• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TLOU Remake: I know it absolutely not fair to PS3 original, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
You have to buy me one month of GAF Gold for every time you write “cuz”!

Hungry Fast And Furious GIF by The Fast Saga

FunkMiller

Gold Member
The fact the game has sold poorly is all the evidence I need that Sony have been too greedy with a cosmetic remake of a ten year old game.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Despite the technical proficiency of Bluepoint, its remake is borderline a travesty to the original game’s art direction and overall atmosphere. It comes nowhere close to the eternal masterpiece From created back in 2009 that was just a continuation of the their King’s Field work.
Сalling Bluepoint's work a travesty is at the very least an insult which is completely unjustified. What Bluepoint did is different and objectively miles better than what From did in original - which is basically nothing resembling original vision of concept artists. If there's something to blame, it's trash engine they've used even while working on Dark Souls. Dark Souls III is THE definitive version of what their art and art design team did and I can't say the same about original Demon's Souls and Dark Souls.

What you call cut and paste I call a vision. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I'm not calling it "cut and paste", what makes you think so? I've played all From games starting with original Demon's Souls and imho, what they've tried to do with Demon's Souls they only fully realised in Dark Souls III when it comes to art, art design and gameplay as well. Imho Dark Souls III is the best game in the series and I've enjoyed playing it the most after playing and finishing each game (except Kings Field) before it 4-5 times.

Engine they've used in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls is trash and you just objectively can't fully realise art and art design on a scale and detail their concept artist envisioned, Dark Souls III changed all that.

I guess we can agree to disagree on this and respect each others opinion at least.

The fact the game has sold poorly is all the evidence I need that Sony have been too greedy with a cosmetic remake of a ten year old game.
It is for sure a hard sell for some people, especially cuz it is not a new game. But something tells me that they weren't expecting much of a success sales wise, not when it comes to oldtimes like us who was there at the launch of original game back in 2013. Their primary targets with this remake were hardrore fans and new people who haven't played original game.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
It is for sure a hard sell for some people, especially cuz it is not a new game. But something tells me that they weren't expecting much of a success sales wise, not when it comes to oldtimes like us who was there at the launch of original game back in 2013. Their primary targets with this remake were hardrore fans and new people who haven't played original game.

And they would have sold a lot more at 40 than they did at 70. That's just about the right price point for a game like this. But they were greedy, and it sold poorly.

Hugare

How animations (which are not terrible by any means) can make this Remake look worse is beyond me.
It's beyond you, then

Animations, both in cutscenes and gameplay is what really impressed graphically in every Naughty Dog game since Uncharted 1

There were games that looked better than Uncharted 2 during that era. But I dare to say that no other game matched its animations.

Hell, Part II. Its doing almost nothing extraordinary techwise (compared to other top tier games), but animation is what makes it look really impressive. Nothing else. Its top of the class, unmatched.

Plague Tale, for example, is impressive technically. But animation wise its AA tier, hurting the overrall presentation a lot.

I've played TLOU more than 7 times since the original release, and I can safely say that they havent changed at least 95% of the original animations.

As good as animations were upon release, they arent nowhere near Part II in quality and it shows.

So animations are waay more important for the presentation than you are suggesting in your post

EDIT: And you dont know what you are talking about the mocap, man.
Actors havent recorded every animation in the game, especially during combat.
In every game, tons of gameplay animations are either recorded by hand or stunt doubles.
If you think that Nolan North recorded every Nathan Drake move in Uncharted, I have a bridge to sell you.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Animations, both in cutscenes and gameplay is what really impressed graphically in every Naughty Dog game since Uncharted 1
I can't agree with you here, I forced myself to finish this game, but it had to be done for reasons and now I can safely say that it is the worst game in the series almost in all aspects.

Hell, Part II. Its doing almost nothing extraordinary techwise (compared to other top tier games)
Yes it does and there's no other game on the marked that matches it visually still and especially in the same genre, same time period and with a focus on realism. Same goes for Uncharted 4 and The Lost Legacy.

Plague Tale, for example, is impressive technically. But animation wise its AA tier, hurting the overrall presentation a lot.
Maybe a lot for you, but for others it's far from being the main selling point and it should't be.

I've played TLOU more than 7 times since the original release, and I can safely say that they havent changed at least 95% of the original animations.

As good as animations were upon release, they arent nowhere near Part II in quality and it shows.
Could not care less about this tbh. As to why that is and why they didn't change it completely I already explained in a way I see it.

So animations are waay more important fort he presentation than you are suggesting in your post
Again, for you, can't see anyone else here complaining about it so much.

Last edited:
Speaking of hyperbole, just bumped into this: https://www.eurogamer.net/digitalfo...-get-a-ray-tracing-upgrade-and-its-incredible

This guy’s hard-on for raytracing, man…
If you were playing an old Dreamcast game and someone managed to upgrade that game with ray tracing features, and suddenly it looked like it jumped 2-3 generations ahead in graphics from that alone, would you not feel the same? I would. I wouldn't shut up about it. I would be dreaming that one day all older 3d games(especially Xbox360/PS3 gen) have those ray tracing upgrades.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I.... don't think I want to play original TLOU but with RT features alone, it won't make the game look good and it's pointless in my eyes without all the work ND put into PS5 remake or Bluepoint with Demon's Souls.

Sure, I'm also all for adding RT to some very stylized games (when it comes to art and art design) that are still look great today without RT in 4K and beyond (POP 2008 for example), but to add RT to say original Uncharted or Resistance without doing much else...? Um, no thank you. I would kill for Killzone 1-3 remakes for PS5 though, even without RT.

Last edited:

lachesis

I love the game, but I have PS3 ver, and PS4 remaster. May get PS5 ver when it's like $4.99 later on.
It's a story driven game, and I already have seen the story for several times.

And it's a "rebuilt" not a "remake". It's just exactly same game with fresh coat of paint. Game itself hasn't changed.
So basically "rebuilt" is a very sly way of describing "it's different, but same, but still different" of a remastering a remaster with better assets.
I don't think TLOU should be called true remake - because true remakes do contain new takes, often quite different from the original et al. Especially in story department too.
Sure, techincaly they "remade" the whole game from ground up - in a sense of making a duplicate of original.

Say RE2: Remake. It followed similar storyline, but the whole experience felt entirely new in totally different perspective. Now, I call it a good "remake".

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
And it's a "rebuilt" not a "remake". It's just exactly same game with fresh coat of paint. Game itself hasn't changed.
That's exactly what Remake is - complete rebuild of the game from the ground up without changing narrative and gameplay for the most part.

What Capcom did with RE2 is reimagined original material, improved and changed gameplay along with camera perspective, added new content, changed the story and improved character work - most of this stuff is not needed in TLOU at all, hense it's not there. Dead Space 2 is also reimagening cuz they're changing and adding stuff incl. cut content. TLOU for PS5 is a Remake, not reimagening of original material, same goes for Diablo 2 remake, Shadow of the Colossus and Demon's Souls.

Anyway. Here's more comparisons:
ND obviously massively upgraded character models in cinematicas, but same goes for facial animations and these are not exact same cinematics, they've also changed camera placements, envoronments etc. In original you can barely notice what characters feel on their face and in their eyes, not to mention that some expressinons just do not match their mood etc. and the difference between original and remake is enormous. Idk if cinematics are rendered in realtime in-game, but something tells me that they are not cuz you can't remove characters in Photo Mode. If someone knows for sure that they're rendered in realtime and not huge uncompressed 4K files, then please correct me. I guess the only way to check is in NG+ with changed outfits, but I think it's pointless tbh.

Last edited:

lachesis

That's exactly what Remake is - complete rebuild of the game from the ground up without changing narrative and gameplay for the most part.

What Capcom did with RE2 is reimagined original material, improved and changed gameplay along with camera perspective, added new content, changed the story and improved character work - most of this stuff is not needed in TLOU at all, hense it's not there. Dead Space 2 is also reimagening cuz they're changing and adding stuff incl. cut content. TLOU for PS5 is a Remake, not reimagening of original material, same goes for Diablo 2 remake, Shadow of the Colossus and Demon's Souls.

Anyway. Here's more comparisons:
ND obviously massively upgraded character models in cinematicas, but same goes for facial animations and these are not exact same cinematics, they've also changed camera placements, envoronments etc. Idk if cinematics are rendered in realtime n-game, but something tells me that they are not cuz you can't remove characters in Photo Mode. If someone knows for sure that they're rendered in realtime and not huge uncompressed 4K files, then please correct me. I guess the only way to check is in NG+ with changed outfits, but I think it's pointless tbh.

That's really the point. Other than prettier graphics, what else does it offer for me...? (For that reason, I didn't buy Shadow of Colossus)

Okay, then let's take another superior remake for example... say Resident Evil remake on Game Cube.
It had entirely new systems (like those fast zombies) and different takes to make things feeling like a brand new, much more polished game. (Albeit it did lose some B humor ;)) I played original RE1 on PSX so many times - and even a vet like myself had ton of stuff that I would enjoy thanks to their effort.

Ultimately TLOU Rebuilt/Remake seems to be really missing in that department to warrant a full price from me. In my humble opinion, I really don't care if they spent millions dollars on rebuilding existing game that I played multiple times, just to make it prettier (and it was already pretty enough to my eyes on both PS3 and PS4 Pro) - so that's where we differ in opinion, but I respect your take too... but in the end, it's a personal decision.

If I somehow lose all my memory of playing TLOU... oh yeah. In that case, I'll pay full price. ;) Wait, I'm a cheap ass gamer, so I will probably wait a bit for $49.99 or less. :)

Last edited:

EruditeHobo

Yes because when they release 4K remasters of movies they charge you less.

This phenomenon is entirely an online gamer thing. You are free to skip the game, it’s not really meant for people who have already played it but they can jump onboard if they wish.

Yeah, seriously just a bunch of entitled, myopic whining. Sad.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Okay, then let's take another superior remake for example... say Resident Evil remake on Game Cube.
It had entirely new systems (like those fast zombies) and different takes to make things feeling like a brand new, much more polished game. (Albeit it did lose some B humor ;)) I played original RE1 on PSX so many times - and even a vet like myself had ton of stuff that I would enjoy thanks to their effort.
I haven't played original RE1-3, so I'm in no position to compare them to remakes, but Game Cube remake is one of my favorite RE games. Hopefully, I will say the same about RE4 remake cuz tbh I don't really like original game - to me it's not a true RE experience like Game Cube and RE2 remakes are which are way closer to what I love about RE and survival horror genre. I also like RE3 remake but that's a whole other conversation, many people don't like it and I do understand why, but to me it's a nice addition to an already amazing RE2 remake.
Ultimately TLOU Rebuilt/Remake seems to be really missing in that department to warrant a full price from me. In my humble opinion, I really don't care if they spent millions dollars on rebuilding existing game that I played multiple times, just to make it prettier (and it was already pretty enough to my eyes on both PS3 and PS4 Pro) - so that's where we differ in opinion, but I respect your take too... but in the end, it's a personal decision.
Um, but where I said that PS5 remake warrants $70 price tag? I said that remake was 100% need and the reason for this is that original game (imho) simply do not stand the test of time anymore (you can see why on my comparisons). Their main target with $70 price tag are people who haven't played the game at all, be it original from 2013 or 2014s "remaster". It's a very though sell at $70 to me personally cuz I already bought and played original and "remaster" multiple times, hence I only paid ~$23 for new copy via trade-in. Now... do you think $23 is also too much?:messenger_smiling:

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Well now, here's an interesting discovery. I do remember spore clouds in TLOU2 being really cool looking (in comparison to almost complete lack of them in original TLOU - it has this very bright grey fog effect which is completely unrealistic), but after playing TLOU remake and seeing just how effin thick spore clouds are in it even to the point that light from the flashlight can't even go through them fully and stops at + - 30cm from Joel... Not only that, but flashlights in TLOU remake can also light up spores around in the room (same goes when Ellie uses her flashlight) and spores react to the light even in fairly well lit rooms, so it's not an exclusive effect for dark environments and rooms only.

