• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

mittelos

I just need to hear Sycamore Trees and the FWWM theme again
Chrysta Bell did a cover of Sycamore Trees, maybe Tammy will be the next act to be welcomed to The Roadhouse stage!

Late to post my thoughts but what an awesome episode, I stood up with my hands in the air several times. So many great scenes.

I think Richard may still show back up, and speaking of that scene, my only dislike of the episode was Jerry fumbling with the binoculars, is he supposed to be "just that high"? Too over the top.

Bushnell, the Mitchums, Hutch/Chantal and the accountant, all so good. Diane a tulpa, as weird as she's been acting, never saw that coming.

NewDust

|OT2| So, you are Cooper

The only thing bittersweet about this episode is the loss of Dougie, or rather the end of Dougie's journey to becoming Cooper again.

Joqu

Chrysta Bell did a cover of Sycamore Trees, maybe Tammy will be the next act to be welcomed to The Roadhouse stage!

Yeah, uh... I don't like that cover in the slightest.

Regarding OT2, I think Sumio said he'd put that up again, hopefully he doesn't forget. :p
Not that it matters that much who does it.

... as long as they pick a good title

3rdman

Question: Was Tulpa Diane capable of knowing where her real self is? Is that the coordinates she sent via text?

Another question I had was how did Good Coop know to go to the Sheriff's station in TP but I just realized that he was told this in scene 1, episode 1 when he spoke to the fireman! Cool!

Oh...and my nominees for the next thread...

[OT2] The Next 25 Years...
Or
[OT2] Thank You Lynch & Frost!

|OT2| Sunday Gives Two Rides

2eIVQpX.gif

EdmondD

Clicked this expecting Sycamore Trees

I just need to hear Sycamore Trees and the FWWM theme again

Aaand I'll see youuu
And you'll see me

Sycamore Trees is really the best paired perfect with that godlike scene.
Yes.

Late to post my thoughts but what an awesome episode, I stood up with my hands in the air several times. So many great scenes.

I think Richard may still show back up, and speaking of that scene, my only dislike of the episode was Jerry fumbling with the binoculars, is he supposed to be "just that high"? Too over the top.

Bushnell, the Mitchums, Hutch/Chantal and the accountant, all so good. Diane a tulpa, as weird as she's been acting, never saw that coming.

No offense to the dozens of Chrysta Bell fans out there but that cover is horrible.

Imagine all this Audrey stuff taking place, except in the context of Annie never replacing Audrey in s2 as Coop's love interest. So she ended up being stabbed in the Lodge, and Cooper's question was "How's Audrey?"

Joqu

Hm, would it be appropriate if I were to put up OT2? Still a bit early? I did work on the original, so I just edited some stuff like the main banner, which was still using the old airing time.

I mean, I don't mind either way. I'd just like to send my stuff to someone else like Sumio if he does it though.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I wanna wait till we get the 20K posts and them some. I want mods to close us down!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I know down the line I'll read through this thread at least once to see the live reactions to the episodes when they were happening. Will be an interesting read, I'm sure.

mittelos

I think I've watched the Roadhouse scene about 5 times now, I love the Eddie Vedder song, the podcast someone posted earlier that talks specifically about the music is really good and the tidbits about how he wrote the song was cool. But dang, Audrey's Dance, sooo good. I love how the floor clears and everyone starts slowly swaying. And all my love to Sherilyn Fenn. There's a moment where she's dancing where she literally took me back 25 years- I was a senior in high school when the show first aired- Sherilyn/Audrey was always my favorite.

HotHamBoy

So a few things talked about previously.

-Reflections have been weird in this whole series, I don't take it as coincidence that Audrey was literally looking into a mirror at the end there.

-There's been weird scenes in the Roadhouse all season, them getting spooky at the end there was interesting to see though.

-Foggy memories, there's been people seeming to easily forget stuff in the scenes with random Twin Peaks people, looping conversations, people switching places in the diner, it's been weird.

-There's something going on with Billy and the rest of them having suddenly gone missing which is making some feel really 'off' about the world, curious how this comes into play.

-Audrey obviously has something wrong with her, that's been obvious but I even at this point don't know where it's going.

-I wonder how the 'disease' in Twin Peaks may or may not play into this?

Really, there's been a big mystery this whole season of what's up with Twin Peaks that's causing it to be... unnatural. Curious if we're actually going somewhere with this.

We are like the dreamer, who dreams and then lives inside the dream.

I don't know if the word had been mentioned before but when Diane gets killed Tammy says something like "that was a real Tulpa!" I immediately googled it and this is what I learned:

"A Tulpa is a thoughtform, or being created from the collective thoughts of separate individuals. The concept of Tulpas is theoretical in nature and originates from Tibetan mythology, where Tulpas are described as extra bodies that were created from one person's mind in order to travel to spiritual realms.

I'm probably LTTP with this but I just finished the ep and haven't had time to catch up on the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom