• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trails of Cold Steel III Is Coming to Switch in Spring 2020

Mista

Banned
The-Legend-of-Heroes-Trails-of-Cold-Steel-III-Announcement-Trailer.jpg

Falcom and NIS America have announced that The Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel III will be launching in U.S and Europe on Nintendo Switch in Spring 2020. Falcom’s President Toshihiro Kondo revealed the info via an interview with Gamespot. The Switch version will also launch in Japan sometime after the western launch.

A demo will also be coming shortly before the game’s launch. The Switch version of Trails of Cold Steel III will be running in 720P, 30FPS, in both docked and portable mode. The Switch version will include all the DLCs from the PS4 version, mainly made of bonus costumes.

mejin

720p and 30fps is a hell of a downgrade, but the biggest problem is you really can't appreciate this game without playing at least the first two games of this arc.

Anyway, NisA kicked pc players hard this time. lol

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
Well I had the last two on Vita so this is the next best thing.

Daymos

The game looks ugly with bad animations so I think 720p and 30fps makes no difference... It's all about the story and characters.

This game + xenoblade1 (HD or whatever) starts my list of must-buys for 2020.

Last edited:

KàIRóS

Great, first Kingdom Hearts 3 in Xbox One and now Trails of Cold Steel 3 in Nintendo Switch, everyone loves getting into a franchise without playing the first entries right?

And even worse the poor Nintenbros are going to see the number 3 when it's actually the 8th entry in the Trails series and none of the other games are on Nintendo consoles.

The Trails/Kiseki series is my favorite JRPGs of all time. So good to hear.

I would love if they could release all the Sky games on one cart. FC, SC and 3rd all in one place on-the-go.

What you think?

brap

Banned
720p for this ugly looking game? Lmao.

Great, first Kingdom Hearts 3 in Xbox One and now Trails of Cold Steel 3 in Nintendo Switch, everyone loves getting into a franchise without playing the first entries right?
Apparently. Look at all the people drooling over the PS2 version of witcher 3.

What Ys fiasco?
Ys VIII for PC was plagued with multiple delays and still launched as a terrible port. Didn't help that XSEED, the previous license holder, actually tends to release PC versions that come with a bunch of improvements over the console versions. No idea how the game is now.

Ys VIII for PC was plagued with multiple delays and still launched as a terrible port. Didn't help that XSEED, the previous license holder, actually tends to release PC versions that come with a bunch of improvements over the console versions. No idea how the game is now.
I love XSEED. I don't have a say either way about NISA but XSeed always did a decent job of localzation.

MagnesG

Banned
So many triggered PC players, just be patient for 1-2 years bruh. This is literally an attempt to continue the portable legacy for this series, from PSP > Vita > Switch.

Either way XSEEED will be the one responsible if the 1 and 2 didn't come, since they owned the localization of those titles, but no effort whatsoever to release it.

And even worse the poor Nintenbros are going to see the number 3 when it's actually the 8th entry in the Trails series and none of the other games are on Nintendo consoles.
Nintendbros would play on other consoles too. Please don't gatekeeping the fanbase on an already niche franchise.

I myself played all of those on various platforms, spanning for years.

brap

Banned
Nintendbros would play on other consoles too. Please don't gatekeeping the fanbase on an already niche franchise.
You mean nintoddlers? And there's plenty of nintendo fans that only own nintendo consoles. Don't act like this is just something he made up. Switch owners are always fucking portbegging even more than pc users.

So many triggered PC players, just be patient for 1-2 years bruh.
Haha yeah just wait for years to play a game everybody already else is unlike switch owners that NEVER portbeg :pie_eyeroll:

MagnesG

Banned
You mean nintoddlers? And there's plenty of nintendo fans that only own nintendo consoles. Don't act like this is just something he made up. Switch owners are always fucking portbegging even more than pc users.

Haha yeah just wait for years to play a game everybody already else is unlike switch owners that NEVER portbeg :pie_eyeroll:
See, triggered much?

PC port is inevitable with how CS1 and CS2 fares. PC is the ultimate platform to play all those past titles, especially Crossbell games, and only CS3, CS4 are locked on PS4 for now, with localization in works. What's there to rage so much about?

Also Nintoddlers, damn. :messenger_grinning_sweat:
I'm not in any way refuting that point, I just want to make my case instead of speaking nonsense.

If what I hear about Sen IV is true (the full game isn't on disc) then I'd rather just wait for a GOG release and backup the full game on a drive.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Would love to see the first two also, but this is excellent news.

FStubbs

720p and 30fps is a hell of a downgrade, but the biggest problem is you really can't appreciate this game without playing at least the first two games of this arc.

Anyway, NisA kicked pc players hard this time. lol

Yeah, if XSeed still had the franchise I think we'd have a PC version. Actually, with NISA owning it now, I'm surprised there's even a Switch version.

Lots of DLC bad or "you literally shouldn't even bother playing this game without the DLC" bad?
No. As in the main game was too big to fit on disc so you have to download a portion of it as a day one patch, if what I hear is true.

Edit: day one patch is 10gb and the case says it requires internet.

Last edited:

Poppyseed

While cool, this seems like a series where you really should start at the first game.

I can't understand releasing this game without the others first. Seems like the previous games would be an awesome fit for the Switch, too.

KingT731

Yeah, if XSeed still had the franchise I think we'd have a PC version. Actually, with NISA owning it now, I'm surprised there's even a Switch version.
I would say the opposite. NIS LOVES the Switch and the fanbase in Japan complained that there wasn't a handheld release.

MagnesG

Banned
I can't understand releasing this game without the others first. Seems like the previous games would be an awesome fit for the Switch, too.
Blame XSeed. Even the Evo version of the past Kiseki games would sell moderately if ported.

FStubbs

No. As in the main game was too big to fit on disc so you have to download a portion of it as a day one patch, if what I hear is true.

Edit: day one patch is 10gb and the case says it requires internet.

That sounds weird. Games like Horizon Zero Dawn can fit on a disk but this can't?

That sounds weird. Games like Horizon Zero Dawn can fit on a disk but this can't?
I'm not sure but this is what I've heard. Apparently Sen 3 takes up about 40gb though and Sen 4 is an even bigger game so it's likely. And the first patch was confirmed to be 10gb and the retail box in Japan says Internet is required so take from that what you will.

FStubbs

I'm not sure but this is what I've heard. Apparently Sen 3 takes up about 40gb though and Sen 4 is an even bigger game so it's likely. And the first patch was confirmed to be 10gb and the retail box in Japan says Internet is required so take from that what you will.

Sounds like really bad optimization then.

Vawn

Banned

I guess some people just don't care. EA released only Mass Effect 3 on the Wii U.

I can't enjoy games like this that way. I NEED to play the previous entries. Watching a recap video isn't enough. I don't want to spend 5 minutes learning the first 2/3rds of a story then invest 50 hours on the final third.

Ma-Yuan

Damn I bought the PS4 version. Luckily I have no time to play it and can try again one day with the switch version^^

Top Bottom