Light from the flashlight also losing luminosity when it goes through the clouds and does not light up environment all that well. It's not happening everywhere mind you cuz the amount of thickness of the spore clouds varies from place to place, but never the less there's nothing like it in TLOU2. In TLOU2 spore clouds after my testing visually look thick and there's aforementione sigarette smoke effect, but in reality the light from the flashlight can easily go through and light up the room waaaaay further and way more easily, where as in TLOU remake it just stops hard and barely lights up what's further from Joel in some places. I really, really hope that ND will updated TLOU2 to the same level of quality for PS5 and will make already amazing looking game even better.

I've made a few screenhosts to show exactly what I mean:
vPQgOAW.jpg
bxrX7b9.jpg

CJ6titD.jpg

wTDV8g5.jpg

cEmDtXR.jpg
rtCud5h.png
J0c1gvv.jpg
CVN4ONv.jpg
ozeatCt.jpg

Last edited:

OCASM

Banned
Demon's Souls seems like a better example of updating PS3 games. 👀
Nah, they changed the artstyle too much. Not as bad as the SotC remake though.

Yeap, this debate is not going anywhere. Despite the technical proficiency of Bluepoint, its remake is borderline a travesty to the original game’s art direction and overall atmosphere. It comes nowhere close to the eternal masterpiece From created back in 2009 that was just a continuation of the their King’s Field work.

What you call cut and paste I call a vision. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Agreed.

Say RE2: Remake. It followed similar storyline, but the whole experience felt entirely new in totally different perspective. Now, I call it a good "remake".
Other than the visuals it's inferior to the original in every way.

lachesis

Other than the visuals it's inferior to the original in every way.

Unfortunately I disagree. Even though I loved original RE2, I will take new gameplay of RE2 Remake any day, thanks to the 3rd person perspective and better control scheme. (It's really difficult to go back to tank control for me at least.) Another cosmetic upgrade it may be - but also sound wise, also quite leaps and bound beyond, actually adds alot to the whole experience.
More detailed dismemberment of the body parts is also much more crucial. Very well thought out game. Sure, some content got cutout, but overall - I do believe it's a superior remake of the original RE2 as whole.
However if you think RE2 on PS2 is better than Remake.. then that's that and I respect your opinion - because it is indeed a masterpiece of that time.

Same goes to RE1 on PS1 vs RE1 Remake on GC. Graphical change is one thing, but I also think it made the whole game so much better on every front... albeit it lost some B-horror charm and funnier voice acting.

Yeah but now it's 'on sale' for what it should've cost in the first place. Now that it's been months and is going on sale I don't want to pay that price either. Now I want to get it for $30.

OCASM

Banned
Unfortunately I disagree. Even though I loved original RE2, I will take new gameplay of RE2 Remake any day, thanks to the 3rd person perspective and better control scheme. (It's really difficult to go back to tank control for me at least.) Another cosmetic upgrade it may be - but also sound wise, also quite leaps and bound beyond, actually adds alot to the whole experience.
More detailed dismemberment of the body parts is also much more crucial. Very well thought out game. Sure, some content got cutout, but overall - I do believe it's a superior remake of the original RE2 as whole.
However if you think RE2 on PS2 is better than Remake.. then that's that and I respect your opinion - because it is indeed a masterpiece of that time.

Same goes to RE1 on PS1 vs RE1 Remake on GC. Graphical change is one thing, but I also think it made the whole game so much better on every front... albeit it lost some B-horror charm and funnier voice acting.
I'll never forgive what they did to Ada's character.

lachesis

I'll never forgive what they did to Ada's character.

That one is a good point. It's a definite retcon version of Ada Wong as a character, but I guess I kinda got over and it seems more in line with post RE4 Ada... so personally, I didn't expect much nor was bothered too much. Then again, it's been decades since I last played RE2 original, so maybe one day I will give a shot.

