• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TMNT - The Last Ronin Comic

Labolas

Definitely recommend reading Last Ronin. One spoiler I'm thinking is going to be revealed is that
Hiroto is Casey and Karai's son
I guess reading to issue 100 would be like finishing the series. 101 and beyond is a completely different book. It becomes a shitty YA book.
Perfect way to not hurt your enjoyment of the series.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I thought about getting this, but I don't know. I guess I could buy it digitally. I just don't want to store it anywhere. TMNT are my favorite comic characters.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Print copies are easily available now, if that is preferable to you. Each issue is larger and wider than a typical comic, so the art really gets a chance to shine.

Edit: oh, you dont want to store it. Got it. Digital is definitely a good option then.

Last edited:

sol_bad

A bit off topic but the people above complaining about the ongoing TMNT comic. Does the book really get bad after #100 or do these people just hate the idea of a trans woman writing the book?

Elcid

Banned
A bit off topic but the people above complaining about the ongoing TMNT comic. Does the book really get bad after #100 or do these people just hate the idea of a trans woman writing the book?
I coincidentally stopped reading right before which is when the City At War storyline started, which lands me around issue 93 I believe. It just kinda kept getting weaker and weaker after the Invasion of the Triceratons. Oh and I had no idea a trans anything was writing it, I never give a shit to look into the writers.

Last edited:

sol_bad

I coincidentally stopped reading right before which is when the City At War storyline started, which lands me around issue 93 I believe. It just kinda kept getting weaker and weaker after the Invasion of the Triceratons. Oh and I had no idea a trans anything was writing it, I never give a shit to look into the writers.

So even before Sophie took over it started dipping down. That is a bit sad to hear, I only have up to hardcover 5 but I'll probably keep getting them beyond issue 100. I couldn't bear not having a complete set. Also, the book could improve again, I couldn't disregard a book if it has 93 good issues and 20 bad issues for example, the good still outweighs the bad. The next writer might take what was bad about those issues and make them seem great.

No, the book really gets that bad. It doesn’t even feel like a TMNT book anymore. It feels like some sort of YA furry comic now. I can’t wait for Sophie Campbell to leave this comic.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
The second issue kicked ass. It kept the pace and looked great doing it.
The only way this book really suffers is in it's comparison to Frank Miller's work. It's hard to ignore, given the reverence for his material and the obvious easter eggs. That said, a lot of stuff suffers in comparison to Frank Miller, and I partially regret even mentioning it, because this really is a great book. The best part is it has just enough of that Mirage flavor.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Issue #3 drops tomorrow. Here is a link to preview:

BKF3ey4.jpg

5Xo9ssS.jpg

Also, for anyone still looking for a first print of issue #1, I can't recommend this site enough. Ebay prices for issue #1, first prints, are way above the $20 they are asking for this dope variant. They even happened to send me an extra copy, free of charge, so I'm happy to plug them:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
So expected.
Rather fitting though. Not only was he the first TMNT ever created, but he was chosen because he fits the story Kevin Eastman is attempting to tell.
I can see what you mean, if you think that was just an easy way to subvert expectations, but I think it comes down to more than just that.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
So expected.
I think what ever Turtle they choose people would say that is obvious.

Leonardo - of course he is the leader of the group transformed from the norm by the nuclear goop
Raph - Of course it is Raph he is the toughest and roughest
Don - Makes sense it was Don since hi brain beats his brawn.
Mike - Mike is the most reasonable since he is the most readable.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Do yourself a solid and pick this book up. Easily the best TMNT story in decades if you ask me.

Raven117

Gold Member
I dunno, I feel like the Last Ronin would be
Leo or Ralph...Ralph being the absolute super obvious one, but Leo would be great as a fallen leader....punished Leo

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I dunno, I feel like the Last Ronin would be
Leo or Ralph...Ralph being the absolute super obvious one, but Leo would be great as a fallen leader....punished Leo
Punished Leo sounds rad, but The story still has some pretty cool Leo moments

Top Bottom