• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson: Hideo Kojima’s New Horror Game is Dubbed “Overdose”

The creative mind behind the likes of Metal Gear Solid and Death Stranding is working on a new title currently named "Overdose".

Early footage, that has been sent to me under the request of anonymity seems to show Mama from Death Stranding wearing a blue dress. The game, however, does not appear to be Death Stranding 2 and just features the actress who portrayed Mama, Margaret Qualley.

Footage shows the character walking through dark corridors with a flashlight in third-person, but it's been suggested that the game can be played in first-person too. A jump scare at the end of the footage shows "GAMEOVER" followed by "A Hideo Kojima Game"… "OVERDOSE".

It's been rumored by reputable insider Jeff Grubb that Kojima has been in talks with Xbox for the company to publish their next game. Although I wasn't able to verify that this deal has been finalized, it does seem that something is likely to be announced soon. After all, a picture did surface last week of Hideo Kojima in a zoom call with the creator of the Summer Games Fest, Geoff Keighley, last week.

https://tryhardguides.com/hideo-kojimas-new-horror-game-is-dubbed-overdose/

Last edited:

ElCasual

There is it, if you are using Sony's Zoom with steroids dont mean that you are making a game for Playstation.

There is it, if you are using Sony's Zoom with steroids dont mean that you are making a game for Playstation.

Chicago Bulls What GIF by NBA

Boy if it's actually with xbox, it's gonna cause a stir. Everyone gonna be blaming jim ryan. I'll be playing it wherever it releases. It would be strange for a kojima game to not be on PlayStation at all though.

Last edited:

yurinka

Last edited:

johnjohn

Apparently the cancelled Stadia game was a horror game, so it's possible that this is the Xbox exclusive that has been rumoured. Hopefully will find out by Sunday whether it's at SGF or the Xbox show.

I like how this mentions the letter of intent rumor, but not all the signs that he's actually working on a Sony game which are much more solid and recent.
I find it funny how much people want the Xbox rumors to be true, usually the same people that for years talked shit on Kojima.

If it happens that he is working for MS I hope it works out and doesn't go the way of most Xbox partnerships. It seems like a terrible idea for him to not release his game on PlayStation where all his other games have being releasing for a long time.

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
"try hard guides" 😂

"reputable insider Jeff Grubb" 😂😂😂
Did you read the whole story or even who wrote the article?

It's written by Tom Henderson who has been pretty spot on in recent years on his leaks.

He says that Jeff claimed Kojima is working with Xbox, but he himself has seen nothing from this footage to say that that is the case.

Do your research before making drive by posts next time man.

kanye thank you GIF

Last edited:
I find it funny how much people want the Xbox rumors to be true, usually the same people that for years talked shit on Kojima.

If it happens that he is working for MS I hope it works out and doesn't go the way of most Xbox partnerships. It seems like a terrible idea for him to not release his game on PlayStation where all his other games have being releasing for a long time.
The xbox thing could be true, but even if it is, it doesn't even sound like it'll be his next game. "Letter of intent" is a far ways away from coming out soon.

Last edited:

yurinka

Trolljima can work on multiple projects. Even using Ghost Writers. 😜
He said that during lockdowns Kojipro wasn't productive but during that period but during lockdown until now they released the Death Stranding PC port, Death Stranding Director's Cut and Death Stranding Director's Cut PC port plus they started to work in Death Stranding 2. And during that period they also opened a new studio in LA to make movies and tv stuff (they mentioned to be interested on making a movie, short film or anime) and in Japan they moved to a new office.

This with a team of around 80 people. I think they have been too busy to have another project, and Google officially debunked the rumor of the game for streaming that supposedly ended on MS after being cancelled by Stadia. Google said that they never had something from Kojipro, not even at pitch.

The xbox thing could be true, but even if it is, it doesn't even sound like it'll be his next game. "Letter of intent" is a far ways away as coming out soon.
"Letter of intent" it's a Grubb excuse to justify the permanent lack of confirmation of this rumor until people forgets about it.

Game companies sign contracts with their publishing, marketing or exclusive deals, not letters of intent.

Google said that project never existed, that they talk with many devs but never had nothing from Kojipro, not even a pitch. And Kojipro has been very busy (see above). The rumor is fake bullshit.

Last edited:
The xbox thing could be true, but even if it is, it doesn't even sound like it'll be his next game. "Letter of intent" is a far ways away as coming out soon.
When you put it like that it really doesn't make sense that he was idle all this time waiting for this deal with MS that according to this Grubb guy was still being discusses the other day.

Last edited:
Some of these rumours need to end once and for all. If we don't know anything by Monday, then there is no kojima xbox game. If there is, than people gotta give credit to Jeff grubb for getting it right.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

The same people?
Xbox rumors?
Talked shit about Kojima?

Source?

Cuz Koji hasnt been seen as a "Playstation guy" for a long time, so its certainly not the Green Rats talking shit about Kojima.

mejin

First and 3rd person could be easily a game for VR2 and PS5.

Anyway, let's see what Kojima is working this time.

The same people?
Xbox rumors?
Talked shit about Kojima?

Source?

Cuz Koji hasnt been seen as a "Playstation guy" for a long time, so its certainly not the Green Rats talking shit about Kojima.
What are you talking about? Even his last game was published by PlayStation using a Sony game engine with the help of a Sony internal studio.

Jeff Grubb rumors are mentioned in this very topic why are you pretending you don't know about it?

I'm into every Kojima thread so I know very well the type of people who shits on his games, same crowd that takes issues with other games that make use of cutscenes or third person cameras. We all know who they are, even if you want to pretend that we don't...

Last edited:

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
He said that during lockdowns Kojipro wasn't productive but during that period but during lockdown until now they released the Death Stranding PC port, Death Stranding Director's Cut and Death Stranding Director's Cut PC port plus they started to work in Death Stranding 2. And during that period they also opened a new studio in LA to make movies and tv stuff (they mentioned to be interested on making a movie, short film or anime) and in Japan they moved to a new office.
Let's face it....you are just scared of the possibility of Trolljima making an Xbox game.

Top Bottom