• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trying to find a game from my childhood

Fools idol

Banned
My grandparents had fair few gaming systems when I was 5-7 years old but unfortunately lost to time and I genuinely don't remember what platform I played this one on so bare with me on that part.

All I remember is, it was played through my grandad's CRT monitor at the time (so could have been PC, commodore, maybe even MS DOS etc) and the game was very simple - Black screen with basic ass green pixel graphics. You played as a bomber pilot or something similar. The plane would start on the left of the screen and start moving along, and you had to drop bombs using the space bar to level the buildings. Each screen you cleared the buildings would get taller and your plane would move faster until you crashed.

That is literally it, I put hundreds of hours into this thing but never knew what it was called. My gramps would always launch it for me as I didn't know how it worked at the time, and would call it a variety of different things (bomber, flying game, stuff like that) anyone know what this could have been?

I think it was just called bomber. I can remember variants of it on PETS and c64 etc. I even wrote my own version of it on my spectrum 48. God I'm old.

Nah not the one, the graphics far too good LOL. It was litterally 1 dimensional, no backgrounds, just green pixels buildings.
Yup it was it sort of game that you coded in youself from a magazine lol. They used to just have pages of text in basic for people to copy. Green on black really sounds like a commodore pet version.

Fools idol

Banned
Yup it was it sort of game that you coded in youself from a magazine lol. They used to just have pages of text in basic for people to copy. Green on black really sounds like a commodore pet version.

ahhh interesting. Probably why I haven't been able to find it after all these years then.

Fools idol

Banned
OK.. think I found it , or at least a very similar version of it.

the colours of the buildings are notably different, but gameplay wise this is the one!

Last edited:

nkarafo

OK.. think I found it , or at least a very similar version of it.

the colours of the buildings are notably different, but gameplay wise this is the one!

You probably played a DOS version on monochrome or CGA graphics card. Or the monitor itself was monochrome. It's hard to tell with these old games.

pokel122

Neo Member
While we are at it, can someone find me the following game.

It's from 2000s 1990s i'd say maybe 2000-2005 pc game.

you play as a queen trying to free dragons and you can create villagers to help you.
I also remember an airballoon on the cover.
it's kind of like age of empires in some way.

chixdiggit

While we are at it, can someone find me the following game.

It's from 2000s 1990s i'd say maybe 2000-2005 pc game.

you play as a queen trying to free dragons and you can create villagers to help you.
I also remember an airballoon on the cover.
it's kind of like age of empires in some way.
Fortix?
SgsrOLt.jpg

pokel122

Neo Member

No, it had 3d models, and i think the main goal was to free the dragon and then you completed that area and move on to the next one.
I also remember you always start on an island. Every mission is a different island.

Last edited:
Top Bottom