• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Timesplitters Rewind Update 2020 (Gameplay, Progress, Release Plan)

stranno

They shoul work on the map editor.

Map editor on TS2 and TS:FP were probably the best console-native map editors ever seen in a videogame (along with Halo's Forge).

MAtgS

I think this is gonna be too little, too late in the end. Series co-creator Steve Ellis announced he is working on a new Timesplitters project of some sort. We could very well be seeing an official HD collection out before Rewind.

00_Zer0

I was sceptical towards this project at first but after watching their newest update video I gotta say they're doing a damn fine job. I hope they can pull this behemoth off.

Looking great! I just bought Timesplitters 2 and Future Perfect again so I can emulate them through Dolphin on my PC, but I can't wait till this comes out. I've been waiting years for this.

I never dabbled into emulating the PS2 versions, but they have online play. I wonder if PCSX2 offers emulated games to be played online if original games offered it?

Last edited:

Kikorin

This is an insane amount of work and looks great considering the small team.

THQ NORDIC or who have the rights of the game right now should hire these guys and put them in some team to remaster or remake the game. With online play it could be a blast and could have a maybe small, but active community.

I just want a damn remake or a new one. TS2 is still probably my single favorite game of all time. The game itself, all the modes inlcuding the bots, the challenges, the ridiculous characters... They don't make games that good anymore.

Last edited:
Please tell me Leo Krupps and Peekaboo Jones will be in it. Played 100s of hours of capture the bag in TS1 with my brother. The best part about these games for me (TS1 and TS2 at least) was how comical it was playing with the bots. Something like remote mines /proximity mines / bricks only in Chinese and having a clusterfuck of bots stuck in a doorway throwing remote mines on each other while the bag tries to get through. And then having a loose bot come by and take the enemy bag back towards the enemy base.

Top Bottom