• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TLOU II wins its first Game of the Year Award of many to come! Buckle Up Buckaroo! Poll Inside!

Will the Last of US Part II be this year's concensus GOTY?

• Total voters

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Well made game just not my thing. It was more akin to one of them dying of cancer indie games then the fun summer popcorn movie uncharted style games.

Last edited:
No idea wasn't me.

giphy.gif

Reindeer

Woke journalists and media voting for woke trash, nothing to see here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Wouldn't be my choice, but its a legitimate contender.

Hating the story because you feel "betrayed" or for whatever reason isn't a compelling argument for those who didn't have an issue with it. Its no less subjective than loving it because you found it creatively brave to choose a path so brazenly confrontational and downbeat.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Few things:

1) It will win many GOTY awards, despite being political propaganda more than video game due to media outlets being overwhelmingly far-left and SJW leaning (which this game caters to exclusively).

2) Who gives a shit

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
MTV Brasil was a good place. Not surprised how LoU2 won, based that mostly voters just read the news about this and voted on it anyways

Enzo88

It`s a pretty good game, but i have several problems with it:

- Pacing is a bit of a mess.
- Game should have been shorter, there are not enough ideas and quality level design to sustain those 25 plus hours.
- Some narrative choices are hard to justify, i just did not buy some of the characters reactions and motivations . This point though might come down to personal sensibility.

That said, my favorite game in this relatively weak year is FF7 remake.

The Oscars suck but they at least understood you waited until a year ended to do awards like this. What does this shit even mean when Cyberpunk isn't out?

GymWolf

Until cyberpunk comes out it's still my 2020 goty with hades pretty close, so yeah why not...

But on the other 3 fingered hand, It's kinda silly having an award like that when arguably the biggest game of the gen (surely of the year) still has to come out...

Last edited:

Compsiox

Banned
Definitely doesn't seem like it made an impact like the first game. It feels like no one is talking about it anymore.

I'd say there's a chance it gets game of the year at the game awards but it definitely doesn't seem close to a free win.

*Spoiler*

Ellie and Joel at the science museum, was absolutely one of the best sections for me, in any game. Everything else in Part 2, was garbage.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Real question: how many alternatives there are?

”Official” GOTYs are a confirmation bias fest already. You’ll never see a big outlet award an underdog, or a Nintendo game unless it’s Mario or Zelda, regardless of sales or popularity; that was EDGE’s shtick, but they’ve been out of fashion for a long time. It’s all about getting the views and the clicks. And when an AAA game touches on the issues TOLU2 does, it’s kinda easy mode. The game is quality, I don’t doubt it, but we all knew it would be GOTY bait from the start and not for gameplay reasons.

Anyway, I haven’t played the game and I don’t think I ever will, so this award (and the avalanche of them that’s gonna come) doesn’t affect me personally.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Definitely doesn't seem like it made an impact like the first game. It feels like no one is talking about it anymore.

I'd say there's a chance it gets game of the year at the game awards but it definitely doesn't seem close to a free win.

lolz... cunts dont shut up about it ffs.. nobody talks about it anymore...

Altares13th

For 2020, there was one better game IMO, FF7r. Good for them though, technically at least, it's the best game ever made. (yes, I enjoyed the story too)

Top Bottom