• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TLOU 1, 2, or RE4 Remake which is the tps horror king?

Who is the king?

• TLOU

Votes: 26 10.2%
  • TLOU 2

Votes: 53 20.9%
  • RE4 Remake

Votes: 137 53.9%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 38 15.0%

• Total voters

sainraja

I feel like naughtydog captured the "horror" feel best in Uncharted 1 (in the later levels before you are officially introduced to the cursed) compared to The Last of Us games. The mobility of Nathan Drake and, of course, the cursed also helped (I think). I think what helped was that you are not expecting that kind of turn at all. Sony/ND needs to remake Uncharted 1. :D

The Last of Us games capture the feeling of being in an apocalypse, but they never felt "scary" or "horror" to me. Come to think of it, RE4 doesn't either, lol. RE2 and 3 were better with the "horror" feel. The cheesiness of RE4 completely destroys that for me.

I will say that in Part 2, and some areas of Part 1, ND did put you in a tense spot.

Last edited:

Hugare

Dead Space 2

I've recently replayed it and the moment I heard the screech from a Stalker lurking me I went

Here We Go Again GIF

No one goes through the Unitology church level without shitting their pants at least once. No one.

RE 4 and TLOU being horror games, pff

ZehDon

Well, considering TLOU franchise doesn't remotely qualify as "horror", I guess RE4R wins this nonsensical poll by default?

I selected Other though. RE2Remake is probably my favourite.

Last edited:

Lupin25

Part 2 is the best gameplay-wise (grounded difficulty) The Stalker/Bloater/Zombie Horde/Rat King setpieces are amazing.

RE4 is the OG though and a straight up action-horror classic all the way through.
TLOU’s universe only has elements of horror based on its bleak setting, so it has to be RE4, technically.

Last edited:
Lou destroys the others story wise.

Gameplay wise Lou 2 feels the best to play and has some amazing parts, like the rat king.

RE4 is addictive tho I’ve played it more than both tbh

3liteDragon

TLOU2 isn't even a horror game really but just from a gameplay perspective, the other two games on that list don't even come close to TLOU2.

kyussman

Tbh I've never considered TLoU games as horror......they certainly have those moments,quite a lot of them actually......but I've always seen them as regular third person shooters.

nkarafo

Are gore and zombies enough for a game to be categorized as "horror"?

They are more like "body horror" IMO and gore doesn't really make me feel anything tbh. So i wouldn't describe any of those games as "horror king".

Silent Hill games by Team Silent are the horror king if we are only counting third person perspective games.

Top Bottom