She looked real hot though, in Remake though. ;)

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Summer section of the game is finally complete:messenger_downcast_sweat:

m1hVoIrU1jgVLPWyRZw3v225uRFTr2wf_EZLb5KOfaVKmBn66XcdCNB2FDKJY-tcNaBlwFNGWM0VLHgtzAyaO00MNAOD5uSEk0VNXdNdb-H7AvoxaqXNYOSoj1DEgW4A1Z7C5MAqlW5JcqPX9kQgipubA-Kppkq2FDjHF0B2J5-vy94UBmBZD0DUkvSsMBYxiQ1PrpB2TATew65iJZsXEnoisVVvzgUzUgKWUzAkVoogKrEItvFjdb232LMpaHGzB3Wk5x2Cgqt2Wd5EsTEjtAV5IUbH3N1h47gvBnYvbG4BzbmFMV0FC4IDvP5K4fHcTgjfy5-AfFdI6fCVsst9WS81aqUXOjWBPHhR2vFAXCz_hoFacr0OeUFVscvksmm0ZPUhXChNJ8fOFsuygGA9LiwfEQh_lI532O_6gJYrF85BTgSeMopt3B5IYSBVLnYNhI-if1q6AX5_CKfG7o-opU5uplo3y24vcKyPnRw2D9Ym4X90Dffm_TrxVuT26qTh12kBh7w3nM8geXPi9ny-EH0UqEEKiSknLR8GMHSwcSEb2Ln-lGt9ruQ3GugUuV9N_Fbrp3NZ8V3_Gm1-5U5kVOgAvztGO7FIQjGw-J92C-0JHOw7sCoD5HXLzb4E5gzHJ_h58rqn-CjOQ2oRyGXtgK1Q0dwbZpu9ibg4YfDNPy4lt9MSuP6a6tTzvJRiWuPqzD09IGC1cYL466bkjoGHjz5mPZDo1IZaFjeL8oBTa8dPSnHXIkpxfj8r2kSN_eQPbATiji4gwCbPaIgP5e3sQGyzeVQmajStrwJivL-0pg8SLkUNNyW7VTFarwByHKxREVR42giajhSP4QnOyak6pYokChjHJpGstFup0lYF_8o-9-NN9Q6bHkT6RHHSzDE4IwisXwzkOLVDoE4wGkr8W9VFgMiYFlIT4oPFoATmGpVcgBJyKjIdGQINesaYiEvRh4O3UQfiw1KwzSil9g=w274-h500-no

