• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today was a good day

ruvikx

Banned
This morning everyone could play Bethesda games... now potentially only some of us can.

There's better ways to build hype and excitement, this is probably the worst way.

You weren't born with a PlayStation attached to your body like a Siamese twin. You can play next gen Bethesda games... on an Xbox or PC. Just as I managed the apparently impossible task of playing all of Halo, Uncharted, Fable, God of War, Forza, Gran Turismo etc. over the past 15 years.

Starfield

You weren't born with a PlayStation attached to your body like a Siamese twin. You can play next gen Bethesda games... on an Xbox or PC. Just as I managed the apparently impossible task of playing all of Halo, Uncharted, Fable, God of War, Forza, Gran Turismo etc. over the past 15 years.
How could you. Don't you Dare telling me that you don't prefer one over the other...

*raises fist*

Don’t forget the narrative that MS can’t make good games and bought Zenimax out of desperation. Never mind that they are investing in all of these studios and financially backing their output and that Sony did exactly the same thing with its own studio acquisitions. But now it is “not fair” because MS is a more successful company with far more money. Things are gonna get tense here lol.

carlosrox

Banned
Don’t forget the narrative that MS can’t make good games and bought Zenimax out of desperation. Never mind that they are investing in all of these studios and financially backing their output and that Sony did exactly the same thing with its own studio acquisitions. But now it is “not fair” because MS is a more successful company with far more money. Things are gonna get tense here lol.

You just know people wouldn't be reacting the same if Sony did it.

Sony/Sony Master Race deserved this wake up call.

You just know people wouldn't be reacting the same if Sony did it.

Sony/Sony Master Race deserved this wake up call.

everyone knows it, especially the Sony fanboys and to their credit they have actually been more realist about it than I expected, with a few exceptions. I think the implications of this haven’t really sunk in yet though.

Last edited:
Just good? Today was G-L-O-R-I-O-U-S! Tired of all the XbOx HaS nO gAmEs talk. Now we have 23 studios and just from the recently acquired ones the possibilities are amazing! :messenger_beaming:

Troll? Fuck off with that. If you don’t like it, pick up some extra hours at work or something so you can get whatever box you need to play games that interest you. Gaming side has been insufferable since the first Xbox event this year with PlayStation fanboys SOMEHOW becoming more obnoxious and annoying than PC fanboys (a feat I never thought possible). I don’t care if games become exclusive to any platform. Ill buy whatever I need to play what I want.

Fuck outta here with your “troll” comment. You don’t like it? Get some OT like I suggested or take it to the bartender, because I don’t wanna fucking hear it.
JESUS. Lol you on your period?

Hostile_18

Banned
How many studio acquisitions have MS made compared to Sony this year? Surely MS has made ALOT more.

Sony has done alot more exclusivity deals though and that's shit as well.

End of the day people are celebrating others losing out on franchises they love or having to spend hundreds extra on a second console.. or telling Playstation fans to get a second job (lol worked out well for Sony back in the day).

Let's see if X Box fans feel none critical when a couple of franchises they enjoyed playing this gen suddenly have the potential to be taken away from them and they have to make that choice between paying more money or losing them.

Imagine say The Initiative game out with a GREAT game. Everyone would be happy, the X-Box would look more appealing because its adding value not taking it away. Acquisitions are a way of life in this industry but the scale it's been done at we all may end up losing out.

If it is worst case scenario maybe PS exclusives going all PC would be best for everyone. Then we'd have a format that loses out on nothing (and you'd pay for the privilege so that's fine).

CatLady CatLady X-Box is always a consideration. I mean so is PC as well if I can get hold of a 3080/3070 for access to emulation. I'd still have access to Gamepass. I'll try and read the tea leaves on this Bethesda deal and Sonys PC strategy as Naughy Dog, God of War and Days Gone have genuinely been some of my best games this gen (along with The Witcher 3). Its unfortunate they are tied to one console. There is my digital library of over 200 games to consider, so news of Sonys BC strategy is important to me.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
This morning everyone could play Bethesda games... now potentially only some of us can.

There's better ways to build hype and excitement, this is probably the worst way.

Wait, so its ok for Sony to develop and release games only for playstation, so "only that only some of us can" play the games, but its not ok for ms? Nice double standard you have going there. I must have missed the post where you complained about the timed sony excuses as well.
Feel so sorry for you......

