• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomonobu Itagaki excited about Unreal Engine 5

Aggelos

HOubn7d.jpg

Kikorin

Really hope someone hire him and give him a good team to develop something. I know Devil's Third has been destroyed by pretty much everyone, but I enjoyed the game a lot, especially in multiplayer where it shown lot of interesting concept and ideas, even if technically was a mess, probably because of the infinite development cycle.

Aggelos

Really hope someone hire him and give him a good team to develop something. I know Devil's Third has been destroyed by pretty much everyone, but I enjoyed the game a lot, especially in multiplayer where it shown lot of interesting concept and ideas, even if technically was a mess, probably because of the infinite development cycle.

He has his own company.

10MHhfu.jpg

EfgmuBk.jpg

LordKasual

Banned
If i've learned anything over the years

game developers who make a big deal of themselves (or try to bank their reputation off their own history) are game developers who are losing their edge.

Kojima, Itagaki, Inafune, ect

TTOOLL

Microsoft Edge tracking protection won't let me see the content. I just know it's from Facebook. Nice.

Aggelos

Microsoft Edge tracking protection won't let me see the content. I just know it's from Facebook. Nice.

Ya, ostensibly Itagaki is more fond of Facebook. He doesn't seem to have any twitter account.
w8z05sc.jpg

I guess his new game might/should be using Unreal Engine 4, since it has grown ever so popular among JP developers these days.
Besides for Devil's Third, they went down with UE3.

Last edited:
edit:
I calmed down after posting here but still would like to question whether a "hey a new version of Unreal Engine is coming" from person X is really worth a thread. Couldn't this be handled in one of the 7 UE5 Threads?

Last edited:

I actually hear the game is not bad at all but got trashed for some weird reason. It wouldn't be the first time our dearly beloved game critics misjudged a decent game.

Last edited:
edit:
I calmed down after posting here but still would like to question whether a "hey a new version of Unreal Engine is coming" from person X is really worth a thread. Couldn't this be handled in one of the 7 UE5 Threads?
My favorite dev of all time. Yes, it's worth a thread. Not sure why you'd care.

Enjay

Banned
edit:
I'm taking it as a warning. I'm expecting a kickstarter from itagaki any day now.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
edit:
It's a refreshing change from the weekly "X developer you've never heard of got a new job!" threads. At least I know who Itagaki is, even if he is an over rated hasbeen.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Nintendo did that and he delivered Devil's Third.......
Nintendo picked up the pieces from what THQ and others left over. I dunno if they gave him money though. Also Devil's Third was trashy but fun, I've played it and beaten it. It's no Ninja Gaiden but he can definitely do better if someone can secure him and hold him down.

Top Bottom