• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft apologizes for showing "raised fist" in mobile game

Nico_D

Ubisoft has chosen what group of people they want to please. Unfortunately I'm not in that group and this is one more reason for me to be done with their new games. They have gotten progressively worse anyway.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
18tF6C7.jpg

so how is "BRING THE SYSTEM DOWN" a lie?

BLM wants to literally abolish police. they are burning cities and police stations. they have killed 30+ people. they want to replace the police and have "community policing". they are a terrorist organization.

i guess you can't go against Amazon and Shell oil and all the other giant companies that support BLM. that's just how powerful this terrorist group is.

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
Par for the course.. Remember Ubisoft on their knees about the furor over "the actual harm" being done by exposing LGTBQ players to the story of Alexios in a heterosexual relationship having a child..?

Last edited:

kiphalfton

In the future, all trailers will just be a video with an apology.
"Sorry for creating this game and story in advance. We at "insert company name" are aware that "insert people who could be offended" could be offended in the future by this product. Thank you."

Kind of like the Resident Evil 4 likeness disclaimer. Change some words around in the below disclaimer, and you're where we're at now.

"The characters and events depicted in this game are ficticious. Any similarity to actual persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental."

docbot

Banned
black lives matter is no terrorist organisation and of course it's out of line to use the black lives matter logo for a similiar organisation in a game that turns out to be a shadow puppet terrorist cell. this is conspiracy theory bullshit and really lazy af of ubisoft.

Shmunter

black lives matter is no terrorist organisation and of course it's out of line to use the black lives matter logo for a similiar organisation in a game that turns out to be a shadow puppet terrorist cell. this is conspiracy theory bullshit and really lazy af of ubisoft.
BLM appropriated the logo, just like the Marxist ideology. The only thing unique to BLM is the title.

Vanitymachine

Neo Member
I was playing Soldier of Fortune recently, don't ask why.
And the bad guys are a white supremacist group.
This is their logo.

Drr6uxj.jpg

it's almost like a raised fist is a universal symbol of violent domination or rebellion and not a sign of equality and unity....

Last edited:

Shubh_C63

We have already went past the point of no return.

What transpires these events? Do people have more free time than before? Have they made this PCness a hobby for themselves? or its just that they have the ability to speak now.

PresetError

Neophyte
We have already went past the point of no return.

What transpires these events? Do people have more free time than before? Have they made this PCness a hobby for themselves? or its just that they have the ability to speak now.

Morons have always existed but now they are more visible. The problem is they get attention and praise and that makes their stupidity more contagious and a desirable trait for sheeple.

Audiophile

Gold Member
I feel people have lost sight of actual problems. I clicked on that link and also trending was Adele being attacked for "appropriation" for wearing bantu knots and a Jamaican flag bra.

This antagonistic, over-sensitivity is going to drive more potentially redeemable people to bigotry and in to dark corners. It's just getting absurd at this point.

Last edited:
Top Bottom