• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trying to find out which two games these are (Sega Genesis & Arcade)

Cutty Flam

Banned
Does anybody know the names to these two games? I sort of remember the gameplay vaguely but not a clue as to what the titles could be

1) I remember playing this game on the Sega Megadrive subscription. It was some game where you’re like a very small little space ship probably not much larger than three times this 🚀 size on screen and basically you ‘cut’ across the screen to literally cut out portions of hostile enemies until I’m pretty sure you basically cut out all the screen. Extremely fun game I remember playing as a kid

2) This game was one of those arcade car racer games in a game store I’d always walk over to to see the games. It was a very standard and simple racing game where you use a wheel and it was much like driving a real car but the cars and track were really small, the cars go slow and it was all about accuracy in your turning and cutting corners real close to ensure you’re ahead of the rest. This arcade game had a very catchy tune that plays when you start it up and select your car and race track. The look to this arcade machine was round, and maybe 4 feet tall and had like a bubble over it where you saw the screen and there were four wheels in case four people wanted to give it a try all at once

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Does anybody know the names to these two games? I sort of remember the gameplay vaguely but not a clue as to what the titles could be

1) I remember playing this game on the Sega Megadrive subscription. It was some game where you’re like a very small little space ship probably not much larger than three times this 🚀 size on screen and basically you ‘cut’ across the screen to literally cut out portions of hostile enemies until I’m pretty sure you basically cut out all the screen. Extremely fun game I remember playing as a kid

2) This game was one of those arcade car racer games in a game store I’d always walk over to to see the games. It was a very standard and simple racing game where you use a wheel and it was much like driving a real car but the cars and track were really small, the cars go slow and it was all about accuracy in your turning and cutting corners real close to ensure you’re ahead of the rest. This arcade game had a very catchy tune that plays when you start it up and select your car and race track. The look to this arcade machine was round, and maybe 4 feet tall and had like a bubble over it where you saw the screen and there were four wheels in case four people wanted to give it a try all at once
#2. Super Off Road or Super Sprint?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Maybe #2 is this?

1064954629.jpg

Cutty Flam

Banned
Solid work fellas this is it. Ultimate Qix. Such a simple concept. I don’t think I was even old enough to understand even a game as simple as this one when I played it at age 4 but damn was it fun regardless. Are there any modern games that follow this type of gameplay?

Maybe #2 is this?

1064954629.jpg
I think that might be it

Good look. That’s the one. And the little jingle is at 1:30

Last edited:
Top Bottom