• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson: Hideo Kojima’s New Horror Game is Dubbed “Overdose”

Lognor

Banned
And how would you call the people that said Kojima was a shit dev and Death Stranding was a shit game walking sim, but now are sucking Kojimas balls?
I never played death Stranding but it looked shit. Still interested to see his Xbox game, especially if it's a horror game

Death Stranding looked awful and had the typical Kojima overindulgence of cutscenes. A smaller scale horror game from Kojima is actually exciting.

Could be an episodic typical Kojima game. Always a change that it’s similar to how Death Stranding was built but chopped up into smaller episodes. Not sure if that’s a good thing or not until I see it.

Roberts

And how would you call the people that said Kojima was a shit dev and Death Stranding was a shit game walking sim, but now are sucking Kojimas balls?
Can't it be like this: I bought DS pretty soon after the launch despite not being a particularly big on Kojima. Mostly because I was really curious about it. Found it to be a beautiful and in many ways a unique game, but also just about the most boring game imaginable. It's possible he will never make a game that will appeal to my sensibilities, but I can be curious and cautiously optimistic about Overdose, right?

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
TRYHARD GUIDES

Big Brother Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
Yeah the same site that had all the info about MW2 and Warzone 2 right. but hey funny name so make funny gif post before actually learning if it’s true right?

why post when you don’t know anything?

I think Death Stranding is ass, and whatever he makes for MS will likely be ass, if not even more so.

If MS stops him from making a menu sim, its a win.

When it comes to the Overdose rumor I don’t believe Grubb ever made the connection with Kojimas cloud game. I’m guessing Tom was just making a guess based of what Grubb said and tried to connect it with Overdose.

Guessing kojima was talking about overdose at the show today and MS will show it at tgs

Perhaps we got it all wrong? Could Overdose be a PS VR2 game? If that were to be the case, Kojima could have "Overdose", DS2 and the cloud-based title in the works, with the latter being in the earliest stage of development out of the three of them? 🤔

Last edited:
overdose isnt the xbox game. it would have been revealed today if it was.

When did Grubb leak Kojimas game? I believe at the time he said that Kojima was just talking to Xbox about it. No idea if he actually began production back then which could explain why nothing was shown today. Tom did see a reveal trailer for something Kojima related.

Last edited:
When did Grubb leak Kojimas game? I believe at the time he said that Kojima was just talking to Xbox about it. No idea if he actually began production back then which could explain why nothing was shown today. Tom did see a reveal trailer for something Kojima related.

look at what kojima said here

https://www.dualshockers.com/kojima-says-he-is-working-on-a-game-that-everyone-will-want-to-play/

a small project and a big AAA "that everyone will want to play"

sounds like the big AAA has been in development for a while while the smaller one hasnt even started yet.

Lognor

Banned
Perhaps we got it all wrong? Could Overdose be a PS VR2 game? If that were to be the case, Kojima could have "Overdose", DS2 and the cloud-based title in the works, with the latter being in the earliest stage of development out of the three of them? 🤔
Hmmm that could make sense. I could see kojima working on a smaller psvr2 game in addition to this xbox game.

But where is it? Why wasn't it shown at the ps sop?

look at what kojima said here

https://www.dualshockers.com/kojima-says-he-is-working-on-a-game-that-everyone-will-want-to-play/

a small project and a big AAA "that everyone will want to play"

sounds like the big AAA has been in development for a while while the smaller one hasnt even started yet.

I’m not sure if a cloud based game is something that everyone will enjoy. Sounds like what he’s doing for Microsoft is an experimental title while his AAA title is something more traditional. I’m willing to bet the Overdose trailer is for that title that has been in development for a while.

Hmmm that could make sense. I could see kojima working on a smaller psvr2 game in addition to this xbox game.

I’m guessing Sony is saving it for their Showcase. Especially if it’s a AAA title that would make sense for them.

mejin

I’m not sure if a cloud based game is something that everyone will enjoy. Sounds like what he’s doing for Microsoft is an experimental title while his AAA title is something more traditional. I’m willing to bet the Overdose trailer is for that title that has been in development for a while.

Death Stranding 2 is the AAA

yeh it adds up. there were rumours of a cloud episodic game of sorts. sounds like the small project. whilst overdose is the big AAA that has been in develpoment for a while.

Lognor

Banned
I’m guessing Sony is saving it for their Showcase. Especially if it’s a AAA title that would make sense for them.
So now we're thinking he's working on a AAA game with Sony and that this ms game won't be AAA? Huh. Interesting. Based on what?

And when is this alleged showcase?

