• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

ToeJam and Earl 3; my favorite cancelled game...whats yours?

Stoneberg7

Neo Member
Mar 28, 2013
stoneberg7.com
The original Virtual Quest.

While I love Shenmue, the idea of VF having a super fleshed out backstory for Akira was intriguing. Especially in the convoluted lore timeline of SF and Tekken that we currently live in.

Or the Dreamcast version of Shenmue III. It looked like there were a few things either already in development or scrapped from II that looked interesting. Especially in comparison to what we finally got.

Reactions: habibihijababy

CamHostage

Sep 30, 2004
I remember seeing Screenshots from Outcast 2 and its great graphics. But it was cancelled unfortunately.

There's some footage out there of Outcast 2, and it's some crazy tech for a PS2 game. Really miss it. Would love to see it completed...

They used that Outcast 2 technology to try to pitch a TinTin game as well as a new IP called Amon-Ra (they also recycled the assets in these pitches) and made an attractive PSP demo called Tribal Island, but everything kept not working out for them despite the technology. They did get to plunk the engine into 2 little-seen PS2 budget-oriented games, Mountain Bike Adrenaline and Wild Water Adrenaline.

Appeal developer Franck Sauer has great write-ups on all his projects, if you're interested in knowing more about working on games that never were games.

Last edited: