• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

To anyone thinking Bethesda games WILL BE ON PLAYSTATION OR ON NINTENDO NEED TO WATCH THE ROUND TABLE AND REWATCH IT AND REWATCH IT AND DO IT AGAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derktron

Banned
Okay, folks, let's get the crap out of the way, if anyone here is thinking that Microsoft allowed Xbox to buy a company like Bethdia for $7 billion that has many assets that are valuable and continue to make games for the competition like PlayStation and Nintendo clearly need to watch the round table 15 times and come back and tell me what the messaging means for you. Again imagine spending that much.....Just imagine how stupid and ignorant and laughable and so many insulting words I can't think of about Xbox maybe making games for PlayStation and Nintendo.................... Just imagine that. --- Now I will say this if it does happen where any game from Bethesda games other than the games that already out do come to PlayStation and Nintendo then Xbox is the biggest clown of the entire gaming industry more of a joke than EA buying Codemasters.

Watch it and keep doing and write it down, and keep watching and keep watching here & if you are too lazy to watch it ..... I'll even help you out. Start on 9:35 -- If you need help to understand go slow motion and put subtitles on to better help you understand because it seems that some have missed their mark on Xbox and Bethesda.

That is all.....Because dammit

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Okay, folks, let's get the crap out of the way, if anyone here is thinking that Microsoft allowed Xbox to buy a company like Bethdia for $7 billion that has many assets that are valuable and continue to make games for the competition like PlayStation and Nintendo clearly need to watch the round table 15 times and come back and tell me what the messaging means for you. Again imagine spending that much.....Just imagine how stupid and ignorant and laughable and so many insulting words I can't think of about Xbox maybe making games for PlayStation and Nintendo.................... Just imagine that. --- Now I will say this if it does happen where any game from Bethesda games other than the games that already out do come to PlayStation and Nintendo then Xbox is the biggest clown of the entire gaming industry more of a joke than EA buying Codemasters.

Watch it and keep doing and write it down, and keep watching and keep watching here & if you are too lazy to watch it ..... I'll even help you out. Start on 9:35 -- If you need help to understand go slow motion and put subtitles on to better help you understand because it seems that some have missed their mark on Xbox and Bethesda.

That is all.....Because dammit

Clearly they bought the company to get full exclusivity for those games, not to share them all and keep all these series multiplatform… period. We agree.

I guess what still rubs people the wrong way is that this was a move to take game series away from other platforms more than adding them to Xbox and in the case of DOOM you are talking about the series that defined word multiplatform in a way, the one that was ported everywhere/to all platforms ever.
On TES VI, I guess people that play on the couch on consoles (Xbox and PS, but not PC) they see a VR version out of scope now (until MS decided to push VR strongly for XSX, but you will agree it is unlikely to happen in the near to mid term) while you could have expected it on PSVR2 like you had Skyrim VR bad DOOM 3 VR which both played well (Skyrim VR does play very well with PS Move, think bows…). No, VR will require PC’s and the console only crowd that expressively wanted the easy to setup and maintain console experience have to consider a third platform or just skip VR on those titles 🤷‍♂️.

Last edited:

jakinov

The video is good support but the rest of your post isn’t so great. The emphasis on the $7.5B isn’t a strong point because you can use it to argue the opposite as well. For example do you really think Microsoft would spend a third of that to buy just one game for Xbox, just for it to release on Nintendo and PlayStation? Well they did. The large amount could be argued that they want their money back faster so they will at least eventually release everywhere.

with all that said I don’t think they will launch anything same day on PlayStation anymore but I don’t think we should rule out delayed releases for a quick buck.

Codes 208

The video is good support but the rest of your post isn’t so great. The emphasis on the $7.5B isn’t a strong point because you can use it to argue the opposite as well. For example do you really think Microsoft would spend a third of that to buy just one game for Xbox, just for it to release on Nintendo and PlayStation? Well they did. The large amount could be argued that they want their money back faster so they will at least eventually release everywhere.

with all that said I don’t think they will launch anything same day on PlayStation anymore but I don’t think we should rule out delayed releases for a quick buck.
Not to mention they spent $4b on Minecraft and the first thing they did was port it on every possible thing they could think of.