Lognor

Banned
that "everyone will want to play"? that doesnt add up. sounds more like the PT successor to me. eevryone will be all up on that.
Where are you getting this "everyone will want to play"? Didn't death Stranding sell well? A sequel could be what everyone wants to play. It adds up

Lognor

Banned
Only issue I have is that it suggests he’s working on 3 titles. Death Stranding 2, Overdose and the cloud title.
OR this cloud game is overdose and the AAA game you think exists is death Stranding 2. How do you figure Koji pro is big enough to work on 3 projects, 2 is which are AAA? Lol this is Kojima we're talking about!

So now we're thinking he's working on a AAA game with Sony and that this ms game won't be AAA? Huh. Interesting. Based on what?

And when is this alleged showcase?

Based on his interview. You said it yourself he’s working on a AAA title and then a smaller one. There’s no proof from Microsoft’s showcase that the cloud title is the AAA title that everyone wants to play.

As for Sonys showcase the last one was in September so expect it around that time.

If...IF it is indeed as I am speculating, Sony would keep the title under wraps until they decide to make a PS VR2 centered showcase...
The other possibility, as I wrote elsewhere, is a Kojimasquerade; Another retarded smoke screen/ego trip/convoluted waste of time to reveal...DS2.

OR this cloud game is overdose and the AAA game you think exists is death Stranding 2. How do you figure Koji pro is big enough to work on 3 projects, 2 is which are AAA? Lol this is Kojima we're talking about!

Don’t forget the Silent Hill leak by gamematsu. Something has to give and I’m pretty sure been working on two projects one of them wasn’t shown today.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Grubb talked about it as early as April 2021.

But he didn’t say anything about the game being in production right? Could explain the absence of a trailer today. But we already know there’s already one floating around for one of his titles.

kojima knows death stranding was divisive. why would he describe a sequel as "everyone will want to play". check the link i posted. its his very own words.

Death Stranding received a lot of hate so I wouldn’t really say it’s something everyone wants to play. And if it’s something like Silent Hill I don’t know if that applies to it either.

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
kojima knows death stranding was divisive. why would he describe a sequel as "everyone will want to play". check the link i posted. its his very own words.
So you think pt or silent Hill? How does that make sense? Those weren't games played by millions. Death Stranding probably outsold the best selling silent Hill game

Only issue I have is that it suggests he’s working on 3 titles. Death Stranding 2, Overdose and the cloud title.

the interview was from 5 months ago. norman reedus said they only just started death stranding 2. it could be possible that they are wrapping up on one of the projects and in the very early stages of starting death stranding 2.

he said they had a letter of intent or something. it further adds up now that we only have an annuncement of a partnership and no game yet. there obviously isnt much of an actual game yet.

Last edited:
So you think pt or silent Hill? How does that make sense? Those weren't games played by millions. Death Stranding probably outsold the best selling silent Hill game

that description would fit a new AAA horror game by him much better than death stranding 2 but who knows. its all speculation right now.

Lognor

Banned
What is Kojima going to do? Troll Xbox Bethesda Games showcase 🤡, then announce Overdose at PlayStations event in September?
Maybe overdose is the code name for death Stranding 2? Didn't someone say they were using a lot of the same actors in overdose as death Stranding?

the interview was from 5 months ago. norman reedus said they only just started death stranding 2. it could be possible that they are wrapping up on one of the projects and in the very early stages of starting death stranding 2.

he said they had a letter of intent or something. it further adds up now that we only have an annuncement of a partnership and no game yet. there obviously isnt much of an actual game yet.

So basically release Overdose first and then work on both the Xbox project and Death Stranding 2 at the same time. I’m assuming this is possible because the cloud one is rumored to be episodic. In that case it does seem to make sense.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
But he didn’t say anything about the game being in production right? Could explain the absence of a trailer today. But we already know there’s already one floating around for one of his titles.

No, he said Xbox and Kojima are in talks but they haven't signed any deals yet.

The deal may have been months ago with Phil holding onto the announcement for their big stage event, we simply don't know the full details.

The only thing we can say for sure is that Jeff Grubb had knowledge of this way the fuck before anyone else.

No, he said Xbox and Kojima are in talks but they haven't signed any deals yet.

The deal may have been months ago with Phil holding onto the announcement for their big stage event, we simply don't know the full details.

The only thing we can say for sure is that Jeff Grubb had knowledge of this way the fuck before anyone else.

But Grubb didn’t know anything about Overdose which is why I’m questioning if it’s the cloud project.

Let's remember the Famitsu article
https://www.siliconera.com/hideo-kojima-teases-two-new-games-in-development/
Kojima teased that the studio is working on two games: a “big” title and a “new, challenging” title. Notably, Kojima specifically used the term “new” to describe the second “challenging” title, possibly indicating a new IP.
I think the challenging title is the cloud based game, while the big title well... could that one be Overdose, DS 2 or something else?

Last edited:
Last edited:

bitbydeath

Top Bottom