• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Top Ten Must Have GBA RPGs

Wanted to drive-by post Golden Sun, but then inexplicably watched the video and saw it was given the top spot over FFVI.

I should really trust my instincts.

EDIT: Btw, could not disagree more about KH:COM. Save yourself the time and watch a video on YT instead.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Can anyone type up the list? I can't watch it at work.

GBA was a gold mine. It was basically a SNES 2 where we get a second golden age of pixel art games.

I still have all my games, but I don't have any easy way to play them. I think I have a Gamecube adapter. I need to see if I can buy a used GBA SP sometime.

There's also lots of great GBA games on Wii U eshop.

Drac84

I completely forgot there was a KH game on GBA.

Agree with Golden Sun at number one, really fond memories of playing that one in the back seat on long drives.

Banjo64

cumsessed

So many great RPGs released for the Game Boy Advance, so narrowing it down to 10 must have RPGs was a bit tough. Here are the top ten greatest GBA Role Playing games that should be in your collection!

Amen.

IxHAqcF.jpg

PhaseJump

Banned
Can anyone type up the list? I can't watch it at work.

GBA was a gold mine. It was basically a SNES 2 where we get a second golden age of pixel art games.

I still have all my games, but I don't have any easy way to play them. I think I have a Gamecube adapter. I need to see if I can buy a used GBA SP sometime.

There's also lots of great GBA games on Wii U eshop.

10 to 1

Riviera The Promised Land
Lunar Legend
Sword of Mana
Summon Night
M&L Supestar Saga
Fire Emblem Sacred Stones
Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories
Final Fantasy VI
Pokemon Emerald
Golden Sun

chaseroni

Wanted to drive-by post Golden Sun, but then inexplicably watched the video and saw it was given the top spot over FFVI.

I should really trust my instincts.

EDIT: Btw, could not disagree more about KH:COM. Save yourself the time and watch a video on YT instead.
Man I love Golden Sun and agree it should be number one but KH:COM wasn't that bad.
I feel like its a really high quality GBA title with great spritework and an interesting combat system.
I recently have been playing through the game again at HP lvl1 and it holds up nicely...I'm stuck on the last boss though that shit is hard with so little health.

Man I love Golden Sun and agree it should be number one but KH:COM wasn't that bad.
I feel like its a really high quality GBA title with great spritework and an interesting combat system.
I recently have been playing through the game again at HP lvl1 and it holds up nicely...I'm stuck on the last boss though that shit is hard with so little health.
But on the other hand...it's KH.

Quasicat

Love Golden Sun and it’s sequel. Sword of Mana was really good and reminds me of the Fzero games: something different, yet very similar to their SNES counterparts.

xrnzaaas

Golden Sun is by far the best one. Normally I don't play jRPG's, but I enjoyed this one even though I played it on an emulator (never owned the actual console).

Top Bottom