• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TUNIC |OT| Fox News

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
This game is W I L D.

Yeah it's fantastic dude, it's a real shame the combat didn't do it for me hot off the heels of playing both Death's Door and Elden Ring, but everything around it is a 10/10. Never seen a game quite like it. I remember being excited for this fucking thing when I was still in University as a "cute little Zeldalike with a fox".

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Rolled credits. I feel like this game was made for me. I might need a guide on some of this stuff but I’m going to try my best. The gold puzzle thing specifically. I know the numbers are pages but the only thing I see on 12 is a gold box. Is it up, left, up, right, down, right? Presumably then I go to the square right of 12 on the grid?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Rolled credits. I feel like this game was made for me. I might need a guide on some of this stuff but I’m going to try my best. The gold puzzle thing specifically. I know the numbers are pages but the only thing I see on 12 is a gold box. Is it up, left, up, right, down, right? Presumably then I go to the square right of 12 on the grid?
Figured it out. Gat damnit I love this game. Now to find the rest of the secrets.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
9Z0j1R1.png

Posted this over in the Steam Deck thread but I will repost here:
One of the greatest games I’ve ever played. I cheated on a few of the fairy puzzles and secret statue things after clearing the final boss. I figured out the golden path, which was the pinnacle for me. The water one had me screenshot & assemble in photoshop.

Got Earthbound vibes in the Monastery. FFVII in the Library. DS, Zelda obviously. Fez to the nth degree (another all time great IMO).

Combat got surprisingly engaging at the late game. I loved every boss fight. This cap was on desktop but I played 60-75% on the Deck.

I want more puzzle games like this. I’ll be following this dev for sure going forward.
11/10 for me.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Been wanting to play this for so long and just stumbled upon it last minute on the holiday PSN sale for $21. This game is NEVER on sale.

Excited to start. All the footage Ive seen gave me huge weird FEZ + OG Zelda vibes.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Been wanting to play this for so long and just stumbled upon it last minute on the holiday PSN sale for $21. This game is NEVER on sale.

Excited to start. All the footage Ive seen gave me huge weird FEZ + OG Zelda vibes.
Go blind as much as you can. This game rewards curiosity and ingenuity.

Top Bottom