• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tonic Games Group, Makers of 'Fall Guys', Joins Epic Games

Astorian

We are thrilled to announce that Tonic Games Group is joining the Epic Games family. Tonic Games is the development company behind the hit sensation, Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout.
“At Tonic Games Group we often say that ‘everyone deserves a game that feels like it was made for them.’ With Epic, we feel like we have found a home that was made for us. They share our mission to build and support games that have a positive impact, empower others and stand the test of time and we couldn’t be more excited to be joining forces with their team.” - Dave Bailey, Tonic Games Group Co-Founder and CEO.

“It’s no secret that Epic is invested in building the metaverse and Tonic Games shares this goal. As Epic works to build this virtual future, we need great creative talent who know how to build powerful games, content and experiences.” - Tim Sweeney, Epic Games Founder and CEO.

MiguelItUp

Well, good for them. I think it's a smart move on their part. Fall Guys was REALLY hot for a minute, but the popularity wore off pretty fast. But I know it's still doing decently. Just always cool to see smaller folks get noticed.

Chupanibre

UQpEdFq.gif

Epic Games is getting into a habit of buying developers. We'll see who else they'll pick up later down the road. Industry consolidation is heating up, boys.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Fall Guys was a fun, but clearly shallow game concept. The fact that they tried to stretch it out with long, boring seasons was hilarious. No matter how many annoying ass memes their bobble-headed community manager posted, people moved on to other things before the first season even ended.

K0kj4PT.jpg

It needs a boost/refresh of some sort, the same type of boost Fortnite was able to get when adding other game modes.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
I hated Fall Guys on PC, I hated it on PS4, and if Epic wants to buy boring IP that is hemorrhaging players, more power to them.

We all know how this ends, though. Get ready for FALL GUYS EVENT NOW LIVE IN FORTNITE!!!1!!! RARE FALL GUYS HAT NOW AVAILABLE!!11!!! about 6 months before the studio is quietly shut down and absorbed into the Fortnite team(s).

Holammer

Fall Guys was a genuine phenomena, sold a ton and then it fell off a fucking cliff, today it struggles [and fails] to get on Steam's top 100. None of the season stuff managed to get it trending again.
I predict Epic's acquisition will follow the Rocket League model, they remove the store page on Steam, make it F2P on EGS and require an Epic account for existing Steam owners in an effort to drive more users to their ecosystem.

Last edited:
Top Bottom