• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2

Tesseract

Banned
tk1p88n.gif

MiguelItUp

Available on EGS now! Downloading! But for whatever reason in my library there's also "Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1&2 Pre-Purchase" that isn't available until tomorrow. At first I was like, "WTF?!" because right when I opened EGS it said it was available now. Haha, I was about to rage!

Forgot this was releasing. Bought and used that coupon I had for epic. I spent way too much time on THPS back in the day.

And already in game. Thank you Fios 500/500.

Omg this intro. My childhood returns!

Last edited:

it's damn fun, love the lighting

competitive multiplayer is great --> fast matchmaking, respectable netcode, good players

grats to the team

Been playing since my last post. Man old age has taken my skills lol. Currently doing split screen with my kid. Pretty fun overall.

My one complaint, and it’s a silly one. When you fill that special meter, the volume amplifies so hard. I have a pretty beefy system and I’m listening pretty loud for the genera game but damn that volume and bass boost is a bit much lol.

xBlueStonex

I've literally had a smile on my face the entire two hours I've played thus far. The gameplay, unlike the horrendous 2012 remake, is pitch perfect with the original games. I can't tell you how good it feels - it's scratching an itch I've literally had since THUG 2 Remix back on the PSP. The graphics, the multiplayer, music, the challenge hub, the customization, etc. Possibly the best remaster I've played up to this point.

Last edited:
Sooooooo tempted. Didn't think I was and then watched a damn review and now I think I need it.

I played so much of all the Tony Hawks back in the day and think I need to see if I've still got it. £40 is a bit rich but still, I might bite.

On the fence. I played 2, but I don't really remember it nor do I have that much nostalgia for it.

3, on the other hand was my jam. Played the fuck out of it.

What about the music, is it still the same old punk guitar noise? Can't skate without guitar music it seems... I hate guitars.

drganon

Demo was awesome. I played it over the last few days and it played just like how I remembered the classic tony hawk games. Cant wait to play it once my slow ass internet downloads it.

Ok so I caved. Remembered that I have a £10 voucher with epic and that sealed the deal.

Really pumped to put a few hours in this evening, gonna be interesting to see just how much I remember (or not). I'm expecting my first combo to touch a milli lol.

With this and MSFS I feel set for a good few weeks. Seems like a good combo of classic videogame high score gameplay and chill sim times.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
This is a very noob question, because I haven't played THPS in 10+ years - why can't I activate some specials (the ones from the moves list)? I have the special bar filled up, I press the button combination when I'm in the air and nothing happens.

I didn't have that problem in the tutorial... is it because my character needs to earn more skill points?

Last edited:

Daffy Duck

Picked this up in a nostalgia whim and only played the tutorial and the warehouse but my god does it:

a) Hit me in the feels of being young and playing my mate into the wee hours of the morning just smashing tricks left right and centre then passing the pad over and having him try to beat my score, rinse and repeat for hours
B) make me feel old because I can’t sting anything together lol, just managed the 50,000 score on the warehouse as I landed my 900 with 1 second to spare

Absolutely loving it, it transports me back to when life was simpler

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Wow, booted it up and scored a 170,000 in one combi and 436,000 final score and collected everything on the warehouse.
Feels like home😁

So quickly booted this up in ten mins I had spare and I'm only getting 40-50 fps with everything on max. I'm running a 1660ti GPU so I expected more to be honest. It doesn't look that graphically intensive.

Should I be getting more or is it just poorly optimized?

In a cruel twist of fate, after cancelling my order with Amazon for fear they'd be late on delivery, I switched to The Game Collection who have now fucked up my delivery. Excuse me, I must now visit their website and silently, though angrily shake my fist at the screen for a few minutes. Cunts.

Tesseract

Banned
So quickly booted this up in ten mins I had spare and I'm only getting 40-50 fps with everything on max. I'm running a 1660ti GPU so I expected more to be honest. It doesn't look that graphically intensive.

Should I be getting more or is it just poorly optimized?
drivers updated?

R6Rider

Gold Member
Fucking Amazon screwed up my order again. I got an approval needed message today. New estimated delivery is between October 2nd and November 1st. They've done this a lot this past year.

I guarantee this will happen for Cyberpunk as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom