• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Top ten biggest video games companies by revenue

Bryank75

Banned
The video game industry as a whole marked yet another sales record last year, being now worth over 130 billion U.S. dollars. 2021’s Top 10 biggest video game brands are also largely the same as in the previous years. The following lists the Top 10 biggest video game companies 2021 in the world by the achieved gaming revenue last year.

31H3eq7.png

Is all of that from just games? Tencent does a ton of movie and other media business. This is probably why Sony is also so big. Microsoft and Nintendo aren't into movies (yet).

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Asking the real questions....

Terrible and shortsighted decision unless they had something bigger and better to replace them with. How do you grow with less content? How do you attract more people with less angles covered?

Thanks for bringing it up, I feel very strongly about that!
They did not get rid of Japan Studio, they restructured some departments. They still have Japan Studio Asobi that they are investing resources in.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
They did not get rid of Japan Studio, they restructured some departments. They still have Japan Studio Asobi that they are investing resources in.
I know that but my issue is that when you really look at it, PS only has 5 studios working on high end AAA games...

San Diego is making a multiplat in MLB, Mm doesn't make commercial stuff, London does VR mostly and now Japan is a one game studio.

It's just ND, SP, Insomniac, SMS, Guerrilla..... and Bend if you're generous but I don't consider them the same level yet.

reksveks

A quote from the article.

The company’s handheld video game console, the PlayStation Vita, contributed to Sony’s no.1 position on the video game market as well.

Hmmm anyone checked the numbers?

Bryank75

Banned
A quote from the article.

The company’s handheld video game console, the PlayStation Vita, contributed to Sony’s no.1 position on the video game market as well.

Hmmm anyone checked the numbers?
Looks right to me, just under 23 billion from PlayStation and then Mobile games.... Fate / Grand Order is the biggest mobile game I believe for revenue etc and is run through Sony music Japan. So, you'd expect it to hit around 25 billion with that and other mobile games etc.

Last edited:

reksveks

Looks right to me, just under 23 billion from PlayStation and then Mobile games.... Fate / Grand Order is the biggest mobile game I believe for revenue etc and is run through Sony music Japan.
Had a quick look and it looks right barring the possibility of netease missing

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
Yeah it's a big omission, there are probably others though too.
Old datas

I highly doubts Sega is above Ubisoft for instance. (many of those publishers should be in the top 10)

EGS was truly a great opportunity for Sega...

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Old datas

I highly doubts Sega is above Ubisoft for instance. (many of those publishers should be in the top 10)

EGS was truly a great opportunity for Sega...
Apparently Sega was even higher revenue than what it says.... and Ubisoft seems to be lower than I expected 1.77 Billion revenue.

Unexpected but true.

Bryank75

Banned
What happened to Ubi and Sega ?
A lot of people expected Ubisoft to be on the list... turns out their revenue was 1.77 billion. So they didn't make it.

While Sega, which is valued at less than a half of Ubisift actually had higher revenue and made it on.

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
A lot of people expected Ubisoft to be on the list... turns out their revenue was 1.77 billion. So they didn't make it.

While Sega, which is valued at less than a half of Ubisift actually had higher revenue and made it on.
Well, I meant, did Ubi Franchises bomb ?

As for Sega, I guess Football manager did great so as Persona 4 Golden, Persona 5 Royal, Yakuza and all the paid deals from EGS, Stadia/Luna/Gamepass (they are easy new sources of revenues for Sega)

Top Bottom