• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft+ could follow EA Play into Xbox Game Pass Ultimate next year

pasterpl

make sense, Ubisoft is already working with amazon and google, addition to gamepass is logical, question is if this will be separate/new tier of if it is going to be bundled in with current price

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I mean, probably would be a waste what good game Ubisoft recently have? Even fucking EA, have more diverse catalog.

Papacheeks

Banned
Expect a price hike if this happens. ANd expect there to be limitations on the versions of games you play, like complete editions etc.

I mean, probably would be a waste what good game Ubisoft recently have? Even fucking EA, have more diverse catalog.

I mean, they just released one of the most appeeciated and highest selling Assassin's Creed games, a new Watch_Dogs and the surprising new IP Immortals in just about a month and a half. Sure their games aren't for everybody, but end of 2020 gaming is packed with good Ubisoft games.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I mean, they just released one of the most appeeciated and highest selling Assassin's Creed games, a new Watch_Dogs and the surprising new IP Immortals in just about a month and a half. Sure their games aren't for everybody, but end of 2020 gaming is packed with good Ubisoft games.
I don't deny it, but those games are just fetch quests

Ubisoft gets a bad rep IMO. The recent AC games have been great (Ghost of Tsushima totally ripped them off and that’s beloved) and I bought but haven’t played Immortals yet - looking forward to that. I also really enjoyed The Division. And then there’s Far Cry coming up... If they add it in, at a reasonable price (or even better included) I’d be excited.

SCB3

Ubisoft gets a bad rep IMO. The recent AC games have been great (Ghost of Tsushima totally ripped them off and that’s beloved) and I bought but haven’t played Immortals yet - looking forward to that. I also really enjoyed The Division. And then there’s Far Cry coming up... If they add it in, at a reasonable price (or even better included) I’d be excited.
GoT was AC Japan is so many ways

This would be great. I almost held off on buying Valhalla and Fenyx Rising on PS5 just in case Ubi+ got announced for consoles soon, but they were both on sale so I bought them anyway.

If it is Game Pass only, that is a pretty nice get. If it comes to both Playstation and Xbox, even better.

This would be great. I almost held off on buying Valhalla and Fenyx Rising on PS5 just in case Ubi+ got announced for consoles soon, but they were both on sale so I bought them anyway.

If it is Game Pass only, that is a pretty nice get. If it comes to both Playstation and Xbox, even better.
Most likely both but comes to gamepass ultimate with no extra costs but come to PS at a $5 to $7 a month subscription.

I don't think so. Though it is technically possible but I am not sure if it will be a part of GamePass Ultimate. Maybe Platinum?

Buggy Loop

infinity war avengers GIF by Marvel Studios

Gamepass is already an insane value. If Ubisoft add free content like EA did... and when Bethesda starts pumping out it’s major games.. yeah.

Glad I bought 2 years of it on PC when it was dirt cheap. Best fucking value.

Verchod

You don't need the whole lot, just add one Assassin's creed or Far Cry game.. Then just replay it once a year

Mmnow

Makes sense. They're never going to be able to compete with Gamepass in the console space, and the urchases of microtransactions and DLC improve the more people can play your game. This seems like the obvious solution.

I don't know whether it'll be included at current price. They could afford literally everything at this price point if they had enough subscribers, and Ubi would just make that figure go up. But there's a lot in Gamepass Ultimate right now.

I don't think a price increase is on the horizon. It doesn't make sense. But maybe an add-on "channel"?

PuffyCan

I doubt it's going to happen since ubisoft+ cost more than gamepass. Maybe it's going to be an additionnal subscribtion you can add or a new tier for game pass.Most likely this is just ubisoft+ being available on console, and since sony took a lot of time to allow ea play, it might come to xbox first but who knows.

Looks like games are basically moving toward the free-to-play model, but behind a subscription. The amount of stuff locked behind paywalls is going to become astronomical.

They should consider calling it GaaSPass.

graywolf323

Gold Member
Makes sense. They're never going to be able to compete with Gamepass in the console space, and the urchases of microtransactions and DLC improve the more people can play your game. This seems like the obvious solution.

I don't know whether it'll be included at current price. They could afford literally everything at this price point if they had enough subscribers, and Ubi would just make that figure go up. But there's a lot in Gamepass Ultimate right now.

I don't think a price increase is on the horizon. It doesn't make sense. But maybe an add-on "channel"?
yeah the only way I can see this happening is if it's available as an add-on like how Ubisoft+ works on Luna/Stadia, it costs as much monthly as GPU already so there's no way they're going to include it at no extra cost

Mmnow

yeah the only way I can see this happening is if it's available as an add-on like how Ubisoft+ works on Luna/Stadia, it costs as much monthly as GPU already so there's no way they're going to include it at no extra cost
There's no way new games will be added day one, and so it's tough to judge a price. Ubi would get access to millions of people they wouldn't previously have access to, and that's really valuable. There's no competing Ubi service on Xbox either.

It also makes sense for Microsoft to take the hit on soaking up smaller competing services today. It's in their best interest to make sure these services don't splutter off, and if they can bring them all together and prove it works, it'll make or break the service. That's almost worth doing at any cost.

It just seems too good to be true for the current price, and a successful Ubi service at two or three dollars extra a month would be a great pilot to pitch for other publishers.

Gerdav

There's no way new games will be added day one, and so it's tough to judge a price. Ubi would get access to millions of people they wouldn't previously have access to, and that's really valuable. There's no competing Ubi service on Xbox either.

It also makes sense for Microsoft to take the hit on soaking up smaller competing services today. It's in their best interest to make sure these services don't splutter off, and if they can bring them all together and prove it works, it'll make or break the service. That's almost worth doing at any cost.

It just seems too good to be true for the current price, and a successful Ubi service at two or three dollars extra a month would be a great pilot to pitch for other publishers.

The most recent article that pushed this topic back up does not mention Ubisoft +, it’s just Ubisoft games coming to GP, it’s a big difference and if true more than likely just means select Ubisoft published games will be on GP for a set period as opposed to a EA Play style deal, this makes a lot more sense than Ubisoft + being inter grated into GP.

Mmnow

The most recent article that pushed this topic back up does not mention Ubisoft +, it’s just Ubisoft games coming to GP, it’s a big difference and if true more than likely just means select Ubisoft published games will be on GP for a set period as opposed to a EA Play style deal, this makes a lot more sense than Ubisoft + being inter grated into GP.
Ubi already have had games on Gamepass, although granted they've been few and far between.

I haven't seen that article, but I kinda can't believe it'd take this much effort to get a game or two on Gamepass when they were so quick to jump in bed with Stadia .

But, hell, without any more information it's not nearly impossible.

Top Bottom