• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Forward 2022 today (12pm PT / 3pm ET / 8pm UK)

Aion002

WTF was that?!
Demarcus Cousins Sport GIF

15 years of AC, they announce 3 new games and are incapable to show even a single screenshot of gameplay.

Ubi is trash.

H . R . 2

A cgi codename spunkfest and a barrage of mobile game updates, I want to die, this industry is beyond fucked.
people blame the new generation of gamers but the new generation is, in all sincerity, not to blame. they are being pogrammed to like these games otherwise I am sure they would appreciate proper games like we would back in the day. who wouldn't appreciate the first AC or Mass Effect or Splinter Cell or Mirror's edge or ....

CamHostage

I'm gonna need a dose of that impending Playstation showcase.

Maybe Sony did us a favor? They looked at their slate and the state/dates of what they had been planning to announce, they looked at all the shit ever other publisher was lining up in an endless stream of showcases, and they said, "Naw, let's let the kids have a summer..."

Last edited:

Kuranghi

All I need is confirmation there's no Sony Showcase this year and I can happily take the rest of the year off gaming wise

Ahhh don't be so sad, theres still good stuff to play, we'll come at this whole "AAA gaming" thing fresh and revitalised in 2023!

DonJorginho

Banned
Ahhh don't be so sad, theres still good stuff to play, we'll come at this whole "AAA gaming" thing fresh and revitalised in 2023!
This summer has just been SUCH a let down man, literally nothing of note for me, I'm placing all my hopes on Ragnarok to save this year for me gaming wise, as it's only that and collecting retro games that have made this year bearable for me personally.

Maybe Sony did us a favor? They looked at their slate and the state/dates of what they had been planning to announce, they looked at all the shit ever other publisher was lining up in an endless stream of showcases, and they said, "Naw, let's let the kids have a summer..."

Yeah say what you want about Sony/Playstation but they always deliver the goodies on the big showcase events.

Back to Assassins's Creed, it was a shit showcase but man I am really interested in Project Hexe, supposedly set during the Witch Trials and is supposed to be the "darkest AC game ever" , i'm curious what directions they're going to take this game (I've been interested in the occult since I was young).

Watched/skipped trough this video now.

I can obviously only speak for myself but there was nothing of interest for me.
Not a huge fan of ubisoft anyways.

Nearly as bad as the Disney showcase.

H . R . 2

what does "no gameplay"say about the game? not ready ! which is troubling. also 50$! hope they don't half ass it . I think they weren't expecting Mirage to be well received upon announcement and then they went " oh shit they actually like it! so do we now actually have to rework the parkour and the combat system? but the RPG ones were much easier to make and such a good excuse for the lower quality games we are used to making !"
FcUdrBHXEAgECQ7

Last edited:
So is xDefiant just dead at this point? I was thinking they would want to release that thing before Overwatch 2 and that Gundam hero shooter. There are a lot of free to play games, but not many good free to play competitive shooters. Feels like a missed opportunity.

onesvenus

Mobile + CGI más that a bad showcase for me.
Also, loved how their games are found to Ubi+ day one. So much for all the naysayers saying games don't make sense to go to subscription services day one.

VN1X

Banned
So is xDefiant just dead at this point?
Nah I've been playing it and while it's still 'heavily in development' it gets so many basic things wrong that it doesn't hold a candle to stuff like CoD or Overwatch. The servers are up every friday for a few hours but I've had to push myself to come back to it. It's really meh (and that's coming from someone who desperately wanted to like it as I'm always in the market for more arena shooters).

Woopah

Interested in Sparks of Hope and Mirage, so it was at least better than the Disney show.

Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft have clearly had the best shows so far this year, and the former two should both have another show in the next month (hopefully). I'm confident that both will show a lot of gameplay and announce new titles, since so know so little about their 2023 lineups.

DonJorginho

Banned
of the last 3 Assasin's Creed games, 2 of them were amazing. So where is the hate coming from?
I definitely wouldn't go that far.

Origins was a pretty good albeit flawed RPG but it was a solid start for the new direction the series was taking.

Odyssey was a game that improved some sections but completely took a step back in several other key areas and was a bloated grind fest that lacked personality.

Valhalla was a pretty awful entry, a story which lacked cohesion or enough reason to stay invested for the 100+ hours of your timr the game required on repetitive quest lines, copy and paste areas and pretty unintuitive combat that seemed to get worse from entry to entry. The setting was captivating at first but it soon ran out of steam for most.

Opened the video. Went through a few bullet points. Nothing of value was lost, only my time.

I feel bad for the folks who watched this live. IT STINKS!

Top Bottom