• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson leaked some gta 6 info

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
The game is set in modern day and the primary reason behind it is GTA: Online. Rockstar wants to be able to have much as freedom as they can in GTA Online DLCs.

Map is Vice City and isn't going to be that big BUT the map will be expanding(New Locations being added) and changing (Tom Compares it with the changes Fortnite map goes through every new season) through the years with the help of DLCs.

Game's still in very early stages of development

Multiple protagonists with one being female

The female one is going to be the bright one in the group and be responsible for the technical stuff like hacking etc

Tom believes that the game will release around 2024-2025 with the reasons being:

1. Rockstar is heavily focusing on employee-well being
  2. Since the game will be Current Gen/PC only, Rockstar wants to wait for when current gen consoles have sold a lot of units so they can maximize sales.
  3. GTA 5 is still making money for them
Cryto will play a part in the game

NeoGiffer

Ah yes Tom Henderson, the most reliable "leaker".

868b2d31274a0e9d020eae0062b1e51e.gif

None of that information is "new".

I don't believe we will get GTA 6 until the end of this new console's life cycle and the reason I think this is because:

1. Rockstar is releasing a "next-gen' version of GTA 5, they would not have wasted resources to update GTA 5 if they planned to release GTA 6 soon.
2. They don't want to negatively impact the money they are making from GTA 5 right now. Releasing GTA 6 would mean they are moving on from GTA 5 which has built up a massive player base.

If I am wrong and if rockstar plans to release the game soon it will not be a next gen exclusive game, it will definitely be cross gen.

Last edited:

theHFIC

I can't see them making an entire game that takes places in a modern day Vice City. Modern day Florida region is devoid of any unique culture or design aesthetics compared to how it was in the 80's Vice era.

Unless one of the playable characters is Pitbull (Mister Worldwide), then I will be watching closely. Compared to New York or California from the previous locations, A modern day Vice City GTA is better suited for a mobile title or DLC pack.

Development times are becoming outrageous. We'll get GTA 7 and Elder Scrolls VII circa 2045 at this rate.
Yup

As games become more ambitious, they also become more complex to make plus gamers have higher expectations now = Longer planning and development time.

The only reason we got so many GTA games back in the day was because they had to keep releasing new games to make the money they wanted to make each year. Now they have created recurring revenue with GTA online which is why we have not seen a new GTA game in 7 years.

GymWolf

Thank god is still in early development, if there is a game that really don't deserve being rushed is fucking gta6.

Gimme this bitch at the end of the gen like rdr2.

dukeoflegs

This feels like old leaked info, like I've seen it posted before from 4chan or somewhere else?

Last edited:
Thank god is still in early development, if there is a game that really don't deserve being rushed is fucking gta6.

Gimme this bitch at the end of the gen like rdr2.

This is the dumbest fucking thing I've ever read.

So you want Rockstar to make one big game every 10 years?

GTA 6 should be out end of '23 at the latest. Fucking lame of Rockstar if it takes any longer. They have the money and resource.

assurdum

Banned
Tom believes that the game will release around 2024-2025 with the reasons being:

1. Rockstar is heavily focusing on employee-well being
  2. Since the game will be Current Gen/PC only, Rockstar wants to wait for when current gen consoles have sold a lot of units so they can maximize sales.
  3. GTA 5 is still making money for them
Cryto will play a part in the game

are you serious hip hop GIF by WE tv

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Still in early days of development? wat?
That actually makes this leak very credible. ;)

Map is Vice City and isn't going to be that big BUT the map will be expanding(New Locations being added) and changing (Tom Compares it with the changes Fortnite map goes through every new season) through the years with the help of DLCs.
But the changes will be available in singleplayer campaign, right? RIGHT?

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Early stages of developement?
I was hoping they were spending that GTA money right and were spending years developing a mega deep GTA game. A genre and generation defining game, with deeply interactive world and A.I/NPC’s etc.

But if its early stages and they want to release mid generation then thats not gonna be the case

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
All these studios are becoming so unproductive. GG and Nintendo taking 5 years to make sequels to Horizon and BoTW. Rocksteady hasnt made a game since 2015. We havent gotten a new GTA game in 8 years. An entire gen has gone by.

I miss the days when we would get a new game every 2-3 years. I say bring back crunch lmao. A few failed marriages is a small price to pay for two GTAs and 1 RDR game in a gen.

GinSama

Funny that all the rumours from gtaVI is not make me any confident about the game. Almost all the rumours are about gta going in a online direction. Fair play since they are making loads of money from online, but for me it’s sucks.

All these studios are becoming so unproductive. GG and Nintendo taking 5 years to make sequels to Horizon and BoTW. Rocksteady hasnt made a game since 2015. We havent gotten a new GTA game in 8 years. An entire gen has gone by.

I miss the days when we would get a new game every 2-3 years. I say bring back crunch lmao. A few failed marriages is a small price to pay for two GTAs and 1 RDR game in a gen.
It's not a problem of productivity or lack of effort. Rockstar devs aren't sitting around twiddling their thumbs. It's just that they've realized that releasing a new GTA game every 10 years and then milking players with online content and microtransactions is significantly more profitable than releasing three separate entries in the same timespan.

junguler

Banned
the novelty of multiple protagonists has worn off imo, i rather they focus on one protagonist and actually let us somewhat decide the outcome of the story. but at this point gta is so many things to so many people there is no pleasing everyone.

This is no new info.

Nothing here is substantially new.

- It's been rumored to be in Vice City, even rumored to be present day to coincide with GTA Online and possibly take planes to GTA3 world if/when they remaster that.
- Female protagonist has been rumored many times and even hinted at by Rockstar. So hardly something new.
- The female being the hacker of the group or smartest is the only "new" thing but even then there has been rumors of GTA6 focusing on hacking and more internet culture in standard Rockstar style.

Time will tell.

Top Bottom