• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson: Hideo Kojima’s New Horror Game is Dubbed “Overdose”

bitbydeath

By whom and where ?

You can't just say that and not provide a source.

Gamespot's? Care to share a link?
Sources told Gamespot that there’s no evidence the game is actually being worked on at all.
Blue Box Studios denied the report in an email, telling PC Gamer that Abandoned is not being cancelled.
"It is in development, all of this is just out of context resulted by angry fans who did not see the game, the article written by Gamespot is just based on what these angry users speculate," a studio rep said. "One of them is pretending to be an business partner.

"The Prologue will be released whenever we are ready. We are not letting speculation force us to 'prove' the game."
https://www.pcgamer.com/report-the-silent-hill-like-horror-game-abandoned-is-in-disarray/

I’m going to speculate that Tom didn’t receive the full trailer. Usually trailers from events contain the platforms that the game will be available on. I’m guessing his comments on it being an Xbox exclusive comes from Grubbs rumor. However there are other rumors of a Kojima horror game that can definitely fit this one.

As of right now it seems like the Snitch would know about this but he isn’t sharing the platforms it will be available on. I do agree with the sentiment that he wouldn’t know about the Xbox event if he leaked the PlayStation one. Although he could definitely be a Sony employee that has inside information on Xbox as well. I guess we will just have to wait and see if he leaks anything about Microsoft’s event.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

"It is in development, all of this is just out of context resulted by angry fans who did not see the game, the article written by Gamespot is just based on what these angry users speculate," a studio rep said. "One of them is pretending to be an business partner.

I'm sure he said that.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by NBA on TNT

Arcadialane

It's a tragedy that Kojima has to go to these publishers to secure funding and as a result, some system won't be able to play his games. Kojima should be for every gamer.

A.Romero

Thanks for the link, I was expecting something else but I understand how an accusation from "sources" is as good as a comment from "studio rep".

Can't wait for this mystery to be solved!

Edit:
bitbydeath bitbydeath is the last surviving member of team real. loyal as a dog.

I respect him for that.

I'm team fake for sure but I really respect bitbydeath bitbydeath for staying until the end.

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
Was it confirmed? No, even google said this wasn’t true.
Looked up what Google said:

Google has told Games Radar that VGC’s report on cancelled Stadia projects, including a title by Hideo Kojima, is “inaccurate and reported hearsay as fact”. It added that it “[doesn't] have anything, nor has announced anything, with Kojima or Yu Suzuki”.

That doesn't actually refute it...

bitbydeath

Looked up what Google said:

Google has told Games Radar that VGC’s report on cancelled Stadia projects, including a title by Hideo Kojima, is “inaccurate and reported hearsay as fact”. It added that it “[doesn't] have anything, nor has announced anything, with Kojima or Yu Suzuki”.

That doesn't actually refute it...
People said the same thing when Bloober denied working on Silent Hill and look how that turned out.

Gobjuduck

Banned
They took three years to make the medium which is also only AA. They’re not big enough to handle big games, let alone multiple games.
but dude, the xbox series s is so hard to develop for, no wonder it took that long. They had to take out large portions of New Vegas for it to even run. :messenger_winking:

Limba

Banned
Jim Ryan is dumb but turning down Kojima? No way.
Shawn come back to PlayStation!! We need you back on the throne, Jim Ryan is already destroying the brand!

YRDIsIV.jpg

TUvU1jP.jpg
Trinvo8.jpg

MDsZ1wg.jpg

DjaQOrQ.jpg

92ODefC.jpg

ODGtyNf.jpg

Last edited:
Shawn come back to PlayStation!! We need you back on the throne, Jim Ryan is already destroying the brand!

YRDIsIV.jpg

TUvU1jP.jpg
Trinvo8.jpg

MDsZ1wg.jpg

DjaQOrQ.jpg

92ODefC.jpg

ODGtyNf.jpg

So who is making Death Stranding 2 and Silent Hill then if those rumors are true?

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
SlimySnake SlimySnake you were right! the old Sony is gone
I have absolutely no idea why Sony didnt greenlight DS2 in 2019 right away. It sold well. Finished 7th in NPD in a very busy month of November. It won the most GOTY awards that year beating out Sekiro and RE2. What more do you need to greenlight a sequel?

Herman was even doing rounds with Kojima showing up to award shows to collect awards but he didnt sign him up? Why was Kojima even talking to Stadia and Microsoft?

Regardless, i dont care. I am a Kojima fan and while Im a sony fan, i was always a sony fan because of the games they made and the creators who made them. Not because of some brand loyalty. If Microsoft invests in those creators instead of Sony, thats fine by me.

johnjohn

Not sure why some people are setting themselves up to look like clowns lol. There's a very good chance Kojima shows up at the Xbox show on Sunday. We know he's making an Xbox exclusive, we just don't know how far along it is. With these new rumours it sounds like it might be much further along than we thought.

It's like some folks forget Kojima has put out games on Xbox in the past as well.
The guy even has a GBA exclusive lol. If there's anyone that probably enjoys sticking his toes in every pond, it's Kojima. I think he likes meeting new people and making working relationships. Probably finds it exciting to do new stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

ParaSeoul

YRDIsIV.jpg

TUvU1jP.jpg
Trinvo8.jpg

MDsZ1wg.jpg

DjaQOrQ.jpg

92ODefC.jpg

ODGtyNf.jpg
Sorry but last time a neo member with a Spider-Man profile pic started linking a discord with Kojima rumors,it was a scam. I'm calling this both BS and suspicious.

Top Bottom