65) https://imgsli.com/MTM5NDEz
66) https://imgsli.com/MTM5NDE0
67) https://imgsli.com/MTM5NDE1
68) https://imgsli.com/MTM5NDE2
69) https://imgsli.com/MTM5NDE3
71) https://imgsli.com/MTM5NDE4
72) https://imgsli.com/MTM5NDE5
73) https://imgsli.com/MTM5NDIw
74) https://imgsli.com/MTM5NDIx
75) https://imgsli.com/MTM5NDIy
76) https://imgsli.com/MTM5NDMy
77) https://imgsli.com/MTM5NDIz
78) https://imgsli.com/MTM5NDI3
79) https://imgsli.com/MTM5NDI4
80) https://imgsli.com/MTM5NDI5
81) https://imgsli.com/MTM5NDMw
82) https://imgsli.com/MTM5NDMx
83) https://imgsli.com/MTM5NDI1
84) https://imgsli.com/MTM5NDI0
85) https://imgsli.com/MTM5NDI2
86) https://imgsli.com/MTM5NDMz
87) https://imgsli.com/MTM5NDM0
88) https://imgsli.com/MTM5NDM1
89) https://imgsli.com/MTM5NDM2
90) https://imgsli.com/MTM5NjIz
91) https://imgsli.com/MTM5NjI0
92) https://imgsli.com/MTM5NjI1
93) https://imgsli.com/MTM5NjI2
94) https://imgsli.com/MTM5NjI3
95) https://imgsli.com/MTM5NjI5
96) https://imgsli.com/MTM5ODcy
97) https://imgsli.com/MTM5ODcz
98) https://imgsli.com/MTM5ODc2
99) https://imgsli.com/MTM5ODc4
101) https://imgsli.com/MTM5ODc5
102) https://imgsli.com/MTM5ODgw
103) https://imgsli.com/MTM5ODgx
104) https://imgsli.com/MTM5ODgz
105) https://imgsli.com/MTM5ODg0
106) https://imgsli.com/MTM5ODg2
107) https://imgsli.com/MTM5ODg3
108) https://imgsli.com/MTM5ODg4
109) https://imgsli.com/MTM5ODg5
110) https://imgsli.com/MTM5ODky
111) https://imgsli.com/MTM5ODkz
112) https://imgsli.com/MTM5ODk1
113) https://imgsli.com/MTM5ODk2
114) https://imgsli.com/MTM5ODk3
115) https://imgsli.com/MTM5ODk5
116) https://imgsli.com/MTQwMTQ0
117) https://imgsli.com/MTQwMTQ1
118) https://imgsli.com/MTQwMTQ2
119) https://imgsli.com/MTQwMTQ3
120) https://imgsli.com/MTQwMTQ5
121) https://imgsli.com/MTQwMTUw
122) https://imgsli.com/MTQwMTUx
123) https://imgsli.com/MTQwNzUw
124) https://imgsli.com/MTQwNzUx
125) https://imgsli.com/MTQwNzUy
126) https://imgsli.com/MTQwNzUz
127) https://imgsli.com/MTQwNzU0
128) https://imgsli.com/MTQwNzU1
129) https://imgsli.com/MTQwNzU2
130) https://imgsli.com/MTQwNzU4
131) https://imgsli.com/MTQwNzYw
132) https://imgsli.com/MTQwNzYy
133) https://imgsli.com/MTQwNzY4
134) https://imgsli.com/MTQwNzcw
135) https://imgsli.com/MTQwODcw
136) https://imgsli.com/MTQwODcx
137) https://imgsli.com/MTQwODcy
138) https://imgsli.com/MTQwODcz
139) https://imgsli.com/MTQwODc0
140) https://imgsli.com/MTQwODc2
141) https://imgsli.com/MTQwODc3
142) https://imgsli.com/MTQwODc4
143) https://imgsli.com/MTQwODc5
144) https://imgsli.com/MTQwODgw
145) https://imgsli.com/MTQwODgx
146) https://imgsli.com/MTQwODgy
147) https://imgsli.com/MTQwODg2
148) https://imgsli.com/MTQwODg3
149) https://imgsli.com/MTQwODg5
150) https://imgsli.com/MTQwODkw
151) https://imgsli.com/MTQwODkz
152) https://imgsli.com/MTQwODk0
153) https://imgsli.com/MTQwODk1
154) https://imgsli.com/MTQwODk2
155) https://imgsli.com/MTQwODk4
156) https://imgsli.com/MTQwODk5
157) https://imgsli.com/MTQwOTAw
158) https://imgsli.com/MTQwOTAx
159) https://imgsli.com/MTQwOTAy
160) https://imgsli.com/MTQwOTAz
161) https://imgsli.com/MTQwOTA0
162) https://imgsli.com/MTQwOTA1
163) https://imgsli.com/MTQwOTA2
164) https://imgsli.com/MTQwOTA3
165) https://imgsli.com/MTQwOTA4
166) https://imgsli.com/MTQwOTA5
167) https://imgsli.com/MTQwOTEw

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
So, after playing through all Summer section of the game, I can safely say that ND changed things around a bit for some combat encounters. Take old sewers for example, which you're exploring with Henry and Sam after escape from Pittsburgh. I sure as shit don't remember Stalkers being there after you have no choice but to protect Sam and meet up with Henry and Ellie. I've played original game at least 6 times over the years and I do remember that there were only Runners moving and Clickers, but in remake there's only Stalkers there (I think...?), which completely changes this section gameplay-wise.

See, before that it wasn't so easy to go with completely stealth route cuz Runners were roaming around everywhere and can easily detect you if you're not careful, but Stalkers do not attack you outright unless you spotted them or actively pursuing them, so they mostly hiding from you as much as they can. So, I ended up killing most of them with a bow in Remake without much problems, so it is much more stealth friendly section now if you decide to go with this route. Also, it could take at least a couple of years for infection to get to the Stalker stage, so in Remake you actually can tell how many years have passed since all those people were infected in the sewers, which you can't do in original game cuz there were Runners and Stalkers and pretty much the whole complex was closed before Joel & Co. came in.

Years of infection between these two stages are much bigger and it should be + - the same to pinpoint the date considering context and narrative written for this section. I mean, most people probably won't even notice all these changes, but I think it's cool that ND did that, cuz they could just leave it as is and forget about it. Also, the more I'm playing the more I'm starting to notice some imperfection with animations (which weren't in original game), physics glitches and some areas out of a bitten path are not polished enough. I think they should't have abandoned the game after launch and fixed all this stuff.

Last edited:
'dozens sold!'...

btw: don't all the 'new people' who own a ps5 with playstation plus get a copy of the last of us remastered for free? not really sure why they'd want to cough up for a new full-price copy, either...

Ar¢tos

'dozens sold!'...

btw: don't all the 'new people' who own a ps5 with playstation plus get a copy of the last of us remastered for free? not really sure why they'd want to cough up for a new full-price copy, either...
Nearly every ps5 sold in my country for the past 2 months is force-bundling, at least, Tlou Part1 (usually paired with the new Horizon), assuming other EU countries are doing the same ,I would expect "sales numbers" to massively increase when they release them again early 2023.

Filben

Those screenshots remind me of how much I was in awe when playing it on PS3 the first time. This looks so dope for the time being on that hardware back then.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Those screenshots remind me of how much I was in awe when playing it on PS3 the first time. This looks so dope for the time being on that hardware back then.
Yeah, some (not all) pre-rendered character models (quality of which varies btw, depending on what's happening etc.) look exceptionaly good for the time and even today. It's still baffls me though that they didn't include realtime cutscenes in "Remaster" - PS4 is more than powerful enough to run them in realtime.
If you think this is impressive, just imagine how awesome the $80 remake on PS6 will be.
There's no need to remake anything now, they just need to add RTGI and RT shadows to TLOU1-2, but I highly doubt that PS5 Pro will be able to handle them at 4K without visual compromises - they need to save this upgrade for PS6 and sell the whole trilogy for $70.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Fall and Left Behind (in chronilogical order):messenger_downcast_sweat:
xIiVIWM.jpg

FALL:

168)
https://imgsli.com/MTQwOTEx
169) https://imgsli.com/MTQxMjEx
170) https://imgsli.com/MTQxMjE5
171) https://imgsli.com/MTQxMjIx
172) https://imgsli.com/MTQxMjIy
173) https://imgsli.com/MTQxMjIz
174) https://imgsli.com/MTQxMjI0
175) https://imgsli.com/MTQxMjI4
176) https://imgsli.com/MTQxMjMw
178) https://imgsli.com/MTQxMjMy
179) https://imgsli.com/MTQxMjMz
180) https://imgsli.com/MTQxMjM0
181) https://imgsli.com/MTQxMjM3
182) https://imgsli.com/MTQxMjM5
183) https://imgsli.com/MTQxMjQx
184) https://imgsli.com/MTQxMjQy
185) https://imgsli.com/MTQxMjQz
186) https://imgsli.com/MTQxMjQ1
187) https://imgsli.com/MTQxMjQ2
188) https://imgsli.com/MTQxMjQ4
189) https://imgsli.com/MTQxMjUw
190) https://imgsli.com/MTQxMjUz
191) https://imgsli.com/MTQxMjU3
192) https://imgsli.com/MTQxMjU5
193) https://imgsli.com/MTQxMjYx
194) https://imgsli.com/MTQxMjYy
195) https://imgsli.com/MTQxMjYz
196) https://imgsli.com/MTQxMjY0
197) https://imgsli.com/MTQxMjY2
198) https://imgsli.com/MTQxMjY3
199) https://imgsli.com/MTQxMjY4
200) https://imgsli.com/MTQxMjcw
201) https://imgsli.com/MTQxMjcx
202) https://imgsli.com/MTQxMjcy
203) https://imgsli.com/MTQxMjc0
204) https://imgsli.com/MTQxMjc1
205) https://imgsli.com/MTQxMjc3
206) https://imgsli.com/MTQxMjc5
207) https://imgsli.com/MTQxMjgx
208) https://imgsli.com/MTQxMjgy
209) https://imgsli.com/MTQxODky
210) https://imgsli.com/MTQxODk0
211) https://imgsli.com/MTQxODk2
212) https://imgsli.com/MTQxODk3
213) https://imgsli.com/MTQxODk4
214) https://imgsli.com/MTQxODk5
215) https://imgsli.com/MTQxOTAw
216) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNDg0
217) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNDg2
218) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNDg3
219) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNDg4
220) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNDg5
221) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNDkw
222) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNDkx
223) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNDky
224) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNDk0
225) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNDk1
226) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNDk2
227) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNDk3

wzS45dh.jpg

LEFT BEHIND:

228)
https://imgsli.com/MTQyNTEz
229) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNTE2
230) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNTE3
231) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNTE4
232) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNTIw
233) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNTIx
234) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNTIy
235) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNTIz
236) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNTI0
237) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNTI1
238) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNTI2
239) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNTI3
240) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNTI5
241) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNTMw
242) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNTMy
243) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNTMz
244) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNTM0
245) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNTM1
246) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNTM2
247) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNTM3
248) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNTM4
249) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNTQw
250) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNTQy
251) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNTQ1
252) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNTQ2
253) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNTUw
254) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNTUx
255) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNTUz
256) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNTU0
257) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNTU1
258) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNTU5
259) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNzM1
260) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNzM2
261) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNzM3
262) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNzM5
263) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNzQx
264) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNzQy
265) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNzQz
266) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNzQ0
267) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNzQ1
268) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNzQ2
269) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNzQ3
270) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNzQ4
271) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNzQ5
272) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNzUw
273) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNzUx
274) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNzUz
275) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNzU1
276) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNzU2
277) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNzU3
278) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNzU5
279) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNzYw
280) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNzYx
281) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNzYy
282) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNzYz
283) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNzY2
284) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNzY3
285) https://imgsli.com/MTQyODA0
286) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNzY5
287) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNzcw
288) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNzcx
289) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNzcy
290) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNzcz
291) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNzc0
292) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNzc1
293) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNzc2
294) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNzc3
295) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNzc4
296) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNzc5
297) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNzgx
298) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNzgy
299) https://imgsli.com/MTQyNzg0

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I can't wait to check PC version as well and in native 4K and with DLSS, cuz as it stands now, it is definitely not native 4K on PS5 even in Photo Mode during cut-scenes or gameplay:
OermlAx.jpg
QtAGVFl.jpg
Also, there's plenty more glitches related to graphics and animations, which I hope will be fixed via patch alongside PC release:
OKQWhMQ.png
I know that the main ND team didn't make this remake, but it is still the most glitchy and unpolished enough ND release I even played - I haven't had any of these issues in all of their previous games combined since PS3. I mean, WTF is that - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KiPIacy44s-GTN_1VKtnCFCb9ETr9hDw/view?usp=share_link ? Looks like a ghost of a background lighting effect leaking through environment. So weird to see this in ND game:messenger_dizzy:

Oh and waterfalls react to both Ellie and Joel, so John's statement about this in his DF video is not correct:
GLzsEXr.jpg

Last edited:

Nvzman

An afterthought implies that it was basic and shitty when in reality it was anything but. It was good. Enough to become very popular, and its absence feels like a cop-out.
Yea Factions was excellent, what the fuck is this "afterthought" nonsense.

We all know Factions wasn't included bc Sony wants it's GaaS sequel to be even more desirable.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Yea Factions was excellent, what the fuck is this "afterthought" nonsense.
I honestly can't think of anything even remotely worthy of a word "excellent" in regards to TLOU multiplayer (or just about any other multiplayer in a single player and story-driven focused game). But um... to each their own I guess.

giphy.gif

Could not care leass than I already am about their GaaS only game which is still in development, unless it'll have strong PvE story-driven content which can also be played solo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom