Twisted Metal being Developed by Firesprite MotorStorm Director takes lead

I remember back in the day, Jaffe used to talk about the secret sauce to TM being that the cars don't use realistic "car" physics: instead they're designed to go super fast, turn, and accelerate on a dime, almost as if they were fighter jets:

Guess Sony must've been listening, because if this is true, this basically means Twisted Metal will be made by the core team that made WipeOut, a series about futuristic fighter jets.

TLDR -- this might be a better fit for this developer than it looks!
Damn Twisted Metal footage on ps3 looks so bad ass. I forgot all about the ps3 game, I know it didn't turn out that great and i only played the demo and never bought the main game sadly as real life issues at the time got in the way.
Was it any good? It was online only wasn't it? (if so that would explain why i passed on it).
Oh and Jaffe looks llike 3 decades younger than he does now. Wtf... It feels like it was not too long ago.

They are going to fuck it up aren't they.... i really can't see this being done good unless they keep the original roster and make a single player mode.

Unknown?

Damn Twisted Metal footage on ps3 looks so bad ass. I forgot all about the ps3 game, I know it didn't turn out that great and i only played the demo and never bought the main game sadly as real life issues at the time got in the way.
Was it any good? It was online only wasn't it? (if so that would explain why i passed on it).
Oh and Jaffe looks llike 3 decades younger than he does now. Wtf... It feels like it was not too long ago.

They are going to fuck it up aren't they.... i really can't see this being done good unless they keep the original roster and make a single player mode.
There's a campaign it's just different from the old ones. The gameplay was best in the series, some were put off by only three stories and multiplayer being broken at launch and for a long time.

Yeah, i really hope its not F2P. Thats what ultimately kills my interest in multiversus not being able to just couch co-op and do story missions and stuff

I hate the fact that people are pushing the whole “if its not F2P its dead” thing for multiplayer titles. That doesn’t work for everything
Exactly. I wouldn't of never bought smash bros ultimate if it was online only. Or Mortal Kombat or a whole slew of other games. There has been countless games I play and think, wow this would be awesome if it had couch vs, co-op /split screen. I play single player or with guests at my house or with my gf, and sometimes go online for a match or two, but that's it.
Most of my time in games like smash has been unlocking characters and abilities in the single player campaign.

F2 play will always exclude local play as there is no money to be made and they only care about that. Get shrinks to analyize how can we extract funds from people and make them addicted to come back. Disgusting.

Top Bottom