• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Top 15 NEW Games of 2023 [First Half]

LectureMaster

Gold Member

15 Atomic Heart Platform : PC PS4 PS5 Xbox One XSX|S Release Date : February 21, 2023

14 Dead Space Remake Platform : PC PS5 XSX|S Release Date : January 27, 2023

13 Hogwarts Legacy Platform : (PC PS5 XSX|S February 10, 2023) (PS4 Xbox One April 04, 2023) Release Date : Switch 25 July 2023

12 Forspoken Platform : PC PS5 Release Date : January 24, 2023

11 Sons of the Forest Platform : PC Release Date : February 23, 2023

10 Street Fighter 6 Platform : PC PS4 PS5 XSX|S Release Date : June 2, 2023

9 Diablo IV Platform : PC PS4 PS5 Xbox One XSX|S Release Date : June 6, 2023

8 Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Platform : PC PS4 PS5 Xbox One XSX|S Release Date : March 3, 2023

7- Company of Heroes 3 Platform : PC February 23, 2023 Release Date : PS5 XSX|S 2023

6- Resident Evil 4 Remake Platform : PC PS4 PS5 XSX|S Release Date : March 24, 2023

5- Dead Island 2 Platform : PC PS4 PS5 Xbox One XSX|S Release Date : April 28, 2023

4- Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League Platform : PC PS5 XSX|S Release Date : May 26, 2023

3 Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Platform : PC PS5 XSX|S Release Date : March 17, 2023

2 Final Fantasy XVI Platform : PS5 Release Date : June 22, 2023

1 The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Platform : Switch Release Date : May 12, 2023

Crazy year just only for the first half, it's gonna be hard for me to squeeze that much of play time 2023.

Zelda, RE4make, and FFXVI in the first half… backlog am cry with all the time I’m going to spend on these. And Fire Emblem: Engage which isn’t on the list but due out in January. And 2nd half won’t be a lot better with Silksong, FFVII Rebirth, and who knows what else at this point.

Sea of Stars, Metroid Prime, Advance Wars remake, and who knows what else is announced. Not including those surprise hits, it’s already a super packed year.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Putting Forspoken in but no Like a Dragon: Ishin?

New York Yankees Reaction GIF by MLB

ikbalCO

Insane first half.

Already preordered hogwarts legacy.

Will be gettin remake 4 at launch.

Have to buy switch again for zelda if there is no pro version since i sold mine 2 years ago.

Wait for discount on jedi survivor.

Zuzu

Some amazing games coming! Just bought a PS5 and one of the reasons is so I can play FF16

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
15 Atomic Heart Platform : PC PS4 PS5 Xbox One XSX|S Release Date : February 21, 2023
14 Dead Space Remake Platform : PC PS5 XSX|S Release Date : January 27, 2023
13 Hogwarts Legacy Platform : (PC PS5 XSX|S February 10, 2023) (PS4 Xbox One April 04, 2023) Release Date : Switch 25 July 2023
12 Forspoken Platform : PC PS5 Release Date : January 24, 2023

11 Sons of the Forest Platform : PC Release Date : February 23, 2023
10 Street Fighter 6 Platform : PC PS4 PS5 XSX|S Release Date : June 2, 2023
9 Diablo IV Platform : PC PS4 PS5 Xbox One XSX|S Release Date : June 6, 2023
8 Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Platform : PC PS4 PS5 Xbox One XSX|S Release Date : March 3, 2023
7- Company of Heroes 3 Platform : PC February 23, 2023 Release Date : PS5 XSX|S 2023
6- Resident Evil 4 Remake Platform : PC PS4 PS5 XSX|S Release Date : March 24, 2023
5- Dead Island 2 Platform : PC PS4 PS5 Xbox One XSX|S Release Date : April 28, 2023
4- Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League Platform : PC PS5 XSX|S Release Date : May 26, 2023
3 Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Platform : PC PS5 XSX|S Release Date : March 17, 2023
2 Final Fantasy XVI Platform : PS5 Release Date : June 22, 2023

1 The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Platform : Switch Release Date : May 12, 2023

Bold one is the one that I would purchase, my wallet will be hurting really bad...

I pre-ordered this week:
  • Fire Emblem Engage
  • Wanted: Dead
  • Octopath Traveler 2
Throw in whatever is on Gamepass. Notably Wo Long in March, Atomic Heart in Feb.

Diablo IV and Resident Evil 4 I am definitely getting, but not sure if I need them right at launch. Then Zelda is a day 1 in May. Buying whatever collector's edition they put out as soon as it's available. Street Fighter 6 I will get on a deep, deep sale or after they start with the re-releases. Jedi Survivor waiting for a sale or GP.

Last edited:

Kvally

Banned
  • Atomic Heart Platform : PC PS4 PS5 Xbox One XSX|S Release Date : February 21, 2023
  • Hogwarts Legacy Platform : (PC PS5 XSX|S February 10, 2023) (PS4 Xbox One April 04, 2023) Release Date : Switch 25 July 2023
  • Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Platform : PC PS4 PS5 Xbox One XSX|S Release Date : March 3, 2023
  • Dead Island 2 Platform : PC PS4 PS5 Xbox One XSX|S Release Date : April 28, 2023
  • Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Platform : PC PS5 XSX|S Release Date : March 17, 2023
From your list, plus: Forza Motorsport, Starfield and Redfall for me for the first half of 2023.

For me:

1. The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
  2. Final Fantasy XVI
  3. Hogwarts Legacy
  4. Starfield
  5. Fire Emblem: Engage
  6. Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
  7. Octopath Traveler 2
  8. Granblue Fantasy Relink
  9. Hollow Knight: Silk Song
  10. Haunted Chocolatier
  11. My Time at Sandrock
  12. Redfall
  13. Eiyuden Chronicles Hundred Heroes
  14. Resident Evil 4 Remake
  15. Sea of Stars

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
That is a mad first half of the year.

I officially dont have enough time to get through all the games I want to get through.
Im gonna have to do some hard hustle to get through just that list.
Im probably gonna have to abandon Atomic Heart and Sons of the forest.
I really want to go through Company of Heroes 3 but I dont know if ive got time for RTS games anymore either.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Consoles have 4 year stretches of AAA games than they flirt with new consoles, Zelda botw 2 will be switch at its peak.

yazenov

From that list, the games that I am interested in are the following, and the only limiting factor for me is time or the lack of it. :messenger_grinning:

Hogwarts Legacy
Forspoken
Street Fighter 6
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty
Resident Evil 4 Remake
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League
Final Fantasy XVI
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
A remake should never be on a list like this. OP, delete #14 and replace it with Minecraft Legends immediately!!

G-Bus

Banned
Didn't know rock steady was doing that suicide squad game. Definitely on my radar along with atomic heart and a few others.

Its becoming increasingly hard to justify buying any new games while being subbed to ps+ and having a decently sized backlog of games with not nearly enough time to play.

Woopah

List is great and there's even more great games that aren't on the list (Octopath 2 and Silksong). 2023 shaping up really really well.

Alpha Male

I had no idea that Company of Heroes was coming to console?! Nice to get both this and Age of Empires on console after so many years.

These are the games I'm really anticipating...I'm assuming all of these are first half of the year releases:

Starfield
Forza
Jedi Survivor
Hogwarts
Diablo
Zelda
Age of Empires
Redfall
Fire Emblem

Taking a wait and see approach for Forspoken

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

With the new year fast approaching and many new game releases on the horizon, it’s time to look ahead at some of the biggest upcoming games of 2023. From Starfield coming to Xbox Series X|S and PC, to Spider-Man 2 releasing on PlayStation 5, and Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom coming to Nintendo Switch, there's LITERALLY something for everyone! So strap in and let's find out what's in store for us in 2023!

nordique

Zelda and FF7 rebirth are my only two day 1 games

But I’m interested in many games Inc re4 remake

Last edited:

Roberts

Was thinking of devoting my free time to minimise the ridiculously long movie backlog (I will start with Arrow's Shawscope: Volume Two boxset) but who am I kidding. Let's see what drops on GP this month and will probably grab Dead Space.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

2023 is looking absolutely packed, and though you can never rule out the possibility of further delays, as things stand right now, it looks like the next 12 months are going to see a whole bevy of major, exciting new releases. Here, we're going to take a look at a bunch that have piqued our interest.

For the purposes of this feature, we're only looking at games that have confirmed 2023 release dates or windows. Also keep in mind that this isn't an exhaustive list by any means, so if you notice any omissions, let us know via your comments.

Lol, they already assuming that Starfield gets delayed.

And props to them for including Sons of the Forest.

Edit: Ah, only games with exact release dates are included.

Last edited:
Top Bottom