• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TLOU 2 NPD data was shamelessly manipulated(REAL NUMBERS INSIDE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terenty

Here's some data from the asylum(resetera):

Top 9 NPD for Sony launch :
  1. Spider-Man (30 days) : > 2.6m*
  2. TLOU Part II (16 days)
  3. God of War (16 days) : 1.9m (digital + bundles)
  4. Ghost of Tsushima (16 days)
  5. God of War 3 (19 days) : 1.1m (physical)
  6. Horizon Zero Dawn (33 days) : > 1m*
  7. The Last of Us (24 days) : > 1m*
  8. Uncharted 4 (19 days) : > 1m*
  9. Days Gone (9 days) : about 850k*
* : include digital

Now, Uncharted 4 sold more than 1m. in 19 days in US. Tlou 2, according to gamestat, sold around 5m. worldwide in 19 days. So let's assume it sold 2.5m. in US.(probably less)

How can Tlou 2 life sales in US already be more than Uncharted 4 life sales(more than 4 years on the market) if the difference in their launch sales are not that big?

Something doesn't add up here. This guy from NPD used some clever shilling wording in his tweet. The only way his info works is if he means life sales in a set period of time after launch. Tlou 2 could be the third best selling PS game of all time in US in 19 days or 1 month after launch or whatever metric this guy used, but didn't tell us, compared to the same number of days after launch for other PS games.

So, yes, i still say Tlou 2 sales are underwelming.

INC

To be expected

Still factions could be fun, since the combat is fun in tlou2 at least, when you get some rare open game play

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
What I want to know is why would NPD, an independent analyst, feel the need to juke the numbers for anyone? Its not like it'd help their business model LOL

Nankatsu

wtf I hate TLOU now

What I hate are these constant threads everyday about TLOU2 this, TLOU2 that. Enough is enough.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Uncharted 4 and spider man were infinitely better then TLoU2. ResetEra has a murder boner for anyone that doesn’t like the game. It’s such a shame such a technically well made game had to suffer with the c tier story and pacing. Moving some elements around and changing the story a bit would have made TLoU2 such a better game.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
Maybe in a couple years we'll get real sales numbers, but I would have a good laugh if TLJoU2 underperformed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom