• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Game Show 2020 Online (09/24/20 - 09/27/20)

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
WxZ2BrE.gif
I heard most new released PS4 games have to be playable on PS5, so I think we can still play NieR Replicant ver 1.22 on PS5.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
I heard most new released PS4 games have to be playable on PS5, so I think we can still play NieR Replicant ver 1.22 on PS5.
Ok. but I'm talking about it recieving all the next gen bells and whistles through a patch. So far doesn't look like it. And I don't see a PS5 disc copy of the game either.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Ok. but I'm talking about it recieving all the next gen bells and whistles through a patch. So far doesn't look like it. And I don't see a PS5 disc copy of the game either.
Yeah, I don't think we are going to get actual PS5 version of this game, its mostly just going to be PS4 game playable on your PS5.

Last edited:

yurinka

Yes, all the new PS4 games sent to certification since July must work properly in PS5 BC to be published. So yes, it will work on PS5 even if there isn't an specific PS5 version.

Last edited:
Did SEGA announce new stuff? I tried searching back through the footage and didn't see anything.

They teased Virtua Fighter at the end of that section with more info to come later.

Something about VF x E sports. But what's interesting here is they specifically mentioned "new game" after the teaser video but went coy with a "more info to come at a later date"

VF6?
VF: Reboot?
VF5 with a new rendering engine?

That's the biggest thing that came from that section. Everything else was stuff we already knew about.

Last edited:

Aggelos

1993年に世界初の3D格闘ゲームとして誕生した「バーチャファイター」が、セガ設立60周年を記念し、まず国内にてesportsタイトルとして再始動いたします。プロジェクトの詳細は、今後の続報にご期待ください。

Their first step is to resuscitate it as an e-sport title in Japan. They say that more details about this project will be unveiled at a later point, so please look forward to it.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
They teased Virtua Fighter at the end of that section with more info to come later.

Something about VF x E sports. But what's interesting here is they specifically mentioned "new game" after the teaser video but went coy with a "more info to come at a later date"

VF6?
VF: Reboot?
VF5 with a new rendering engine?

That's the biggest thing that came from that section. Everything else was stuff we already knew about.
Thank you for the reply.

Seeing how SEGA took existing Puyo assets and made "Puyo esports" as a separate release, I'm gonna wager they will test the waters with an HD remaster of the last VF and call it good for the next 3 years, Dead of Alive-style.

Thank you for the reply.

Seeing how SEGA took existing Puyo assets and made "Puyo esports" as a separate release, I'm gonna wager they will test the waters with an HD remaster of the last VF and call it good for the next 3 years, Dead of Alive-style.

I'd take it. Hell, if they gave us a new edition of VF5 with a new rendering engine ported to Steam and Next Gen consoles then I'd gladly take it. Anything to give this franchise some new life. I just want more Virtua Fighter.

I really would love to play VF5 online on something that isn't a PS3 or Xbox 360.

Last edited:

PaNaMa

Banned
Microsoft has had such a hard time cracking the Japanese market. Out of everything I've seen from their TGS showing this year, the Flight Simulator : Japan thing might be the one thing that garners major interest. By major of course, I mean that in context and with perspective. But you have to admit, it's pretty fucking wonderous.

Carna

Banned
Pso2 new genesis looks interesting to me, I been more appreciative of pso2 after completing episode 4.

My body is ready.

Last edited:

Zannegan

And the mobility sooo good here
This is what I'm most looking forward to. I know it won't be spiderman or anything, but upping the mobility and maybe adding a faster, lighter weapon set might make this the first MH I can really get into.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
So nothing new not even for SMT III Remake. Aw shit.

Hope it ends up selling very well, it could be the predecessor of more ports! (DDS next pls)

Last edited:

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Today we already had Spike Chunsoft. They are publishing Cybperunk 2077 in Japan and that's all they show / talk about in the show.

Then Level-5 with what looks like mobile crap. except maybe for that high school game.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
The Koei Tecmo presentation starts in about 15 minutes!
They're going to start with Atelier Ryza 2, which looks pretty nice, although to be honest I'm way more interested in what they'll show of Hyrule Warriors AoC, scheduled one hour later.

Hoping we get a Nioh 2 PC announcement.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Shadowverse: Champion’s Battle (a card battle rpg) is due out for Switch on November 5 in Japan

The Collection of Saga: Final Fantasy Legend (First 3 games of the series) for the Nintendo Switch

The PlayStation 4 version of Yo-kai Watch Jam: Yo-kai Academy Y – Waiwai Gakuen Seikatsu will launch in October in Japan, Level-5 president and CEO Akihiro Hino said on Twitter. Hope this one comes over to the US soon.

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
I wish she'd cosplay the wet clothes version we've just seen from the gameplay, although the girl that was there before was way cuter. :messenger_heart:
That huge staff look utterly ridiculous in real life though.
In photos it looked cool though. Also the previous girl was too thin for cosplaying Ryza. :p

Last edited:

e0n

Today, there's going to be live gameplay of Hyrule Warriors, SMT nocturne, and monster hunter rise all at around the same time.

By the Goddess, Hyrule Warriors looks ace!
The battle field was simply huge (no idea how it is in "real" musou games, I've only ever played the first HW and PW3).
The music was great.
Movement and animations look straight from BotW.
Impa's moveset is... uh... Naruto-ish? But in a good way...
EGG GUARDIAN IS A CUTE.

Top Bottom