• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson: BATTLEFIELD 2042 to be delayed this week to late November

wipeout364

I was not going to pick up Insurgency for series X , maybe with the delay I will buy it to pass the time in October.

ultrazilla

EA Dice is a victim once again of cutting together some pretty wicked trailers for their Battlefield game but then this happens when you see the actual game play:

d864c4c6ded5a12bb0e917b1b6b5aee6.gif

If it's for the best, so be it.

When I saw the apparent "next generation graphics" it was a huge letdown. There's nothing next generation IMO with BF 2042's graphics. And yes....here comes the comparison:
It looks like a Battlefield 4 Expansion.

Weren't people at EA talking about how this game was ahead of schedule? I don't know what the original release date internally was but having to delay it after talking it up like that is kind of funny.

BlackTron

This gen will most likely be another 10 year one as to recoup new console losses due to scalpers buying up all the consoles and not tying any services to them or buying games for them. That shit should be illegal to some degree.
Scalpers cannot exist without the consoles being rabidly in-demand by people who actually want to use them.

If a scalper buys a system for $500 and flips it to a gamer for $800, that gamer is still gonna do whatever they would have done on the system had they bought it at the store...including buying games and signing up for whatever they wanted to.

We may well have a 10 year gen, but this is no reason for it at all.

Last gen is holding back this gen not because of scalpers but because they don't want to throw away the install base of last gen and the difference in hardware power is immense. We are at an awkward stage when we really want next gen results but it's gonna take patience.

SantaC

And no SP campaign this time around, plus they're still using the same Frostbite Engine, so they really had all the time and manpower to focus just on the MP, and seems like they'll still miss the mark, and what's worse like you said - it'll most likely still launch broken, as always.
All of DICE has worked from home since like 1.5 year back.

PerfectDark

Banned
Oh no.

I honestly have high hopes for this game.
It's a EA game. And alpha was unplayable. Did not run on my rtx 3070 or my sons 6700xt. Game was set to 30fps. 75% of alpha testers like myself barley could even get the game to run. When we did get in I got 5fps. After alpha I told people I game with this game is a broken mess and will be delayed and broken for 6+ months after launch.

CheeseCake

Oh no.

I honestly have high hopes for this game.

Lmao game is looking like it's from 2014, with no campaign, 70$/€ with season passes, and you have to pay a ridiculous premium to have the PS4/PS5 or /XBOne/XSeriesSX versions

Also you:
"I honestly have high hopes for this game."

troll GIF

Lmao game is looking like it's from 2014, with no campaign, 70$/€ with season passes, and you have to pay a ridiculous premium to have the PS4/PS5 or /XBOne/XSeriesSX versions

Also you:
"I honestly have high hopes for this game."

troll GIF

It's a cross-gen title and I'm glad it has no campaign. I've been playing Battlefield since BF1942, literally grew up on the franchise. I played the heck out of the Desert Combat mod. The worst thing DICE have ever done is add shitty SP campaigns to their games besides making console versions of them.

Battlefield 2142 is my favorite game out of the entire franchise. I even have it installed right now. Copies of BF2, 2142, and BC2 are in my closet right now.

*EDIT*

Also they're adding things people wanted when BF3 was announced years ago like 128 players and some type of modding ability.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Looked shite and light on content from the start.

Doubt this delay will change much. But hey, maybe we'll get another bullshot hype trailer in the meantime.

People should play hell let loose or insurgency instead.

Last edited:
Top Bottom