• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Game Show 2023 Draws 243,238 Attendees

Tokyo Game Show 2023 reported an in-person attendance of 243,238 over the course of four days (September 21-24). The number is almost double the attendance of last year's show, and approaches 2019's in-person attendance of 262,076.
The first public day (September 23) had the biggest number of in-person attendees with 96,033, followed by the second public day (September 24) with 77,390 attendees. 33,706 people attended on the first business day (September 21), and 36,109 attended on the second business day (September 22).
Tokyo Game Show 2023 was held with the theme "Games in Motion, the World in Revolution." At the in-person venue, 787 companies and organizations from 44 countries and regions exhibited their latest products. For the online portion, a total of 25 online streaming programs, including the Japan Game Awards ceremony, were viewable on Tokyo Game Show's official YouTube, Twitter, and Twitch accounts, as well as online platforms such as niconico and Steam's TGS Special Venue.

Next year's Tokyo Game Show will run from September 26 to 29 with the in-person venue again at Makuhari Messe.

Go_Ly_Dow

That's good. TGS has become a damp squib over lets say the last 10-15 years.

I'd love for it to become a big occasion again where Japanese game fans look forward to it with excitement and publishers showcase more games and make big announcements. Maybe someday there'll be a centre stage conference or livestream again by the platform holders - rather than from individual publishers.

It's been great for the FF7 Rebirth blowout this year and it was good to see S-E do an on stage presentation with the likes of Kitase, Hamaguchi and Nomura.

Last edited:
I went last year and in true Japan style it was incredibly crowded. I cannot even begin to fathom how the number of attendees has DOUBLED this year.

IAmRei

I was also there. All I wanted was that Death Stranding mask but of course. It was sold out instantly.
Same here, almost all items sold fast. I can only secure chocobo plushie and ff 16 ost in square booth. And why square music booth is kinda far from their booth make me wants to split up kagebushin myself to buy in both area. Hopefully next year i can attend it as well.

Top Bottom