• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Treyarch: Every gun in #BlackOpsColdWar is uniquely tuned via haptics on the DualSense controller on #PS5

ethomaz

Banned

That is really nice to see devs really taking use of the new controller.

Full quote:

"The DualSense controller is pretty awesome. It's got new haptic feedback so when you're pulling the trigger, it's shaking, every time a gun fires there is a little motor in there that's firing every time," Flame said. "There is sensitivity on the trigger that represents the trigger pressure on a real weapon. All of that has been tuned in the game for each individual weapon. So it's quite a lot to take in, but it's pretty awesome, and it gives the guns a feeling like they've never had before."

The good news here I think is they just need to use this code for successive games, so implementation in future titles doesn't need to take a lot more effort.

GenericUser

Super cool! I hope this trend continues, haptic feedback and adaptive triggers are really something I think I would enjoy. Unlike the touchpad shit and whatnot.

PerfectDark

Banned
Says every setting for cross gen is tuned for no competitive fair advantage. Hate to rag on this the haptic feed back on ps5 is cool but if you use that in a competitive game that will be a disadvantage.

Dogman

I'm hoping the PC version can detect the dualsense and provide the same features. Not getting a PS5 for a while but would love to pick up a dualsense to have the same features

MiguelItUp

Is it bad? I always had fun with CoD games.
The beta felt like COD from what I played. More guilty pleasure COD fun, at least enough to preorder.

I'm really curious to know how much of a difference it'll make and how noticeable it truly is. Could be pretty cool!

ethomaz

Banned
I'm hoping the PC version can detect the dualsense and provide the same features. Not getting a PS5 for a while but would love to pick up a dualsense to have the same features
If Sony not release a driver then it will take a time to PC coders to reverse engineer and build a driver... that happened with the touch pad of DS4 too.... it took a while to community make a driver.

Keihart

LMAO at people complaining

Last edited:
Top Bottom