• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson: Hideo Kojima’s New Horror Game is Dubbed “Overdose”

Corndog

Banned
What a retarded reply. You are aware that YOU initially, unsolicited, uninvited, unprovoked etc.. replied to a general post I made? I didn't initiate this conversation, you did. So you clearly are invested. You know what someone that isn't invested in a topic does? He doesn't reply/engage in it.
I have an opinion. It doesn’t mean I’m going to cry if it’s wrong.

FunkMiller

Fuck me.

Kojima needs to start being less opaque about what he’s working on. This level of secrecy is totally unnecessary and confusing for the lot of us.

Just indicate what projects you’re working on and for whom, you Japanese maniac. You don’t need to say much else.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
WHAT A TWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEST.

Well that’s interesting. I’m surprised it wasn’t shown.

Edit: Reading through I thought there would be a confirmation that Overdose is the cloud game. I’m failing to connect the two.

"Cloud game" doesn't necessarily mean just something that's on the cloud alone.

Flight Sim is an example of a game that has a lot of native data on the disc/console, but still uses cloud to augment it. Also, as much as people didn't like the game itself, Crackdown 3 also used cloud computing for physics simulation and augmenting the destruction in its Wrecking Zone mode for MP. It had the kind of destruction you wouldn't have seen in the SP mode.

People are dismissing the idea really quickly just based on the "cloud" word without knowing anything about what the scale/scope and concept of the game is in the first place.

Last edited:

Drewpee

Banned
Fuck me.

Kojima needs to start being less opaque about what he’s working on. This level of secrecy is totally unnecessary and confusing for the lot of us.

Just indicate what projects you’re working on and for whom, you Japanese maniac. You don’t need to say much else.
Fanboys reacted in such a negative way that the company had to come out and announce that they still have a good relationship with Sony.

I think he is smart to not announce too much right away. Who knows what the reaction will be when the exclusive is actually revealed but I guarantee you there will be a massive amount of hate directed toward him and the company.

Kinda wild when you think about it.

WHAT A TWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEST.

"Cloud game" doesn't necessarily mean just something that's on the cloud alone.

Flight Sim is an example of a game that has a lot of native data on the disc/console, but still uses cloud to augment it. Also, as much as people didn't like the game itself, Crackdown 3 also used cloud computing for physics simulation and augmenting the destruction in its Wrecking Zone mode for MP. It had the kind of destruction you wouldn't have seen in the SP mode.

People are dismissing the idea really quickly just based on the "cloud" word without knowing anything about what the scale/scope and concept of the game is in the first place.

What I mean is that I don’t see how the two are connected from what he wrote. If I’m not wrong it seems like speculation on his part rather than an inside source giving him the details. It’s not like he said a source within Kojima Production has confirmed to me that Overdose is the Xbox cloud based project.

As of this moment I know title exists but we really don’t know what it is based off the rumors. Toms speculation is that it’s the cloud project but he wasn’t told that by a first hand source. Anyways I just find it weird Kojima didn’t give us any additional information if Oberdose was the game. Something along the lines of the name or what type of game it is.
It’s not definitive, just additional evidence. He could be wrong.

Still seems a bit sketchy to me. At the moment it seems like the cloud game could be anything. And Kojima gave us almost know details when apparently there’s a trailer for it.

Last edited:

adamsapple

What I mean is that I don’t see how the two are connected from what he wrote. If I’m not wrong it seems like speculation on his part rather than an inside source giving him the details. It’s not like he said a source within Kojima Production has confirmed to me that Overdose is the Xbox cloud based project.

As of this moment I know title exists but we really don’t know what it is based off the rumors. Toms speculation is that it’s the cloud project but he wasn’t told that by a first hand source. Anyways I just find it weird Kojima didn’t give us any additional information if Oberdose was the game. Something along the lines of the name or what type of game it is.

I think you're getting caught up on semantics, Tom is never going to out his source, so we don't know how internal or close it was.

Similarly, Grubb is never going to out who his source for knowing about the Kojima x Xbox deal a year+ before it got confirmed.

I think you're getting caught up on semantics, Tom is never going to out his source, so we don't know how internal or close it was.

Similarly, Grubb is never going to out who his source for knowing about the Kojima x Xbox deal a year+ before it got confirmed.

But Grubb never mentioned Overdose that’s what bothers me same with Toms report on the details. Jason didn’t have an issue telling us how close his source was for example. Then there’s the other game that’s suppose to not exist.

Last edited:

adamsapple

But Grubb never mentioned Overdose that’s what bothers me same with Toms report on the details. Jason didn’t have an issue telling us how close his source was for example.

Grubb never mentioned Overdose because it likely wasn't a finalized name when he started talking about the deal back in 2021.

The Overdose name only came up just a week or two ago. Likely someone got sent a marketing asset that somehow landed in front of Tom and Snitch.

Last edited:
Grubb never mentioned Overdose because it likely wasn't a finalized name when he started talking about the deal back in 2021.

The Overdose name only came up just a week or two ago. Likely someone got sent a marketing asset that somehow landed in front of Tom and Snitch.

I doubt it only existed a few weeks. Don’t you think it’s odd that not even the games name was shared?

adamsapple

I doubt it only existed a few weeks. Don’t you think it’s odd that not even the games name was shared?

Right, but the games name has not officially been shared anywhere anyway. Whatever we know is from leaked material, nothing is official.

Kojima, Xbox, Sony or anyone still haven't acknowledged any official product called Overdose yet.

Grubb probably had limited info, Tom and Snitch probably their share of limited info.

Their sources could have been the same, or could be different, we simply can't say for sure, and I doubt we'll ever know either.

Last edited:
Right, but the games name has not officially been shared anywhere anyway. Whatever we know is from leaked material, nothing is official.

Kojima, Xbox, Sony or anyone still haven't acknowledged any official product called Overdose yet.

Grubb probably had limited info, Tom and Snitch probably their share of limited info.

Their sources could have been the same, or could be different, we simply can't say for sure, and I doubt we'll ever know either.

So basically your saying you don’t know what Overdose is. Also since you like the Snitch he shared a Silent Hill post for some reason. At this point it’s all confusing and nothing definitive can be said. I guess many will be shocked when they find out a KojiPro game is available on other platforms at this pace.

Last edited:

adamsapple

So basically your saying you don’t know what Overdose is. Also since you like the Snitch he shared a Silent Hill post for some reason. At this point it’s all confusing and nothing definitive can be said. I guess many will be shocked when they find out a KojiPro game is available on other platforms at this pace.

Well, yes, I'm not the snitch lol.

Only reacting on what news we're getting from these guys.

I'm quite surprised myself that Tom is confident that Overdose is the Xbox cloud game, I wouldn't have thought that.

If Overdose is the Xbox cloud game, that actually makes a Death Stranding 2 a *LOT* more likely now.

Previously I wouldn't have thought Koji Pro is a 3 game studio.

Well, yes, I'm not the snitch lol.

Only reacting on what news we're getting from these guys.

I'm quite surprised myself that Tom is confident that Overdose is the Xbox cloud game, I wouldn't have thought that.

If Overdose is the Xbox cloud game, that actually makes a Death Stranding 2 a *LOT* more likely now.

Previously I wouldn't have thought Koji Pro is a 3 game studio

Actually there’s the gametsu Silent Hill rumor as well. Whoever gets the Overdose trailer at their conference wins the rumor I guess.

adamsapple

Actually there’s the gametsu Silent Hill rumor as well. Whoever gets the Overdose trailer at their conference wins the rumor I guess.

I think it's a lot more likely that bloober is working on a silent hill game before kojima and his team does.

Their layers of fears game is coming out so soon, and their schedule is open after that.

Last edited:
I think it's a lot more likely that bloober is working on a silent hill game before kojima and his team does.

Their layers of fears game is coming out so soon, and their schedule is open after that.

Well the rumor that someone offered Kojipro the Silent Hill license seems amazing to me. I know Kojima would definitely love to do something like that.

Top Bottom