• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

To Celebrate 1 year since the launch of Dreams, Media Molecule created an entire show in Dreams

Miles708

I think what Media Molecule has done is genuinely amazing.
They've basically made an entire 1-hour E3 show, completely created and animated in Dreams.

It's also an excellent way to get a sense of what the community has created in this first year, with winners and nominations for a lot of categories: from gameplay to animation, from audio design to best streamer.

The first minutes are interviews, the "real" show starts at 45:00

gmab60.gif

3lA2vk9.jpg

hX79e4.gif

vbY1Xmv.png

6vbkYou.jpg

Even (awesome) Fake Ads

Sony might be still criminally ignoring Dreams, but I love how Media Molecule have gone all-in on this.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Fascinating. I still have yet to really dive in, but my kids are addicted to the LBP series, including the creation mode. I mentioned Dreams to my daughter and her eyes lit up. This will probably end up being one of our last PS4 games after the content has built up a bit more.

Miles708

What do you want Sony to be doing with it?
Market it on a very basic level, for example.
Giving it a bit of spotlight, ads, events, real estate on Playstation network. This is probably the most unique IP Sony has ever had, and they just don't care that much.

It's a shame the game has been associated with irritating marketing tactics and has annoyed everyone by now.
?

They should make a new celebrity deathmatch with these visuals.

tumblr_omijzkmHbe1tbcweeo1_400.gifv
Not gonna lie, this is not a bad idea actually.

Areiz

Banned
The time I've passed playing this it was pretty fun. And I can only wish for a future coming to pc for don't let this creative idea alone and forgotten

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
This game would definitely benefit from a PC release, I'm hoping it joins other PS games on their way to PC.

Dream-Knife

Banned
I picked this up during the beta phase back in mid 2019. There has been some really cool content, but in the last 6-9 months I’ve noticed less activity on there after some commotion on using IPs.

They need to patch keyboard and mouse support as the controller method is aggravating and unnecessarily difficult.

nikolino840

I picked this up during the beta phase back in mid 2019. There has been some really cool content, but in the last 6-9 months I’ve noticed less activity on there after some commotion on using IPs.

They need to patch keyboard and mouse support as the controller method is aggravating and unnecessarily difficult.
Need many many months or years...maybe some guys are improving the quality of their creations

TheMan

Dreams is an interesting concept I suppose but there is an inescapable problem- most people will either make shit games or highly derivative games. Even the best examples will probably only be as good as b-grade schlock you can buy in the Indie sale right now for a couple of bucks

Last edited:

Miles708

The creations regularly selected by Media Molecule are (quite honestly) increasingly impressive, nowhere near AAA clearly but still impressive.
Not to mention ongoing progress on existing games, like this one:

The only problem with Dreams is that it's a MASSIVE time sink. You fiddle with some options, tweak the gameplay, fix some bugs and somehow 3 months have passed.

As for the controls, I don't know honestly. I feel the game does good use of all the Dualshock features, to the point that it would not be so easy to replicate on PC without a lot of keyboard shortcuts. Makes sense on PC but on console... I'm really not so sure.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
It's a wonderful game/engine but it needs a serious learning curve to create, unlike LBP. I hope they continue to support it and make a PS5 version.

Top Bottom