what happens when you have a seperate mobile developer, and give them your license and just say "Run with it."

Siri

Banned
I’m not sure what all the negativity is about - these cartoons are for young kids, not for us?

Why not take Watch Dogs and turn it into something for young girls. Young people these days are tech-savvy, so the thematic choice, which lends itself well to non-violence, strikes me as being a pretty good one.

joe_zazen

I’m not sure what all the negativity is about - these cartoons are for young kids, not for us?

Why not take Watch Dogs and turn it into something for young girls. Young people these days are tech-savvy, so the thematic choice, which lends itself well to non-violence, strikes me as being a pretty good one.

well, when asscreed started pitting out their tween books it kinda put into stark relief just how little ubisoft cares for their lore and worlds. and this rubs some off the enthusiasts the wrong way...like when Disney started making star wars books aimed at 5 year olds.

It shows the enthusiasts that this is corporate shit made only for money. The characters and world you care so much about mean nothing to them beyond how much money they can generate. That feels bad.

SweetShark

Even though I see clearly this create a lot of "lol" material, I am hopeful this would be a good show.

Also let's have a real discuss here:
What kind of characters would make an appearance in this show?
Like, they will be in their original age or maybe they will be teens as well?

Banned
still salty about this IP, I had a very high expectation first time watching the trailer of the first game on 2011

If they turning the IP into something like this then good riddance

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
latest

Doczu

Fuck the WatchDogs cyber Scooby Doo rip-off, they are making a Far Cry: Blood Dragon series and the Castlevania adaptation dude is respinsible for it.

They better get Michael Biehn and Power Glove on board.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I bet the people who came up with this idea worked for Nick Jr or Disney before being hired on. It shows a complete separation from the medium and the odd placement of an IP. Some buddy up there is f***n stupid imo

Top Bottom