• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson: Twisted Metal Revival in 2023

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

angry u mad GIF by Mayfly

Paulxo87

Please. I have been playing these games for over 20+ years. I was also one of the top ranked TM Black players on earth and used to play against some of the creators of the game.

All they need to do is remaster tm2+black and include online play. No new game is wanted and or necessary. The end

The last one would have been amazing had the devs been competent in terms of the online play. I don’t remember a big release ever having such shitty and unplayable online play and bugs that literally never got fixed. And the game was made to be played online.

ElCasual

I remenber that TM is gonna have A TV show or movie, if that is true make sense. Like Last of us HBO/remake

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Please. I have been playing these games for over 20+ years. I was also one of the top ranked TM Black players on earth and used to play against some of the creators of the game.

All they need to do is remaster tm2+black and include online play. No new game is wanted and or necessary. The end

Well, since you were one of the best players of this 20 year old game, we'd better do this then. I mean you were the best right? What is this, the gaming version of cobra Kai?

That said I actually agree with you.......

KAL2006

Banned
Pleae go back to Twisted Metal 2 and Head On style. I wasnt a fan when they went all dark with Black. In fact just remake 2 with new mechanics, if like to see the levels from 2 and have the world tour theme again. To make it wider appealing have some guest characters from PlayStation franchises. Ratchet and Clank on a Skyburt, Helghast in a Helghan Tank, Nathan Drake in the Keep, Deacon on a Motorbike, Jak and Daxter on a Buggy, Wipeout ship and etc

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Twisted Metal for PS3 is one of my favorite games so i hope we will get something new.

Please be true!

anthraticus

Banned

Come on. If it was actually good, you know you'd want it. It's just in todays AAA climate, you know there's very little chance of that happening.

kyliethicc

Jaffe said in a stream yesterday he doubts this is really happening.

- No one has talked to him about it, unlike the TV show
- Europeans don't like Twisted Metal (Hulst & Ryan are European)
- Destruction Allstars didn't do well, so why try another car combat game?

Last edited:
Jaffe said in a stream yesterday he doubts this is really happening.

- No one has talked to him about it, unlike the TV show
- Europeans don't like Twisted Metal (Hulst & Ryan are European)
- Destruction Allstars didn't do well, so why try another car combat game?

Europeans don't like TM? Thats is the stupidest take I heard about this game. EVERYONE in Europe was playing TM on their PS1 just as they were Wipeout. Jaffe is just washed up old fart now spewing nonsense. He just doesn't want someone else to make it but hime but he doesn't own the IP, SONY does and they can pass it around to anyone they see fit.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Just give me a Twisted Metal 2 HD Remix with online play for $24.99 and ill be good to go.
I could be convinced to pay $70 for Twisted Metal 1, 2 and Black HD Collection. As much as I hate the idea of $70 day 1 that could get a sale from me.

Unknown?

Europeans don't like TM? Thats is the stupidest take I heard about this game. EVERYONE in Europe was playing TM on their PS1 just as they were Wipeout. Jaffe is just washed up old fart now spewing nonsense. He just doesn't want someone else to make it but hime but he doesn't own the IP, SONY does and they can pass it around to anyone they see fit.
He's right though. It didn't sell well in Europe.

My biggest memory of Twisted Metal strangely is watching the clip on the launch day PS1 demo disc. The game looked so cool.

The actual game was really good too. But, I still mostly remember seeing the initial concept and gameplay and thinking how cool this new 3D generation would be.

Top Bottom