Hostile_18

Banned
Wait, so its ok for Sony to develop and release games only for playstation, so "only that only some of us can" play the games, but its not ok for ms? Nice double standard you have going there. I must have missed the post where you complained about the timed sony excuses as well.
Feel so sorry for you......

Read my post history if you think I don't criticise Sony for exclusivity as well.

No ones complaining about Gears of Halo been exclusive just those that were formerly multiplatform studios been bought up on a large scale. If tomorrow you wake up and you've lose a couple of favorite franchises (or have to pay more money for what you previously had) maybe you will feel the same way. If you own all the consoles good for you genuinely 😊.

Sybrix

I think we all know that Sony over the last generation completely wiped the floor with Xbox in terms of content, games like TLOU, GOW and Horizon are on another level to anything Xbox had to offer.

Going forward into this new generation i think Xbox have just levelled the playing field.

It can only benefit gamers as Sony will now have a rocket up their arse to beat what Xbox now has.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Read my post history if you think I don't criticise Sony for exclusivity as well.

No ones complaining about Gears of Halo been exclusive just those that were formerly multiplatform studios been bought up on a large scale. If tomorrow you wake up and you've lose a couple of favorite franchises (or have to pay more money for what you previously had) maybe you will feel the same way. If you own all the consoles good for you genuinely 😊.

Well you may not have lost them all, depends on what ms does. You can take solice in that competition is good, thos may inspire Sony to start a few more studios of thier own. I do invest in all the consoles, in the case of this gen, I sold my ps4 pro and xbox one x a month or 2 ago and they are paying for 65-70% of the new ones. If not I might have had to chose one for now.....

Hostile_18

Banned
I've been a PS fan all my life but I consider this a good thing. Competition is important to keep arrogant Sony aware of the fact that the can still lose their fanbase.

While I dont consider it a good thing its definitely the take away positive. Sony have been coasting it the last two years. Hopefully this gives them the kick they need. Sad that no company ever leans from its mistakes once it's on top 🙈

Name
‘We’

Do you have x box bed sheets?

Haha! When I created the account I had no idea the avatar would be the first letter of your username which is fitting in this case. If it was green it would be even better! :messenger_grinning_smiling:

I don't have Xbox bed sheets yet but after yesterday I might...look into that...:messenger_grinning_sweat:

Hey, Xbox players are allowed to be happy too, yesterday was amazeballs news and I'm still hyped up. The studios, the games, the possibilities of a New Vegas 2, remakes, MS capital being made available to them and what they could do/improve and more...:messenger_tears_of_joy:

It also cements any doubt there was about MS's commitment to the gaming division.

While I dont consider it a good thing its definitely the take away positive. Sony have been coasting it the last two years. Hopefully this gives them the kick they need. Sad that no company ever leans from its mistakes once it's on top 🙈
The Last Of Us 2, Ghost Of Tushima, Spider-Man, God Of War, Death Stranding hitting PS4 in the last two years is coasting ???

KaleidoscopicWebbedCockatiel-size_restricted.gif

GrayChild

Gold Member
With all the passive-aggressive, butthurt and downright hateful comments today, I realized that SSD actually stands for Salty Sony Drones.

And I'm not even an Xbox fan.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
They just spent 7.5 billion dollars purely to take games away from Playstation. Nothing for them will be different though.
Oh FFS, where were you when Sony moneyhated Final Fantasy and all the other dumb timed exclusives? That is literally the definition off spending money to keep games of another platform.

This here is an acquisition to build up internal development and bolster a great service. We don't even know if games will be kept exclusive or not. We sure as shit know if Sony had bought them that we would never see the games released elsewhere though.

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned
Fanboys before today:

"Microsoft has no exclusives. lol, no games. I'm going with Sony because of their god tier exclusives."

Fanboys after today:

"Microsoft is cancer. Stealing exclusives because they can't make their own. This kind of practice only hurts us, the gamers".

Today was, indeed, a good day.
Yesterday: Games should be on every platform, let everything be open!

Today: Xbox should keep all these Bethesda games exclusive!

Xbots awfully smug today, it's like Craig never happened. The good thing for Playstation gamers is that their platform is so big, and Microsoft has had to fork out so much the big games will on Playstation anyway because they need a ROI sometime in the next century.

Hostile_18

Banned
Microsoft banned you from buying any of their consoles or a PC?

They haven't but neither have they given me one free either 😉

Cost is a barrier to entry. If I was to spend more I'd rather have access to next content I didn't have access to before.

