• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Forward Event 07/12/20 (Main event at: 12pm PT / 3pm ET / 8pm UK)

CrysisFreak

Banned
Am I the only one that watched that and thought to myself MAKE SOMETHING NEW!. My god I'm so sick of AC, FC, WD, and every companies dumb team shooter game. Can't believe I still even waste the time to fast forward through this.
They don't like taking risks. Like Anthem.

yurinka

But maybe Jeff Grubb is right.
I did work at Ubisoft, I know people working on the game and if you don't believe me, Ubisoft has over a dozen open job positions to work on this game, something you can double check by searching "beyond good and evil" here (there are more positions in other studios but not mentioning the game): https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/careers/search.aspx

He is wrong, the game is not cancelled and there is a lot of people working on it.

Last edited:

Ovek

7Member7
Looks like you're right

81g9mdyLlNL._SL1500_.jpg

That's a lot of Xbox logos...

sobaka770

Banned
It's not terrible exciting but to be fair the three core franchises are probably having their peak installments released at cross-gen. Watch Dogs 3 is an improvement, Valhalla looks good and Far Cry... I mean it's Far Cry.

It's a shame that Ubi basically neutered their franchises' identities by having same elements in every game like watch towers, collecta-thon maps, level-gating etc..

On the other hand after February people will have closure of these franchises and Ubi can move to next gen because it really feels like they milked this as much as they could.

Woopah

Helps that I live in London but Watch Dogs was the only thing that looked fun to me. Everything else was expected and uninteresting.

ACESHIGH

Banned
So how do we get watch dogs 2 now? I saw a banner stating that due to issues with log in we would be able to get the game for free anyway

Valentino

Valhalla looks like a Odyssey reskin and Farcry6 was just a shitty CGI trailer.

Ahhh come on..... It was a great looking trailer - but yeah Valhalla looks like a reskin Odyssey. It's odd because I don't think it looks like an Origins reskin.
I just hate how they use the most blatant customer friendly lingo......... "we can't wait for you to get your hands it"
Then you got tired lookin, Phil speaking his typical mumbo jumbo "it will look best on Xbox. I'm a big fan of Assassins Creed (climbed a Templar tower and that's it - probs doesn't even play games) ................................ like I have second hand embarssment for them............... we know Ubisoft and their scripted by the book sales talk more than they do.

Bkdk

I wonder if ubisoft can do watch dogs 2012 e3 demo in the next gen consoles? I think those cloth physics reacting to the explosion is still not doable for them, at least they make sure bullshotting isn't happening this time, so the disappointment won't be as big, though the character design is absolutely horrible for AC:V.

Dlacy13g

Am I the only one that watched that and thought to myself MAKE SOMETHING NEW!. My god I'm so sick of AC, FC, WD, and every companies dumb team shooter game. Can't believe I still even waste the time to fast forward through this.

This was my one complaint....overall felt very been there done that even though they all looked great for the most part. That said Legion visuals once in gameplay looked a bit shit especially the eyes on all character models. 👁👁

A sea of generic garbage from Ubisoft.

Disappointing because they are capable of making good games from time to time.

A new 2-D Rayman made specifically for Next Gen would have been amazing and a breath of fresh air... but no. New Splinter Cell? How about a mobile game with Sam shoehorned in?

🤮

That pop in AC has no place in 2021. They better get that engine tuned up. There is a lot of shit you can tolerate and digest with the "it's cross-gen" excuse but cmon.... We can't be having microscope glasses on exclusives (both PS and Xbox), but keep giving breaks to third party devs while they make bank.

Last edited:

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
When you look at their sales numbers though it all starts to make sense.

levyjl1988

Banned
RIP Beyond Good and Evil 2.
Prince of Persia was easily replaced with Assassin's Creed.
Assassin's Creed is trending towards open-world games with time savers and RPG elements. Gone are the one-hit kills.
Enemies are simply just bullet sponges.
The best Assassin's Creed game no was Syndicate then again that's the only one that I played for a long period, which has this mechanic.

I thought Watch Dogs looked like a ton of fun, Assassin's Creed Valhalla is one of my most anticipated games but man they need to work on those visuals, those 2D fire effects that move at like 5fps need to be replaced, they should delay it if they need to. That Far Cry 6 trailer was really well done, Ubisoft does a great job with their CGI announce trailers but that one just felt intense.

I did work at Ubisoft, I know people working on the game and if you don't believe me, Ubisoft has over a dozen open job positions to work on this game, something you can double check by searching "beyond good and evil" here (there are more positions in other studios but not mentioning the game): https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/careers/search.aspx

He is wrong, the game is not cancelled and there is a lot of people working on it.

When they've shown it in the past it always looked like something that was going to take YEARS to complete.

yurinka

When they've shown it in the past it always looked like something that was going to take YEARS to complete.
Yes, because it was something that was going to take years to complete, as it is the case of the big, very ambitious AAA games. And being a Michel Ancel game, it means even more years. It will need patience.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
No clue what you define as complex traversal, but Valhalla will have all the rest of these. What is this quote about?
I know man, I was being sarcastic about how marginal they are now. I think if they just made a medieval action-rpg instead of milking the AC brand it would have been more interesting.

Hudo

Sony had three games I’m excited for, everyone else had one or less.
And I am genuinely happy for you that you got something worthwhile out of the presentations so far! Unfortunately, that wasn't the case for me. The one thing that got me remotely excited out of the presentations was Persona 4 Golden for PC.
Well, we still have the rumored Nintendo Direct (apparently on the 20th?) and the Microsoft thing, where I hope to see more of Age of Empires IV but I wouldn't bank on that... But I am also interested to see what they're going to do with the new Fable.

H . R . 2

It's starting to look that way. I was hoping we'd get another glimpse of the game today, but no such luck.

Yeah, the chararacter models and facial animations need some serious work.
animations in general have taken a huge hit across all Ubisoft games , I remember WD and Unity had really good facial animations but ever since the Syndicate/Origins downgrade the visuals and the animations, especially in the AC franchise have been going downhill

H . R . 2

Wasted hours watching these shitty conferences in the hope of seeing Splinter Cell, glad I didn't make the same mistake this year.

exactly, where the heck is Splinter Cell, or whatever happened to Prince or Persia for that matter? where is BG&E2 or Avatar?
Ubisoft's has been making even poorer decisions than EA
That Elite thing was an abomination! sometimes I think Ubisoft is just trying to piss off the fans on purpose, like showing Sam Fisher in all their games because he's a popular character but refusing to make the next SC (because apparently they haven't found a way to incorporate microtransactions into the game or turn in into another pseudo-RPG embarrassment). after my friend and I saw Sam in the trailer of that game we were furious, I think fans have more respect for these characters than Ubisoft themselves. disgusting!

Last edited:

BlueLyria

Watch Dogs Legion looks better than what I expected, but I'll keep in mind it'll probably not look like anything that was shown today when it releases. And the assassin's creed stuff that was shown was basically the same as the leaks with some bullshots and some new footage, nothing unexpected.
Besides those two I'm not really sure what else was shown, I skipped right right into the footage for these games and FC6, and I got no idea how they managed to have a 3 hour conference.
Also, Free WD2 was cool, so kudos to that.

animations in general have taken a huge hit across all Ubisoft games , I remember WD and Unity had really good facial animations but ever since the Syndicate/Origins downgrade the visuals and the animations, especially in the AC franchise have been going downhill
Some of them are almost getting to ME Andromeda face animations tier, what happened?

Camreezie

Is this a joke? Ubis show was better than those two. Those shows were so pathetic though.

Ubi's show was mediocre.
No , legitimately it was the worst, at least EA had skate announcement and Microsoft showed off some new games. All ubi did was show stuff we new was coming and then a CGI trailer for Far Cry 6 that was leaked ahead of time.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Microsoft is our last hope.

The only game I'm genuinely excited for at the moment is Brendan Greene's Prologue and we know nothing about it.

Are they all trying to catch Final Fantasy‘s number now? This is 12th mainline AC with another 11 spinoffs. This is 14th FC. Nobody asked for another WD I think, why not create something new and fresh?

This industry is stale as fuck.

Last edited:

LarknThe4th

The industry has become allergic to taking risks

Top Bottom