• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider 2 Fan made Remake (dagger of xian) looks so beautiful on RTX 3090 (4K)

faisalasif

Well, I recently build up my new gaming PC with RTX 3090. I decided to play this Tomb Raider 2 Fan-made Remake. The gaming looks so beautiful when you play the game at max settings and in 4K. I was amazed to see such a small developer could make this type of remake demo. I would highly recommend playing this demo if you have some good graphic card. Due to youtube compression, the demo might not look that much impressive on your screen but trust me it really has some ultra-high graphics.

Tomb Raider 2 Remake (PC) 4K 60FPS Gameplay on RTX 3090​

Let me know your thoughts on this demo.

Last edited:

Elios83

This is a few years old, right?
Did the whole remake ever come out?
No unfortunately although the author (Nicobass) shared something about Croft Manor and Venice but nothing was released.
Don't know if he's still working on the project and wants/can release more stuff without incurring in legal issues with SE.

I think that demo ends after you descend down that center circular opening, and a little further if my memory serves me right?

Has this team or single developer progressed past that section in development or is there no more news about this project?

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Oh look, a game remake thread were the game ACTUALLY needs to be remade. Tried playing TR II again in the early 2010s but rough wouldn't be a good enough word to describe it.

Fredrik

I played this years ago, not for the modern audience but to me it looks gorgeous and I like the old style exploration, very very nice 👍

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Lol.
It's the same demo that was posted a few years ago and the fact that it's running on an 3090 dosent change the graphics (and that demo can be maxed out with a 2070 with no problem). Also I've made this thread with more details and updated in April of this year:

Nicobass, the creator, is doing an awesome job.

Well, I recently build up my new gaming PC with RTX 3090. I decided to play this Tomb Raider 2 Fan-made Remake. The gaming looks so beautiful when you play the game at max settings and in 4K. I was amazed to see such a small developer could make this type of remake demo. I would highly recommend playing this demo if you have some good graphic card. Due to youtube compression, the demo might not look that much impressive on your screen but trust me it really has some ultra-high graphics.

Tomb Raider 2 Remake (PC) 4K 60FPS Gameplay on RTX 3090​

love-cowboy.gif

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Isa

Orta

Banned
That demo I think came out in August 2017 and very little since. Safe to say the project is dead. Shame because it could have been a fantastic TR experience :messenger_pensive:

Top Bottom