To play the Evil Within 3 say before it would of cost 49.99 now its 49.99 plus 450. It's not the end of the world but it's obvious why I'm not jumping for joy lol (if the exclusivity does indeed happen).

Last edited:
They haven't but neither have they given me one free either 😉

Cost is a barrier to entry. If I was to spend more I'd rather have access to next content I didn't have access to before.

To play the Evil Within 3 say before it would of cost 49.99 now its 49.99 plus 450. It's not the end of the world but it's obvious why I'm not jumping for joy lol (if the exclusivity does indeed happen).

Cost is a barrier of entry for everyone. You can choose to pay that cost just as you do for your system of choice. You haven’t lost access to anything, you just choose which door you want access to more.

Hostile_18

Banned
Cost is a barrier of entry for everyone. You can choose to pay that cost just as you do for your system of choice. You haven’t lost access to anything, you just choose which door you want access to more.

Of course but I'd argue Bethesda going first party is a loss for Playstation owners. Had they never been multi-platform then of course it wouldn't be.

The odd acquisition were all use to, but this is substantially more than that. If you wake up tomorrow to find 5 of your developers games may no longer be on your console of choice (all at once) you may feel a similar sentiment.

Of course we can all buy numerous machines but its not ideal for many of us for a variety of reasons. I have pre ordered a X Box today just to keep my options open, see how this all plays out.

Of course but I'd argue Bethesda going first party is a loss for Playstation owners. Had they never been multi-platform then of course it wouldn't be.

The odd acquisition were all use to, but this is substantially more than that. If you wake up tomorrow to find 5 of your developers games may no longer be on your console of choice (all at once) you may feel a similar sentiment.

Of course we can all buy numerous machines but its not ideal for many of us for a variety of reasons. I have pre ordered a X Box today just to keep my options open, see how this all plays out.
Well thankfully Xbox has presented a low cost entry barrier if you want to catch their games. A lot of people think it was stupid but look at how many people can now possibly get their PS5 of choice and now get a next gen Xbox a year or less later without breaking the bank. You don’t lose any PS5 capability and you also don’t have to drop $500 twice.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
If I’m SONY now I’m thinking about getting shooters, huge concern to SONY (Halo, Gears, Doom, Wolfenstein) so the console war rages on and it feels like M$ is finally involved.

Arachnid

Well it put it in terms you might be able to appreciate better, what if one day your suddenly unable to play multiple of your favorite game franchises without paying for a new console/Pc. Surely you'd feel a little bit miffed.
I get the feeling. Splinter Cell on VR has me shook. On the other hand, it also has me considering buying a VR headset and a better graphics card, so it's definitely having the impact they want.

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
Troll? Fuck off with that. If you don’t like it, pick up some extra hours at work or something so you can get whatever box you need to play games that interest you. Gaming side has been insufferable since the first Xbox event this year with PlayStation fanboys SOMEHOW becoming more obnoxious and annoying than PC fanboys (a feat I never thought possible). I don’t care if games become exclusive to any platform. Ill buy whatever I need to play what I want.

Fuck outta here with your “troll” comment. You don’t like it? Get some OT like I suggested or take it to the bartender, because I don’t wanna fucking hear it.

You don’t go 0 to 100 after dropping a baited quote, then proceed to blame “sides.”

Be the change you wish to see, not a part of the problem yourself. This goes for everyone. Dial back the overly emotional drama over vidya.

LOLCats

Banned
oh shit we're back to reset era, time to purge the pansies

but today was also a good day, looks like pretty much everyone that wanted an xbox got one.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Only people that buy a PS5 can play GoW, Uncharted, TLOU, etc. Exclusives are a thing that have been in the industry for decades. Wanna play Bethesda stuff now? Buy MS hardware, play on PC, or game stream on Game Pass Ultimate and Android or PC.

Those series were created by Sony studios, they've never been on any other platform. TES, Fallout, Doom, etc, are some of the biggest 3rd party franchises, and MS paid billions to (possibly) take them away from millions of gamers. It's not the same.

Last edited:

VAVA Mk2

Those series were created by Sony studios, they've never been on any other platform. TES, Fallout, Doom, etc, are some of the biggest 3rd party franchises, and MS paid billions to (possibly) take them away from millions of gamers. It's not the same.
Sorry. That's competition. I'm sure if Sony bought Konami like forums have been saying, Sony fans wouldn't feel bad.

Top Bottom