• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands - Official Announcement Trailer

elliot5

yep thats borderlands

this feels like a troll having a guy forging something to start the show.. I feel like Elden Ring will end the show with the forging aspect people really want to see lols

Last edited:
Borderlands’ Tiny Tina is getting her own spinoff game, Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands, Gearbox announced at the Summer Games Fest Kickoff livestream. Gearbox and 2K will launch the fantasy-based shooter in early 2022 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Windows PC (via Steam and the Epic Games Store), Xbox One, and Xbox Series X.

In Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands, players will build, customize, and control their own characters, and each character can fit into multiple classes. The game will feature the familiar Borderlands gunplay and weaponry with a fantasy setting, letting players blow up dragons with rocket launchers.

Tiny Tina is in charge of her game, and can change the world and setting at will — similar to her D&D-themed expansion for Borderlands 2, Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep. Ashly Burch returns to voice Tiny Tina, alongside new cast members Andy Samberg as Captain Valentine, Wanda Sykes as Frette the robot, and Will Arnett as the Dragon Lord himself.

According to Gearbox founder Randy Pitchford, Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands has been in and out of development for over 10 years. “For me, bringing actual Borderlands guns to fight dragons, skeletons, goblins, and more in an original fantasy world imagined by the galaxy’s deadliest thirteen-year-old, Tiny Tina, as a new, full-featured AAA video game is a dream come true,” said Pitchford.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Sygma

SPELLCASTING IN MY BORDERLANDS ?

Customized characters ? stacked cast ? god if the spellcasting is akin to Arx Fatalis I'm in for the biggest treat. Early 2022 sucks tho :'(

Holammer

A standalone Borderlands spinoff based on the bunkers and badasses from Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep DLC?
I'mma buy that, but not if it's EGS /spit

martino

but ... but ... celebrity voices
UnlawfulHeartyChanticleer-size_restricted.gif

Fbh

Is the horse at the end supposed to look like the dog from FFXIII-3?

I think I would have been more interested if it wasn't about guns

Last edited:

Holammer

Noticed it had a store page on Steam. But there's only one stinkin' image there with something that looks in-game'ish.

ss_2981ba5bf081f0aeaf95ce3e8551b4e5d33c532f.1920x1080.jpg

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The creative director on Tiny Tina's Wonderlands joins us to analyze everything we see if the reveal trailer for this Borderlands spin-off game. Set within a game, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands takes place inside a game of Bunkers and Badasses, first introduced in the Borderlands 2 DLC, Assault on Dragon Keep. In this trailer, we get a glimpse at the game's main antagonist, the Dragon Lord, voiced by Will Arnett. We also see snippets of new enemies such as skeletons from the Assault on Dragon Keep DLC, as well as new enemy, shark with legs. In a series first, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands will allow users to wield melee weapons along side the usual plethora of weapons. In addition, and building off the spell grenade system of Assault on Dragon Keep, players will be able to cast spells with their custom created characters. Oh and the game will allow player to shoot their guns WHILE casting spells.

I really wonder whose bright idea it was to base the trailer on some voice actors (I have no idea who any of them are, to be honest, except Tina's), instead of the actual characters. Is Gearbox so out of touch with their target audience?

Holammer

I really wonder whose bright idea it was to base the trailer on some voice actors (I have no idea who any of them are, to be honest, except Tina's), instead of the actual characters. Is Gearbox so out of touch with their target audience?
It is a dumb teaser, but maybe they keep the actual trailer for some other presentation.

Salz01

Noticed it had a store page on Steam. But there's only one stinkin' image there with something that looks in-game'ish.

ss_2981ba5bf081f0aeaf95ce3e8551b4e5d33c532f.1920x1080.jpg
Looks cool. Kind of want to see the character creator and see if it sucks or not. Didn’t like the characters of the last game. So I’m glad I can make my own, just hope it doesn’t suck.

BUTT stallion so fucking funny because butt is in the name!

This game looks abysmal
I take it you've never played Borderlands 2? It's not supposed to be "funny", it's supposed to show how much of a psychotic manchild Handsome Jack was.
Bought a poney made of diamonds because he's filthy rich? check.
Named it Butt Stallion to mock you because that's how puerile his sense of humour still is? Check.

I don't trust current Gearbox to make anything but an abysmal game though, so I agree with you on that at least.

Last edited:
Top Bottom