• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

To back up PS5 saves I need to be a PS+ member?

jaysius

Banned
I prefer to support Sony not those dodgy websites.
Yea those mom and pop shops need every dime... FFS the shit you read on here, you made me laugh really hard, thank you internet stranger.

Those grey market sites pay Sony at some point, the codes are only valid because Sony created them.

Cloud saves just seem to be better implemented on Xbox. It’s always been a flawless experience and just happens in the background. Already on PS5 I’m getting cloud save conflict messages popping up in Miles Morales and in GoT I had to tell it to download my save from the cloud rather than it just happening.

Might just be the servers getting hit hard or something but hope it improves.

xrnzaaas

It's true though. I'm subbed until October 2023 so not availing of that offer otherwise I'd top up.
Good for you, if PS+ wasn't required for online play I'd cancel in a heartbeat. With PS5 they now have another thing to keep you hostage, because you're not allowed to backup saves on your own and if your console dies you're screwed.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Guys chill. Sony is a indie company they have to earn money somehow.

Freeman76

It's funny, Sony are lauded as gamers choice yet they pale in comparison to Ms in this regard. They are tight as fuck as proven by this kind of thing, their customer service is beyond pathetic as well. MS now have a 24/7 live chat support in comparison. Dont get me wrong, I'm not some brand loyal peetard, but credit where it's due, MS being on the backfoot has definitely benefitted us as consumers.

Kerotan

Yea those mom and pop shops need every dime... FFS the shit you read on here, you made me laugh really hard, thank you internet stranger.

Those grey market sites pay Sony at some point, the codes are only valid because Sony created them.
Yes and I'd rather pay Sony directly not these sites laundering money or using stolen credit cards to obtain codes to sell at half price.

Superbean

Neo Member
You can backup saves on ps5. I know it's difficulty to take a break from your negative attitudes toward ps5, but simply goto the backup menu, select saves, and bam, done.

Top Bottom