• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tunic Gameplay Demo

Markio128

I myself prefer the subtle ost's. For example BotW. Bombastic shit annoys me to no end.
I’m more comparing this to earlier Zelda games, which all had a rousing score. When you are spending a lot more time in a world, such as BOTW, then a subtle score makes sense. Either way, the score for this game is rancid.

Mato

I thought the music is pretty good. I especially liked the forest track which somehow reminded me of DKC2. I do find the volume a little overpowering or maybe it's the long envelope tails and reverb. I'd like for the environmental and gameplay sounds to be more audible. The game plays better than I expected. Apparently this is the original demo that was revealed a while back so I assume everything is improved by now. Hopefully they remove the color burn filter or whatever it is, it looks tired and contrived. Maybe give us the option to tune it. The bloom too. Alas my faith is restored. It's been on my wishlist since it was revealed. I'd pretty much given up but my interest is rekindled.

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
The demo is gone? Can't find it in the steam page. Anyway, the game seems to have been developing, quite nicely, but I noticed a some very serious frame drops. Will keep a eye on it anyway.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I feel like this game has been development so long, it no longer looks very good.

MrS

Banned
Cat Quest wasn't bad, but I have much higher hopes for this than that. Hopefully, closer to Link's Awakening.
Yeah it was rather simplistic and samey. Hopefully there's a bit more to Tunic than that. Same vibe though. Looks very cool and I'd be day one if I had an Xbox. May well be day one if that xCloud stick launches before Tunic does.

Yeah it was rather simplistic and samey. Hopefully there's a bit more to Tunic than that. Same vibe though. Looks very cool and I'd be day one if I had an Xbox. May well be day one if that xCloud stick launches before Tunic does.

This looks like a high probability game for Switch later on. That's my guess, at least.

Reactions: MrS

RoboFu

One of the green rats
This is kind of what I’ve always imagined a old school Zelda have in 3D to look like.

Finished the demo on Switch. I like what I've seen so far. I wish the character would move a tad faster.

Also, the enemies don't pause when you're assigning weapons. This caused me issues, as I'd accidentally hit LB, and remove my sword or something and I'd get killed while trying to re-equip it.

Other than those minor complaints, the game is fun. Hopefully, we get a full release date soon.

Edit: Just re-read this post. No idea why I said I played this on Switch. I meant Series X.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Top Bottom