• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Times top 10 games of the year

ungalo

the editor/writer that put this list together is very brave.

If they wanted ‘gamer’ dicksucks they should ahve picked a narrative adventure point and click like immortality or Norco, or vampire survivors, or return to monkey island.
You can believe that if you spent too much time in some dark corners of the internet, but except for Elden Ring place this is the ranking you need to make to be approved by the masses. This is pretty much the nominees for Game Awards.

You literally get death threats if you talk shit about Ragnarok.

I don't think video game suffers from too much contrarian thinking, if only that was true. And Vampire Survivors is not a narrative adventure point & click.

Last edited:
You can believe that if you spent too much time in some dark corners of the internet, but except for Elden Ring place this is the ranking you need to make to be approved by the masses. This is pretty much the nominees for Game Awards.

You literally get death threats if you talk shit about Ragnarok.

I don't think video game suffers from too much contrarian thinking, if only that was true. And Vampire Survivors is not a narrative adventure point & click.

You also get death threats for criticizing or not saying elden ring is not the one or two best game of the year. Or saying nintendo didn’t have any games worthy of a top 10 list.

I’m sure that guys mentions are gonna be hell for foreseeable future

Where is Xenoblade 3, Triangle Strategy, Live A Live, Stranger of Paradise...?

All eaten by that fucking cat at #5. The absolute state.

Cat Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

ungalo

You also get death threats for criticizing or not saying elden ring is not the one or two best game of the year. Or saying nintendo didn’t have any games worthy of a top 10 list.

I’m sure that guys mentions are gonna be hell for foreseeable future
Those are also very mainstream games. I doubt anyone will insult you for not liking Immortality or Tunic.

Forbidden West was a great game. But, in no universe is it better than Elden Ring.

The Quarry being ahead of it to is even worse.

i knew people were going to go at you for horizon forbidden west at number 2. i havent played it yet and am looking forward to seeing why people seem to despise this game so much, when i finally get round to playing it.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
I feel like all the people complaining are missing one essential part of this. It is TIME magazine. When was the last time you read or gave a shit about anything in that magazine

Handel

Tell me you only own PS consoles without telling me you only own PS consoles. Horizon FW at #2 and The Quarry above ER is already enough of a joke, but to include an enhanced port and mediocre DLC instead of many other great games released this year shows that this person isn't a gamer.

I feel like all the people complaining are missing one essential part of this. It is TIME magazine. When was the last time you read or gave a shit about anything in that magazine

It doesn’t matter if it was a twitter user with 20 followers, if someone puts a list out Elden Ring and GoWR BETTER be in the top 2 or else

Real Gamers™ won’t stand for it

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
I'm not even sure if the people that write these lists even play all of the games that they put on the list.

I didn't play them all either but IMO...

Excited Celebration GIF by Slanted Studios

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
HFW is the most graphically impressive open world game ever created. It's not insane some would rate it high. In fact I think God of War, HFW and Elden Ring should be everyone's top 3 in whatever order.
This. I just played all 3 games back to back they're all amazing and for different reasons

I'm not very far in Elden Ring but I can tell it's gonna be special

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
i knew people were going to go at you for horizon forbidden west at number 2. i havent played it yet and am looking forward to seeing why people seem to despise this game so much, when i finally get round to playing it.
I'll answer that for you...

It's a great PlayStation game

This list is complete, the GOTY awards have barely started.
Hmmm…so a list showing a game you want to win goty is valid but the other list should wait till January when it’s not what you want.

deez nuts GIF

HFW is the most graphically impressive open world game ever created. It's not insane some would rate it high. In fact I think God of War, HFW and Elden Ring should be everyone's top 3 in whatever order.

Point out the guy that doesn’t play indies. Vampire Survivor, Cult of Lamb and immortality should imo place higher than Horizion. If someone put Vamp Suvivor at #1 I wouldn’t be mad. Best horde mode since Gears 2. Also does better rpg mechanics than almost any game this year outside of Elden ring.

Last edited:

GenericUser

Yep, it's been a dry year. But 2023 will be awesome. Starfield, FF16, FM8, Diablo 4, Dead Island 2, Resident Evil 4 Remake...

Ragnarok is cool (not played it yet though), but the rest was kinda meh for me. Glad I have Modern Warfare 2 to at least keep me busy.

Last edited:

MadPanda

Banned
No, it's not. It has pretty, gamey graphics and that's it. After the first game and its dlc Forbidden West was a disappointment.

Madflavor

People keep bringing up Horizon, but The Quarry being at #3 while simultaneously beating out Elden Ring which sits at #4, is one of the worst takes I've seen in awhile.

Fredrik

It doesn’t matter if it was a twitter user with 20 followers, if someone puts a list out Elden Ring and GoWR BETTER be in the top 2 or else

Real Gamers™ won’t stand for it
Don’t worry, Stuff gave the GOTY to Elden Ring and had GOWR as #2, you can sleep calmly tonight.

Last edited:
Top Bottom