• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft and Massive Entertainment announce open-world Star Wars game

NullZ3r0

Banned
I have a feeling, The Division 3 will be a Star Wars game. It won't be called "The Division", but it will be The Division.

whyman

Massive Games needs a massive overhaul to make this Star Wars game fun and playable.

They better not just copy pasta THE DIVISION onto Star Wars.
They went from making a awesome RTS on PC to making The Division. They will be fine making whatever this is.

jaysius

Banned
Yes, but what sucks is The Division IP is just getting started and finding its way and now its being shoved to the side for another *yawn* SW game. It will look real pretty but no interest at all.
The Division 1 was pretty good because it was novel, Division 2 was fucking atrocious because it was all recycled, had far too much P2W feel to it and too many of the worse MMO mechanics, was a huge step backwards.

CitizenZ

Banned
The Division 1 was pretty good because it was novel, Division 2 was fucking atrocious because it was all recycled, had far too much P2W feel to it and too many of the worse MMO mechanics, was a huge step backwards.

P2W? Its a PVE game except for the one mode Ive never, nor know of anyone that played. Ive recently went back and they made a lot of good changes, but its still too shallow and builds can become way OP even on legendary.

jaysius

Banned
P2W? Its a PVE game except for the one mode Ive never, nor know of anyone that played. Ive recently went back and they made a lot of good changes, but its still too shallow and builds can become way OP even on legendary.
Yup, Ubi has found ways to put all the shitty currency systems and artificial grinds into that game with their gimping of the loot RNG.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
UGH I never thought I'd say this but I'd rather have another EA game.....Division bored me to tears and open world? zero interest

Exentryk

You're gonna get an AC clone with SW paint, and it will sell gangbusters.
That would be pretty amazing actually. The Star Wars lore gives them so much better storytelling potential than the AC world, so it could end up being pretty neat! Let's see.

CitizenZ

Banned
Yup, Ubi has found ways to put all the shitty currency systems and artificial grinds into that game with their gimping of the loot RNG.

O i agree the drop rate is trash, especially when you play on Heroic or legendary run into those rouge agents(always fun fights) and dont get ANYTHING, not even green. thats pretty bad. but, you cant buy guys or anything so the P2W doesnt really exists. If anything the community is pretty cool.

Top Bottom