It would be monumentally stupid of Microsoft not to take advantage of the massive franchises they just bought, like, I would seriously question the intelligence of their xbox execs if they started porting these games to PS5.
Not to mention they spent $4b on Minecraft and the first thing they did was port it on every possible thing they could think of.
It already was on every platform and they confirmed nothing would change in the very press release they announced the acquisition on.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Minecrack was already pretty much on anything and it’s worldwide merchandising power was far different than a Bethesda rpg.

Withnail

Nope still not convinced. There will be some multiplatform Bethesda games but they will be free on Gamepass and full price on other platforms.

Edit: fwiw I don't care anyway, can't even remember the last Beth game I played, it was probably Doom, five years ago now. But I know people like those jank fest WRPGs.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Minecrack was already pretty much on anything and it’s worldwide merchandising power was far different than a Bethesda rpg.
Skyrim’s growth over Morrowind is also because Skyrim was pretty much on anything already… and Doom defined the “already on everything” phrase.
By your own argument Bethesda games should be multiplatform (Prey? Pretty much on anything too, Fallout? Same… what is the difference with Minecraft and Skyrim or DOOM?), you are hurting your own OP like this…

Last edited:

Cornbread78

But I'd like to play them on my PS5 and not my SeX. Fuck MS..

I never would have thought that,thanks for the PSA OP...

KaC8K1Q.gif

#shocking news.

The Bethesda games will be exclusive to Xbox.

Why would they spend a billion dollars just to give Sony the games for free? That doesn’t make much sense. It would be smart to at least make the games exclusives for the time being and see what they can do for the Xbox ecosystem first before throwing in the towel and giving the games to Sony.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Skyrim’s growth over Morrowind is also because Skyrim was pretty much on anything already… and Doom defined the “already on everything” phrase.
By your own argument Bethesda games should be multiplatform (Prey? Pretty much on anything too, Fallout? Same… what is the difference with Minecraft and Skyrim or DOOM?), you are hurting your own OP like this…

Mine craft was already on everything though. Star field will not be. Microsoft’s biggest complaint is they don’t have exclusives. minecraft was before gamepass, and now MS are on full a growth plan for that service. If you want starfield you either buy an Xbox or subscribe to gamepass on a device that supports it.

it’s really not that hard to see.

Starfield has the potential to be one of the biggest games in the last 10 years and all eyes will be all over it. So all eyes will be all over game pass.

I actually can’t believe this conversation is still happening😂

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Er nobody thinks that, I've resigned myself to not playing the next Elder Scrolls on my ps5 as has pretty much everyone else

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
As long as they don't touch ESO, me and those who play that game with me on PS are good.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Mine craft was already on everything though. Star field will not be. Microsoft’s biggest complaint is they don’t have exclusives. minecraft was before gamepass, and now MS are on full a growth plan for that service. If you want starfield you either buy an Xbox or subscribe to gamepass on a device that supports it.

it’s really not that hard to see.

Starfield has the potential to be one of the biggest games in the last 10 years and all eyes will be all over it. So all eyes will be all over game pass.

I actually can’t believe this conversation is still happening😂
I am agreeing with you, but you are not reading what I wrote like at all which explains why you seem to think this conversation is happening. Anyways, congrats another “remember people, MS bought Bethesda” thread on the front page (with a bonus GamePass plug) ;).

Starfield is brand new, I was not even commenting about it. You know this, I was not writing riddles there :p.

Last edited:
J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Xbox is pretty good this time around, I’m definitely getting a series x as soon as I can get it for retail. So many scalpers, sigh.
Agree. I'm all for getting an Xbox when it's easily available. I don't mind future Bethesda games being on the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom