• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TLoU Part 2... How did you feel about... (Spoilers throughout)

How did you feel about the character change?

• I enjoyed the game as Abby and Ellie

Votes: 117 57.9%
  • I preferred playing as Abby

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I preferred playing as Ellie

Votes: 77 38.1%

• Total voters

pixelation

I remember when the switcheroo happened... I felt kinda bad pummeling the bad guys with melee attacks (after playing as the more nimble Ellie for so long, Abby felt like I was controlling the hulk)... enjoyed playing as both.

Last edited:

Silent Duck

Whenever someone writes “should of“ or “would of” instead of should have/would have a person gets killed with a golf club.
Sorry I really shouldn't of done that.
A NeoGaf Reenactment
giphy.gif

Jbomb19

Loved playing as both. I liked that they had different weapons and play style. But hot damn the descent and the hospital portion of Abby’s section were some of my faves.

Neil Young

Just finished the game. Thought it was incredible. The level of graphic detail, voice work, story really stunned me.

I'm also completely team Abby. I thought they did an incredible job of fleshing out her character and motivations. She was so focused on revenge that she seemed alone and afraid to commit true feelings towards anyone until the Scar boy. I guess the same could be said for Ellie but...

Ellie had Joel to avenge. Abby had her dad, her dog, her "boyfriend ", her associates...basically everyone she knew. The whole time I'm like "Go get em Abby, they killed Alice and Bear a poor lady playing Hotline Miami on Vita and a pregnant woman. HOLY SHIT!!"

Loved the game, one of the best I've played. I'm not into the SJW shit but I never felt that it forced itself on me. It got close with the Scar child but it was just a couple lines of dialogue. They also could have turned the muscle slider down a couple notches on Abby....or at least mentioned/show how she trained constantly to get her revenge.

tassletine

I thought mechanically the game was better as Abby, and they definitely fleshed out her character more than Ellie, but by that time I was fairly bored — so I’m just looking at the game design here, not the actual experience. My favourite level was the rattler one at the end of the game with Ellie, second the hanging scene, with Abby as I thought that was just so polished and atmospheric.

carlosrox

Banned
Just finish the game at about the 58 hour mark.

This game is definitely a masterpiece and I like it just as much if not more than the first.

I love that the ending is indeterminate.

----

So was Abby really bit?? I didn't see a bite on her. Maybe I just missed it.

I wonder what happened to Dina.

I'm glad Ellie was forgiving Joel. Was this days before he got killed?

I chose Abby because gameplay-wise I feel like I had more fun with her skill/weapon set. I didn't really care for either character's portrayal in this game though, strictly speaking from a gameplay perspective.

kyussman

I enjoyed all of it,Ellie,Abby,the flashbacks.....I loved the way they weaved the narrative.....game was incredible.

i thought Abby's section was garbage. attempt to empathize with her character, but it was a big miss for me. was very thankful when it was finally over

Last edited:
Top Bottom