• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson leaked some gta 6 info

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
He is on my shitlist ever since the stunts he pulled with BF6. He said 90% chance for BF6 being nextgen only.

He knows nothing imo. He is just trying to get E-fame.

Hopefully you are right. Can't wait until 2024.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
This sounds like garden variety speculation.

What makes me doubt it is suggesting that GTA 6 is still in very early development. Rockstar has barely touched Red Dead Online, and only makes halfhearted DLC for GTA Online, all while still having large studios. They've definitely been working on something substantial all these years, and I would guess it has been GTA 6 and a new Online - because the current Online felt dated when it released seven or eight years ago. No way they're going to stick with that slow, crippled mess.

Solarstrike

No way game is set in current time. Current time is too boring on the crime side (for a video game i think it is). The worst crime(s) are the scalpers selling XBOX Series X, PS5's, AMD and Nvidia RTX cards for outrageous prices and nothings being done about it. Yeah, occasionally you have your homemade submarine packed to the gills with happy dust confiscated by the Coast Guard/DEA. But it's nothing like it was in the mid-late 1970s to mid 1980's. From, Vegas to Chicago, New York to Miami, Afghanistan to U.S.S.R, it was a crazy time always something in the newspapers about some nefarious activities. Plenty of stories to tell out there.

Last edited:

Warablo

Staying modern seems about right. Especially if they want to get GTA Online money.

They really sucked on the RDR online.

Last edited:

NeoGiffer

tenor.gif

BreakableGargantuanCockatiel-max-1mb.gif

Justin9mm

I dunno about the source but in my mind this is close to what I was predicting and seems very plausible..

Multiple protagonists with 1 female - Check
Modern GTA inline with GTA0 - Check
Milk GTAV for as long as fucking possible because we can and fuck you - Check

He is on my shitlist ever since the stunts he pulled with BF6. He said 90% chance for BF6 being nextgen only.

He knows nothing imo. He is just trying to get E-fame.
In his defense. I also heard early on the BF6 would be next Gen only and PC. I heard that changed because of semi conductor issues. And EA want as many sales as possible for share holders. So I don’t hold him at fault for that one.

CobraAB

GTA V came out, what, in 2013 and its only still early in development. Holy Kwai. 2030 or bust I guess.

LQX

What the hell have they been doing all these years? Just counting the money from GTAV? 4 Years out from now seems awful fucking long considering the V came out damn near 10 years ago.

Reallink

What the hell have they been doing all these years? Just counting the money from GTAV? 4 Years out from now seems awful fucking long considering the V came out damn near 10 years ago.

Can't have employees earning $100k+ salaries working to make deadlines, gotta have nap time and juice bars cause Lord Shreier ordained it.

Last edited:

Blue Apple

I don't want a female hacker as a GTA protagonist. How would that work? Is she going to be a hacker who's involved in the criminal underworld and she's also going to be strong enough to beat up men? That would be terrible.

Dr Kaneda

2025 release? So since 2013 when GTA 5 released the only new game R* will have released in the proceeding THIRTEEN YEARS is RDR2. That is beyond disgraceful. They've easily become the worst studio in gaming when it comes to output, which is a massive shame since they used to be one of the best. GTA 5 online is one of the worst things to happen to the industry since it effectively ruined a giant dev

LiquidRex

I want to see a mission where there's an ancestral link back to Red Dead Redemption, that would be cool.... Also a hist that involves all the main living character's of past GTA games similar to Ocean Eleven.

Just throwing this out there in case Rockstar are watching. 😛

GymWolf

Surely there's a line of reason somewhere between "taking your time" and "releasing a game once every 12 years".
RDR2 was in development for 9 years and a far west simulation is far more simple than a modern city simulation, so for me the line of reason is "take your damn time".

Cyberpunk tried the same thing that gta6 is trying to do, and we saw how rushing things can be detrimental.

Maybe for me it's easy to wait since i'm not a huge gta fan but i liked rdr2 well enough so i'm curious to see what they can do with good cpus this time around.

Last edited:
Top Bottom