• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson: BATTLEFIELD 2042 to be delayed this week to late November

DonJorginho

Banned
Fall Over Oh No GIF by UEFA

NickFire

At one point this summer I had convinced myself this game would be as exciting as B4 when it launched (for me at least). That hope will be dead and buried if they really delay this last minute. I'm just not convinced that a game of this scale, launching on all sorts of hardware, is something that benefits enough from a last minute 1 month delay (give or take), to upend all of their launch plans / preorders / marketing. I'll keep my fingers crossed in hopes of being wrong if it happens, but to me this is a bad omen.

ZywyPL

Banned
BF shit release cycle continues. Delayed by a month, still getting released broken. Sigh... and they had 1 extra year

And no SP campaign this time around, plus they're still using the same Frostbite Engine, so they really had all the time and manpower to focus just on the MP, and seems like they'll still miss the mark, and what's worse like you said - it'll most likely still launch broken, as always.

manfestival

Yeah that blows but if it is needed then I will take it. Granted every BF game is a buggy mess at launch it seems. My buddies and I are really looking forward to playing this one but I suppose we must wait just a little longer.

[Sigma]

Sound right, we still haven't got a beta announcement yet. So i'm expecting some delay at this point. It sucks but it's not like I don't have plenty to play thanks to these last couple of months.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I'm okay with this. Basically nothing else I'm interested in getting in Nov or Dec as it stands anyway. I just really hope the launch isn't anywhere near BF4's.

jaysius

Banned
Well I just started playing BF4 on Xbox to get my fix again, the thing looks fugly, but damn it plays smoothly, and there's a small but OK playerbase right now.

I'm not sure why they'd want to launch the same month as COD, there's some overlap there, also it's closer to a time when Halo Infinites multiplayer might be out.

Maybe the test build wasn't as old as we were thinking.

I want this BF to launch at least worth half the money I pay for it.

This BF will really have that old "this shit is retarded chaos" vibe that makes BF 3 and 4 feel great in it, so it's worth the wait.

Last edited:

Paulxo87

Not sure a Delay is gonna help. I'm a big battlefield fan but all the footage I've seen thus far looks very unfinished.

Allforce

Ugh well I guess I'll just get Vanguard then, they were pretty close together on release so I was just going to get 2042 this year but this is shitty news. I'll get it eventually but I had that original date circled on the calendar and planned on moving on from CoD for awhile.

Gotta respect other publishers for delaying games like Horizon and Dying Light out of the holiday period when they know it is needed. EA wouldn't do that in a million years.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
As long as we still get it this year.
Cuz fuck this shit every game ive been looking forward to has been delayed.

Basically 2022 is the year nextgen truly starts for me.

I’m OK with that, I just want this game to release in a proper state and to be as fantastic as possible. I need a new battlefield game that’s as good as they used to be.

Shaukdotdj

If this is true I'm gonna be very disappointed at the fact that all these people on the dev team were doing damage control about the leaked footage showing a clearly wonky build of thier game.

Whats weirdest to me was the gameplay reveal trailer looked nothing like what leaked footage. That shit looked DONE.
HOW did they go backwards?
Trying to make it Playable on last gen hardware? It's cyberpunk all over again. Move on.

Derktron

Banned
Maybe this is why there is a lack of info when it comes to open beta testing. -- Gaming sucks right now. 2022 better be the 2013 of gaming.

Maybe this is why there is a lack of info when it comes to open beta testing. -- Gaming sucks right now. 2022 better be the 2013 of gaming.
It won't be. Hardware shortages will likely last until 2023. This is also an issue for game developers that can't get the right equipment. A lot of these delays are a ripple effect of the shutdowns and the continuing effort to prevent COVID from spreading and working from home..

Last edited:

Derktron

Banned
It won't be. Hardware shortages will likely last until 2023. This is also an issue for game developers that can't get the right equipment. A lot of these delays are a ripple effect of the shutdowns and the continuing effort to prevent COVID from spreading and working from home..
I already know this but that doesn't mean I can't express my frustration

jaysius

Banned
Yup, this and the economy is going to make sure dead gen keeps fucking our games up for quite a long time.

Who knows, maybe the hangups with 2042 is dead gen right now.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
No threat from COD this year, just make it amazing please. we don't want weeks of broken servers post launch.....

....It's totally going to launch with broken servers....rubber banding and more...Like every BF :(

Yup, this and the economy is going to make sure dead gen keeps fucking our games up for quite a long time.

Who knows, maybe the hangups with 2042 is dead gen right now.
This gen will most likely be another 10 year one as to recoup new console losses due to scalpers buying up all the consoles and not tying any services to them or buying games for them. That shit should be illegal to some degree.

Last edited:
Top Bottom